Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Piazza debuts on Hall of Fame ballot

Mike Piazza is due to make his first appearance on the Hall of Fame ballot when it is released at noon ET Wednesday.

Other retired players to appear for the first time are sure to include: Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling and Sammy Sosa.

It will be clear who else made the cut to appear on the ballot at noon, but other eligible players include Kenny Lofton, David Wells, Julio Franco, Shawn Green, Steve Finley, Roberto Hernandez, Jeff Cirillo, Jose Valentin, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Conine, Jose Mesa, Royce Clayton, Bob Wickman, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Woody Williams, Rondell White, Mike Lieberthal, Tony Batista, Mike Stanton, Sandy Alomar Jr., Damian Miller and Todd Walker, according to the Hall of Fame.

A candidate must appear on 75 percent of submitted ballots in order to gain election.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa will be interesting to watch. Mike P should be a first ballot HOFer.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    There are folks who have suspicions about Piaza as well, but there is no evidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    There are folks who have suspicions about Piaza as well, but there is no evidence.
    No, Piazza was never implicated. For what it's worth, I've got suspicions of everyone who wears a uniform, including David Wright, RA Dickey, and Derek Jeter. But I'll reserve judgement until they're implicated.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No, Piazza was never implicated. For what it's worth, I've got suspicions of everyone who wears a uniform, including David Wright, RA Dickey, and Derek Jeter. But I'll reserve judgement until they're implicated.
    The question is whether the voters will reserve judgement as the suspicions regarding Piazza are on a different level than a Dickey or Jeter. I think they will but its not a given.

vCash

Piazza debuts on Hall of Fame ballot

There have been a few reports in which people suspected Piazza specially the whole backne thing, but nothing more than that.

He should be a first ballot HOF, but I will be very interested to see what Bonds gets. He was a HOF player even before he took HGH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    The question is whether the voters will reserve judgement as the suspicions regarding Piazza are on a different level than a Dickey or Jeter. I think they will but its not a given.
    The reports about Piazza were never looked into.

It's a non issue for him.

vCash

Piazza Is No Brainer

First ballot HOF after him everyone of the guys are suspect.

vCash
    One of the best classes in a long time. It would be a shame if Piazza doesn't get in first ballot.

vCash
    question no is does he go in as a met?
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santana4Prez'08 View Post
    question no is does he go in as a met?
    He should but Lasorda is his godfather and he might as a favor to him go in as a Dodger.

I could be wrong but him being drafted as a Dodger was due to Lasordas influence with the Dodgers.

But without question his most important years were in a Met uniform.

vCash
    he better go in as a met haha
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    He's said in the past that if given the choice he'd go as a Met, not a Dodger. Ill be disappointed if he doesn't go as a Met, that's where he had the most impact IMO.

I'm interested to see what happens with Bonds and Clemens. I'm certain Sosa doesn't go, at least not this time
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    In the end, he was on the Mets the longest and was certainly the center piece of New York. I don't even know what I'd do if he goes in as a Dodger. Probably say how upset I am on PSD or somethin'...

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    There have been a few reports in which people suspected Piazza specially the whole backne thing, but nothing more than that.

He should be a first ballot HOF, but I will be very interested to see what Bonds gets. He was a HOF player even before he took HGH.
    Definitely agree Piazza should be a first ballot.

What would be interesting to see is "The List" of guys that Uncle Bud has privy to that have been known to use enhancements.

One of my all-time favorite players to watch was Barry Bonds. I agree that he was a shoo-in first ballot HOFamer before he started cheating.

When I lived in Denver, I always saw him play when the Giants came to town. Yeah, the guy is not the nicest person, but he had one sweet swing and one of the greatest pair of eyes since Ted Williams.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast