Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are we better at 2B in 2013?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we are now better.

34 69.39%
  • It is a wash.

13 26.53%
  • No, we are now worse.

2 4.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    If Izturis is rejuvenated and inspired by being a starting 2B, maybe he can post a similar line to his 2009 season. In 387 AB's, he hit .300 .359 .793 with 8HR 65RBI...13/18 on the basepaths and just 41 SO to 35 BB. I'm sure if he posted a line similar to that this year, it would end up being well over the major league average for 2B.

vCash
    Losing KJ's whiffs will be great. The biggest factor for me is the turf at Skydome.

Boni could be supreme... time will tell.

vCash
    I also hated Johnson. Never liked the trade, never liked his defense, and his offense was way to sporadic.

Horrible strikeout ratio. I am so happy he's gone.

I am not by any means expecting Izturis to post his numbers like 09, but if he did, that would be an outstanding upgrade.

I think Emilio will get most of the playing time there though.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I also hated Johnson. Never liked the trade, never liked his defense, and his offense was way to sporadic.

Horrible strikeout ratio. I am so happy he's gone.

I am not by any means expecting Izturis to post his numbers like 09, but if he did, that would be an outstanding upgrade.

I think Emilio will get most of the playing time there though.
    I loved the trade. Hill was brutal for us 2 and 1/2 seasons and both he and the Jays needed a change of scenery.

AA saw that Hill was no longer producing and did see that he had a future with the team. So he moved him for Johnson who was a type A free agent. At the time Hill was barely holding onto type B status. AA made the trade in hopes to land another first round pick and a supplemental pick.

The plan went well and Johnson just held onto his type A classifications. AA offered him arbitration and stupid Johnson accepted his 6.35M. AA did not get his picks; Johnson got 6.35M but his value dropped significantly and wont get any deals better than what he was offer last year.

Those two picks would have added to our farm. AA made the right moves; too bad Johnson could find an acceptable deal last off-season.

vCash
    Kelly Johnson was pretty damn awful last year. He didn't exactly set the bar high there. Maicer Izturis was better than that in a part time role virtually every other year of his career. He's an upgrade over what Johnson was last year.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    To me it doesn't matter...

we've upgraded everywhere else (LF, SS, 2 SPs) lessening the significance of our 2b production..

and guys like Maicer and Bonafacio with their speed are much better fit than Johnson and his ks

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    KJ was awful plain and simple. Anyone at 2B this season would be an upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    KJ was awful plain and simple. Anyone at 2B this season would be an upgrade.
    This 100%...

vCash
    lol, I dunnnno. *said all cute and bashfully, while pivoting one foot*

vCash
    Kelly Johnson would swing at a pitch that wasn't even thrown. The guy has Zero patience behind the plate. He's frustrating to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Kelly Johnson would swing at a pitch that wasn't even thrown. The guy has Zero patience behind the plate. He's frustrating to watch.
    Now that is classic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    To me it doesn't matter...

we've upgraded everywhere else (LF, SS, 2 SPs) lessening the significance of our 2b production..

and guys like Maicer and Bonafacio with their speed are much better fit than Johnson and his ks
    Agreed. Izzy and Emilio have a better skillsets to be supplementary players, so it won't be nearly as much all or nothing (And it was a lot more nothing than all w/ Johnson) as it was with Mr. K.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123