Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Geez, check out that bat speed! Phenomenal. Maybe the best game changer we ever had.

And as a catcher no less.

Sigh.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I would certainly hope he goes in as a Met too. On another note, did anyone else feel really old when reading the list of players?

For some reason I did...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    He's said in the past that if given the choice he'd go as a Met, not a Dodger. Ill be disappointed if he doesn't go as a Met, that's where he had the most impact IMO.

I'm interested to see what happens with Bonds and Clemens. I'm certain Sosa doesn't go, at least not this time
    Hall of Fame picks the team the player represents.

The HoF will ask Piazza his preference. If they feel both options, Dodgers or Mets, are close, they may let his preference decide. If they feel that he must represent one or the other, his preference will not be given consideration.

The policy was put in place when the HoF became concerned that teams would pay an incentive bonus to an inductee so that he would choose to wear their cap in the HoF.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I was more impressed with the excitement in the crowd. Makes me wonder if we will ever have those days in Flushing again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Hall of Fame picks the team the player represents.

The HoF will ask Piazza his preference. If they feel both options, Dodgers or Mets, are close, they may let his preference decide. If they feel that he must represent one or the other, his preference will not be given consideration.

The policy was put in place when the HoF became concerned that teams would pay an incentive bonus to an inductee so that he would choose to wear their cap in the HoF.
    Remember the good old days when major players rarely changed teams and what hat they wore in Cooperstown was never an issue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Remember the good old days when major players rarely changed teams and what hat they wore in Cooperstown was never an issue?
    As well as I remember my grand pappy working for mastuh. Point being that what was great for fans, wasn't actually so great for the players. I wish Kansas City could afford to keep players like George Brett for the duration of their careers. Damn you Marvin Miller!
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    His veteran leadership, mustache, and consistent hitting played a big part in helping the Mets to the 2006 National League Eastern Division title. Valentín capped off his great regular season by hitting two home runs against the Florida Marlins on September 18, 2006, in the division-clinching game.
    From Jose Valenntin's wiki.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    As well as I remember my grand pappy working for mastuh. Point being that what was great for fans, wasn't actually so great for the players. I wish Kansas City could afford to keep players like George Brett for the duration of their careers. Damn you Marvin Miller!
    The players would feel differently.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Unfortunately, once a strong union is in place, the pendulum swings way too far to the employees. Players were grossly underpaid, not they are grossly overpaid.

Personally, I think it is a shame when stars that the fans grow to love, just walk away to the highest bidder.

Wish we could find a happy medium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Unfortunately, once a strong union is in place, the pendulum swings way too far to the employees. Players were grossly underpaid, not they are grossly overpaid.

Personally, I think it is a shame when stars that the fans grow to love, just walk away to the highest bidder.

Wish we could find a happy medium.
    Many mediums are so happy they smile, probably from bilking people out of their money.

Here's one such happy medium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD4fP0YeFJo

Disclaimer: FoC thinks this medium and all others are FoS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Many mediums are so happy they smile, probably from bilking people out of their money.

Here's one such happy medium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD4fP0YeFJo

Disclaimer: FoC thinks this medium and all others are FoS
    I looked into one of my crystal balls once and found I had glass vas deferens.

Scared the bejesus out of me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12