Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hypothetical question

IF we win out and still fail to make the playoffs do we fire Garrett? astros1981 you're an idiot for starting this thread in 3...2..1.....

vCash
    Yes with no questions asked

vCash
    No, if JG wins with these back ups, he deserves one more year...
    But that is winning out.

vCash
    I hope not. But I'm one of the people who bought into that 3 year plan to fix our team. Well, we're left needing to make improvements on the o-line but that's about it. We could use some depth all around. If we at least address it somewhat during the offseason, then we start the year next year with all of our guys back from injuries, then we we will have a damn good team next year just as planned.

vCash
    No I would not fire him even if he didn't win out. However he needs to hand over play calling duties to either Callahan or hire new OC. He needs to be able to watch over the whole team not just the offence. This will allow him to manage things such as his staff and game management more effectively.

Having a fully responsable OC adds a level of accountability that properly run organizations require. Not saying he can't focus more on offense than the other units (Seeing as his background is in offense) but the play calling is too tasking for a Head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeShaunMarShawn View Post
    No I would not fire him even if he didn't win out. However he needs to hand over play calling duties to either Callahan or hire new OC. He needs to be able to watch over the whole team not just the offence. This will allow him to manage things such as his staff and game management more effectively.

Having a fully responsable OC adds a level of accountability that properly run organizations require. Not saying he can't focus more on offense than the other units (Seeing as his background is in offense) but the play calling is too tasking for a Head coach.
    I would love to see Norv Turner hired as to OC and keep Garrett as the head coach. I think he is building a good team. IF he would not give up the play calling then he should be fired.

vCash
    IMO we only need to address our Oline and we'll be in great shape. I still want a "ball hawk" safety as well. Anyone know of one this year's draft??

vCash
    We need to adress the Oline this offseason and hopefully acquire 2 guards better than the 2 we got this offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeShaunMarShawn View Post

If Garrett is back next season his play calling duties need to be stripped so he can focus and put his brain into managing games better. I think the players respond to him well. If you look at Philly their Oline is just as bad and their season has had plenty of challenges like us. I see how the players on both teams have responded and I must say our players still try hard for Garrett. I don't see anyone giving up on this season and I think that has to go a long way. I can recall the 2 coaches before Garrett losing the locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    I would love to see Norv Turner hired as to OC and keep Garrett as the head coach. I think he is building a good team. IF he would not give up the play calling then he should be fired.
    It's not about him giving up play calling, it's that Jerry wants him to be the play caller. Jerry has said many times that he wants his head coach to be the play caller. If it's a defensive coach or offensive coach he wants that coach to be the play caller for the unit he's specialized in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAL*CWB View Post
    It's not about him giving up play calling, it's that Jerry wants him to be the play caller. Jerry has said many times that he wants his head coach to be the play caller. If it's a defensive coach or offensive coach he wants that coach to be the play caller for the unit he's specialized in.
    Jerry is changing his mind.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-sta...181032011.html

vCash
    ^ Nice find.

vCash
    I want to say yes, but essentially whats the point? Hire another puppet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!

i think garrett stays, regardless. this team needs continuity. we dont need a new coach, a new system, etc. just my humble opinion.

we do need to stay healthy, better execution, and better players.

doesnt matter what i want though.

and imo, jerry keeps garrett, regardless, short of a massive, lose every game by landslide faulter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!

i think garrett stays, regardless. this team needs continuity. we dont need a new coach, a new system, etc. just my humble opinion.

we do need to stay healthy, better execution, and better players.

doesnt matter what i want though.

and imo, jerry keeps garrett, regardless, short of a massive, lose every game by landslide faulter.
    If we brought in an oc there would be at least a slightly new system. I don't want red to come back but continuity is something this team hasn't had since jimmy, and he wasn't even here very long. I guess I could get on board if we brought in someone who knows how to run and offense. Him being the coach and calling plays shouldn't be too much to ask for, lots of coaches call plays. I don't think that is what's overwhelming him, I think being a head coach is overwhelming him.

titties

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast