Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    I really hope pierce is playing through an injury because he has been beyond horrid the past couple games.if he is just playing this bad that really is gonna hurt their chances if he's injured they just gottta wait for him to be healthy

vCash
    Most amazing thing tonight? Pierce was only 1 rebound and a few assists away from a triple double. Kinda shows why simple stats are flawed at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Most amazing thing tonight? Pierce was only 1 rebound and a few assists away from a triple double. Kinda shows why simple stats are flawed at times.
    yup he played really terrible though and I think they should give it a thought of having him come off the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    humphries with a dirty play, way to defend your teammate rajon
    DA and Doc were force feeding Celtic Nation the notion that this is Rondo's team.... Hahaha some leader. Play harder and smarter, don't act like a punk. What a ****ing jerk he is. He isn't fit to lead the Celts anywhere but perdition.

At least the ersatz streak is dead.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I am really warming to the idea of signing K-Mart for the nasty factor.

Whine all you want about Rondo losing his cool, but he stepped up. The Celtics need a good old time "enforcer" to man the paint.... something they have lacked since Perk was traded... if not longer.

The Celtics have ZERO intimidation factor and other teams know this.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I was just wondering did it piss any of you guys off that Rondo kicked it out when he had that wide open layup in transition? I mean it did me and I'm not even a C's fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics 34 View Post
    yup he played really terrible though and I think they should give it a thought of having him come off the bench
    Been saying this since prseason.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Pierce looks like he's 50, so sluggish. On a good night he shoots 7-20. They talk about Green having a hard time coming off the bench, why not have Pierce come off the bench and start Green. Now Lee is mangled. I hope Bradley is a sparkplug when he comes back. This team is in serious trouble.
    Yep, been calling for this all season. Glad to see others are getting behind it. Makes me think Doc may eventually figure it out.

vCash
    Where is Fab Melo? I liked him at Cuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I am really warming to the idea of signing K-Mart for the nasty factor.
    yup

Whine all you want about Rondo losing his cool, but he stepped up.
    Please. It wasn't a flagrent foul, and KG added a flop. Rondo overreacted. He's still a shrill *****, not a leader.

Speaking of Rondo and the bogus streak, Doc violated his own beliefs. He always says that if you want to get the ball for your own benefit rather than what's good for the team, the Celtics are not the place for you. Then he puts Rondo into garbage time to collect his 10th assist, and sits for Rondo passing up obvious shots to stat pad.

Obviously DA, Doc, and the owners know KG's time is nearly up and Rondo is the guy that they have to tag with "leader". It's a shame for the Celts and the fans of the Celts that this flawed player and human being is the raw material they have to work with. Tough to make a leader out of an emotionally reactive personality, and incomplete player.

The Celtics need a good old time "enforcer" to man the paint.... something they have lacked since Perk was traded... if not longer.

The Celtics have ZERO intimidation factor and other teams know this.
    Before the season I labeled this team as deep at the #1, 2, 3, but weak at the #4/5. We need a real talented 5/4 and a role/goon 4/5 to have a real shot. It'll cost the future to get them, but since DA and co. decided to go for broke for this season, no reason to stop now.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Falling down easy to the ground is flopping. Falling down on your tailbone and hitting your head on a photographer is not flopping.

And let me guess Bags, Bird and McHale would have never gone after someone like that if they were in that game, huh?

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    yup

Please. It wasn't a flagrent foul, and KG added a flop. Rondo overreacted. He's still a shrill *****, not a leader.

Speaking of Rondo and the bogus streak, Doc violated his own beliefs. He always says that if you want to get the ball for your own benefit rather than what's good for the team, the Celtics are not the place for you. Then he puts Rondo into garbage time to collect his 10th assist, and sits for Rondo passing up obvious shots to stat pad.

Obviously DA, Doc, and the owners know KG's time is nearly up and Rondo is the guy that they have to tag with "leader". It's a shame for the Celts and the fans of the Celts that this flawed player and human being is the raw material they have to work with. Tough to make a leader out of an emotionally reactive personality, and incomplete player.

Before the season I labeled this team as deep at the #1, 2, 3, but weak at the #4/5. We need a real talented 5/4 and a role/goon 4/5 to have a real shot. It'll cost the future to get them, but since DA and co. decided to go for broke for this season, no reason to stop now.
    Agreed^

Listen, Rondo is to blame here. He lost his cool, Celtics are getting pushed around and he lost it, own your mistakes in life.

Rondo has a lot of talent but lacks maturity. He has great ability as basketball player but lacks the judgement it takes to be a leader. I can only hope he grows as a man, and gets better in time/ growth.

Example- I went to high school and played football with a guy(named x/ friendship- most would know his name), this guy was drafted first round NFL Draft and became a great NFL Player/ Pro Bowl- MLB. He has a younger brother (named y) that was better than him/ faster/ stronger/ and just better (2y apart).

Player X went to big time college (NCAA All -American), while his brother(Player Y) went to big college (with help..wink) couldn't make it semester. Why, the guy got into fights/ arrested, simple drug poss, drinking tickets, and then kicked out.

Player Y was better, his brother will tell you the same (Player X). His brother lacks maturity and thus, makes back choices.

Uncle Bird Fan, " LIFE IS ABOUT ONE WORD....ONE WORD.....CHOICES! " Everything you do in life is a choice, and one you and only you can make.

Rondo made a bad CHOICE, make sure you make good ones.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Falling down easy to the ground is flopping. Falling down on your tailbone and hitting your head on a photographer is not flopping.

And let me guess Bags, Bird and McHale would have never gone after someone like that if they were in that game, huh?
    Players today have no idea of physical play. I doubt thats more than just a tap in 70's- early 90's.

Come on, I love KG, but he flopped some on that, he did. Rondo shouldn't have reacted the way he did. You just can't.....

In that situation, no!- " Bags Bird Mchale would have never. "
    Last edited by Bird Fan; 11-29-2012 at 10:30 AM.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Supposedly there was already friction between Rondo and Humphries from an earlier play. I haven't seen a replay of it, though. That and the KG shove after the foul just set Rondo off.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Where is Fab Melo? I liked him at Cuse.
    Not ready, can't play NBA yet. Not even close. Doubt you see him any this year. If we do, it's gotten really bad...

LARRY BIRD

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast