Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmgren/Newton

vCash
    Look. I'm not a fan of Romo. He has had s great line in his first years here and didn't get it done. He was Eben throwing it to T.O, Terry Glenn and Jason Whiten in their primes. Granted our d sucked but was good enough. Tom Brady would have won it all with that team. So...I want a new QB if we are talking about winning it all. Before we make that move we need to fix the o line or it won't matter who is throwing the ball. All talk is pointless until the o kine is fixed. Doest matter who is coaching, playing Qb or WR. Get the line fixed!!

vCash
    Personally I would take Cam Newton over Romo, but we all can deam
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Personally I would take Cam Newton over Romo, but we all can deam
    Yea apparently the owner of the Panthers has said that any GM must build around Cam rendering the reporter's speculation that Cam could become available nothing but a dream to Cowboys fans who are not infatuated with Romo. Unfortunate. Holmgren is still a significant upgrade over Garrett though.

vCash
    Cam can kick rocks...I want a Rogers/ Manning. Type

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Damone View Post
    Cam can kick rocks...I want a Rogers/ Manning. Type
    Lol don't we all. Well some of the Romo fan boys probably don't. He da best EVAR!

vCash
    Not sold on Holmgren but he's definitely a upgrade over Garrett. But can we stop making these type of threads, at least wait until the season is over? While were at it can we trade for Eric Berry, Eugene Monroe, and Joe Haden... I mean since Chiefs, Jaguars, and Browns are changing GM/Head Coach's that mean those players are on the trading block, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    Lol don't we all. Well some of the Romo fan boys probably don't. He da best EVAR!
    Nobody is saying Romo is the best ever. We're just saying that Cam is totally unreasonable just as any other starting QB. What QB could Dallas possibly acquire in a trade that would be better than Romo?

I'm all for drafting Romo's future replacement seeing as how he's 32 years old and only has a few more quality years left (unless our OL continues to suck, then it might only be a year or two left). I'd be happy drafting Landry Jones in the 3rd round and having him sit behind Romo for a few years until he's ready to play and Romo is ready to move on.

As for Jason Garrett, just give the man a goddamn chance. There's been too many coaching changes in Dallas over the past few years resulting in too much inconsistant play. Guess how many coaches the Steelers have had since 1969? Three. Part of the blame goes to JJ for being a ******* and firing Tom Landry when he took over for no apparent reason. He then proceeded to fire Jimmy Johnson after all the success he had, just because the two JJ's didn't get along. Jones hasn't had a long lasting coach since. He hires a coach, that coach has a successful season or two, then a couple bad ones, and then it's on to the next coach. Hopefully Jones sees that now, because it looks like he's really sticking behind Jason Garrett who seems like a very bright, yet somewhat inexperienced head coach.

vCash
    How about we just get a ****ing offensive line that will do it's job and not make Romo run for his damn life every play!

vCash
    I would like to see cowher. He is more hard core and thats what the boys need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    With an all pro line Romo would still throw interceptions and find a way to mess it up... we had all pro bowlers r line in 07 and Romo still choked he threw 36tds and 19 picks way too Many picks
    last year cam threw 17 or something.. you people are saying romo is a "turnover waiting to happen" and you want CAM? are you kidding me? i LOVE cam, but the guy is nowhere near romo's level.

it has almost come to the point where i agree with auseranami.. you never know what you had until you lost it. the day romo is gone i bet 98% of the fans will miss him. look at rodgers against the giants: YOU CAN'T WIN WITHOUT AN O-LINE!!!

vCash
    Cowher is the answer, but JJ would go nuts if he built this tr the way he would like to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Nobody is saying Romo is the best ever. We're just saying that Cam is totally unreasonable just as any other starting QB. What QB could Dallas possibly acquire in a trade that would be better than Romo?

I'm all for drafting Romo's future replacement seeing as how he's 32 years old and only has a few more quality years left (unless our OL continues to suck, then it might only be a year or two left). I'd be happy drafting Landry Jones in the 3rd round and having him sit behind Romo for a few years until he's ready to play and Romo is ready to move on.

As for Jason Garrett, just give the man a goddamn chance. There's been too many coaching changes in Dallas over the past few years resulting in too much inconsistant play. Guess how many coaches the Steelers have had since 1969? Three. Part of the blame goes to JJ for being a ******* and firing Tom Landry when he took over for no apparent reason. He then proceeded to fire Jimmy Johnson after all the success he had, just because the two JJ's didn't get along. Jones hasn't had a long lasting coach since. He hires a coach, that coach has a successful season or two, then a couple bad ones, and then it's on to the next coach. Hopefully Jones sees that now, because it looks like he's really sticking behind Jason Garrett who seems like a very bright, yet somewhat inexperienced head coach.
    Totally agree, but I think we are in the minority.

vCash

Well when the report made it seem like Cam might be available, I thought it would be a good idea to go and get him. Unfortunately it seems highly unlikely that Cam will become available so it's no longer an issue or discussion. If he were to become available then I think we would be dumb not to at least try to get him. Someone brought up Cam tossing 17ints, but that was his rookie season playing on a completely ***** team. Romo is tossing INTs, I believe he is still leading the league for INTs this year and he is a VET.

Maybe you are not included in the Romo is the best ever but that seems to be the mentality on this forum which is ridiculous.

Garrett I could excuse if he really was some sort of offensive mastermind, but he is extremely predictable and doesn't run the offense very well at all. Then we can get to his clock/game management, which is just terrible. When he took over as coach he said he was going to eliminate penalties which hasn't happened. He preached accountability which hasn't happened. He needs to be held accountable himself. If he were more successful as an OC I could forgive the growin pains of a first time HC, but as it is I don't know if I really see the upside to keeping him around. I am kind of worried we end up like Philly next year, not achieving goals, sure we need to go with someone else, but stuck in limbo during the season. I agree and understand wanting to keep Garrett , I would like to as well, but I don't know if we should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    last year cam threw 17 or something.. you people are saying romo is a "turnover waiting to happen" and you want CAM? are you kidding me? i LOVE cam, but the guy is nowhere near romo's level.

it has almost come to the point where i agree with auseranami.. you never know what you had until you lost it. the day romo is gone i bet 98% of the fans will miss him. look at rodgers against the giants: YOU CAN'T WIN WITHOUT AN O-LINE!!!
    cam was a rookie and still had the best stats ever for a rookie on a trash team... his upside is tremendous.... meanwhile we have Romo makin the same mistakes yr after yr he's uncoachable... he won't get any better we have seen the best of Romo whether we have a great team or not Romo is Romo

vCash
    This thread epitomizes the reason why I don't post in the Cowboys forum much anymore. Too many stupid Cowboys fans with absurd and ridiculous ideas.
    this

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast