Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2 Deep Safeties?

It seems as if everyone in the entire league understands that this is how you slow down the Packers.

My question in this, what are some options for countering and why haven't the Packers faired better given that they see this particular defense on a regular basis?

Is the run game that bad?

vCash
    The counter to that is short slants and let the recievers make the play. We've seem to have gotten away from that.

vCash
    good teams take what they want not just what is given, we need to just make plays

if we could run the ball obviously we would be able to take advantage of the 2 deep safety, however we cant run the ball so....

vCash
    Quick slants, screen passes, Jermichael Finley.

Pete Rose, here he comes!

vCash
    MM needs to get a little more creative in the passing game. Throwing deep balls every time isnt going to work. Also our run game sucks so its easier for teams to play their safety's deep.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    The counter to that is short slants and let the recievers make the play. We've seem to have gotten away from that.
    It also doesn't help that a game doesn't go by where someone drops a pass.

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    good teams take what they want not just what is given, we need to just make plays

if we could run the ball obviously we would be able to take advantage of the 2 deep safety, however we cant run the ball so....
    That's not entirely true. By that statement I think you are MM preaching to us why he shouldn't have to make adjustments to take what they are giving us.

Yes we need to make plays, but we need to make plays according to the adjustments we make to how we're being played defensively.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    I remember all this talk of back shoulder passes that no one but Aaron Could make. I understand that two deep safties will allow the corner to play more aggressive, but this shouldn't be taken away completely should it??
    This Video shows the back shoulder pass that Aaron has perfected last year!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHg3v87tAQ8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtardz View Post
    So the west coast offense. I'm frustrated that we see virtually no west coast offense anymore.

I'll just add to your comment as well a TE basically running right down the middle of the field really helps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    So the west coast offense. I'm frustrated that we see virtually no west coast offense anymore.

I'll just add to your comment as well a TE basically running right down the middle of the field really helps.
    Basically. It's like we either try to run with our non existent running game. Throw a bomb or hike and immediately throw to the side at the line of scrimmage where we get tackled instantly. Teams know we are constantly trying to go for the big play and it's not working for us. It doesn't seem like we make any adjustments. I still think we'll be fine especially when we get a full Greg Jennings back but we're definitely not the homerun hitting offense we were a year ago.

vCash
    The packers need to attack the middle of the field. With tight ends or screens. The receivers as good as they are need to get to the middle of the field on their post and slant routes. It also seems jordy Nelson only runs vertical sideline routes. They need to mix it up. The middle of the field should be open for yardage on check downs as long as our back can beat one man. That just seems to be a stretch with guys we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elloader View Post
    The packers need to attack the middle of the field. With tight ends or screens. The receivers as good as they are need to get to the middle of the field on their post and slant routes. It also seems jordy Nelson only runs vertical sideline routes. They need to mix it up. The middle of the field should be open for yardage on check downs as long as our back can beat one man. That just seems to be a stretch with guys we have.
    Jordy usually always runs vertical to try opening up the middle of the field but, teams have been playing that against us
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    PackerBum9786;24496968]
    Quote Originally Posted by elloader View Post
    Jordy usually always runs vertical to try opening up the middle of the field but, teams have been playing that against us
    Agree with all of this. Beating the cover 2 is all about getting the safety's back up toward the line of scrimmage. To do that you need to keep beating the linebackers with a power running game or a lot of slants, crossing routes and Norms favorite, check downs. Until we do that all the deep seam routes and go routes MM insists on running will continue to be worthless.

vCash

2 Deep Safeties?

Also, unless you can make a team rush more than 4 you're going to be throwing against 7 in coverage and even Rodgers looks bad in that scenario. So you need an OL that can at least give you some time. Not sure how likely that is but it sort of goes hand in hand with the short passing game, they each improve the other.