Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Supposedly there was already friction between Rondo and Humphries from an earlier play. I haven't seen a replay of it, though. That and the KG shove after the foul just set Rondo off.
    Yeah. Actually CH got in Rondo's face twice within 2-3 minutes of the "push".

From experience retaliation is far easier underneath without the ball in your hands or your guys hands. Rondo isn't in that situation all that often.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 12:05 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Agreed^

Listen, Rondo is to blame here. He lost his cool, Celtics are getting pushed around and he lost it, own your mistakes in life.
    The bolded part is the pertinent part.

Would I have rathered the Celtics did not find themselves being pushed around? Yes.

Would I have rathered someone other than Rondo step up and "say" enough? Yes.

The fact remains, no one else did.

You all seem to think Rondo "lost his cool", I'm not so sure. The kid has an unbelievable basketball IQ and from what I can discern has a fairly high IQ period. Was it calculated? I've been there and done that.

Watch it again. It's a fairly apathetic push all things considered. Don't know what if any verbage accoumpanied the push but am doubtful anything was said or was required. My first thought was Rondo was looking to get a "T" to spark his team and heighten the referees attention to get the game called tighter. Humphries needlessly and pointlessly escalated it.

I don't blame or find fault with Rondo for the push though. Something needed to be done. I just wish the Celtics had a 6"10" 270 lb enforcer so Rondo didn't feel compelled to step up into that role.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 11-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    You all seem to think Rondo "lost his cool", I'm not so sure. The kid has an unbelievable basketball IQ.
    True, but his emotional IQ (when upset) is pathetic.

Humphries needlessly and pointlessly escalated it.
    CH is an agitator much like KG. But you can bet for many of the same reasons you mentioned he wasn't about to be "punked" by anyone, in particular a guy built like Sheldon on "Big Bang".

I don't blame or find fault with Rondo for the push though. Something needed to be done. I just wish the Celtics had a 6"10" 270 lb enforcer so Rondo didn't feel compelled to step up into that role.
    If he played for the other team, I seriously doubt you would cast no blame/fault on Rondo.

Wojnarowski hits the nail on the head:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...165109932.html
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 12:41 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    There you go again bags....smh... I never absolve Rondo of responsibility.

I state that I do not blame him for the push, or in others words, I understand why he did it and would even go so far as to say I "condone" what he did.

I do, in fact, infer that it was likely a premeditated response on Rondo's part to the Celtics getting pushed around.

Does that mean it was an emotional response? Emotion played a role, but I think he had control of his emotions - that he was fully aware of what he was doing. He didn't throw a punch to initiate the melee, did he? He might have miscalculated the response the push would elicit, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing... and I am okay with it. He should have received a "T" for the push and the episode should have ended there.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    There you go again bags....smh... I never absolve Rondo of responsibility.

I state that I do not blame him for the push, or in others words, I understand why he did it and would even go so far as to say I "condone" what he did.

I do, in fact, infer that it was likely a premeditated response on Rondo's part to the Celtics getting pushed around.

Does that mean it was an emotional response? Emotion played a role, but I think he had control of his emotions - that he was fully aware of what he was doing. He didn't throw a punch to initiate the melee, did he? He might have miscalculated the response the push would elicit, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing... and I am okay with it. He should have received a "T" for the push and the episode should have ended there.
    Doc said last night after the game that they are soft. They are, they don't defend, and they don't rebound. In the NBA fighting isn't allowed. Rondo got fouled a few times, and got blocked, then was given an opportunity to "quit" by over reacting.

Where is the grit, toughness, and leadership? That's what Rondo should fire back with. You want to retaliate, beat them within the rules. What if he had a gun on him? It would be OK if he took it out? Sure thing because he wears green, is a saint, and he was coming to the aid of his teammate that flopped after a foul that wasn't even going to draw a T. They have zebras on the floor to take care of those things, we don't need flimsy armed and emotionally frozen in childhood Rondo the vigilante to take action.

The whole organization has been working over time to anoint him the leader, but KG remains as the leader of that team, and no amount of PR poppycock will change the way the players feel about it in the locker room or the floor. I've written at least 4 times in the past month that he seems to be maturing. At least I have gradiations of opinion. But yet again I've been fooled by the child.

The league will have no mercy on him - it's a good damn thing. Maybe the owners and DA will realize that this guy is simply not fit for leadership in a multi-million dollar enterprise, and deal him away like they have tried to do at least 3 times in the past.

BTW, outside of this topic, you've written so great posts lately. Try to apply the same amount of judgment and wisdom to this case, and do listen to all of Doc's post game presser and read Woj's piece.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Geesh.... blow it all out of proportion just like Humphries did. smh.

Your expectation is that Rondo has to be perfect. That's not the definition of leadership. Not by far. Read Rondo's quotes on the situation. He's spot on.

You don't find this post to be inline with other recent posts because of your anti-Rondo bias. Step out of your own shoes for once.

vCash
    Just got done conducting a leadership session wih my team. Bag's comments on "annointing" Rondo the leader of the team and that is just nonsense. It doesn't happen that way. As long as Pierce and Garnett are with the team and especially so as starters, they are the leaders. Period.

And those criticizing Jeff Green.... including Doc saying he is disappointed with his performance... Stop comparing Jeff Green's performance to what it was before he came to the Celtics. He was a starter in OKC.... now he's coming off the bench. You want the production he provided in OKC, then start him in place of Pierce.

For all the additions to this team it is still Pierce and KG that makes them a plodding razor thin margin of error team. The Celtics were supposed to run more. You know, Rondo and all his new toys? Ha! Not happening is it? Green needs to be the starter.

There are simple changes to make with this team to improve it dramaically. Not sure Doc will make them..... Maybe the first change is replacing Doc?

vCash
    Your expectation is that Rondo has to be perfect. That's not the definition of leadership. Not by far. Read Rondo's quotes on the situation. He's spot on.
    No thanks, even a murderer can sound perfectly fine a day later. Rondo reacts in ways a leader does not under stress. You can't designate someone to be a leader. They prove it, or grow into it. Rondo's history is full of backsliding and 3 steps forward followed by 4 steps back.

Is he a 5-10 PG in the NBA. Yes. Will he be the Senior player here when PP and KG are gone? Most likely. Neither thing, nor the wishes, pleas, or designation of "leader" by the owners, FO, Coach, or fans makes him one. He disproves it 2-3-4 times a year.

You don't find this post to be inline with other recent posts because of your anti-Rondo bias. Step out of your own shoes for once.
    Go watch and read the scribes around the NBA, nobody, not even Doc is standing behing Rondo on this one. You are alone with the other Celtic fans that believe none of theirs can ever do wrong. Humphries is the sort of player we need here, and just like the bad boys of the past like Phil Jackson, Rick Mahorn and a bevy of others, they'd all be treated like local heroes if they played here. Unlike Rondo they can dish it out and take it. PG's especially frail ones shouldn't be mixing it up with the big guys. Distribute the ball, play D, and focus on leading. He looked awfully frustrated to me. Real leaders get ahead, they don't get even. Get off of the Johnny Most bandwagon and smell the coffee.

Twice in 2008-2010 and again coming into this year I thought he was actually making progress, only to have him prove that so much of it was a mirage - like his ersatz assist steak.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    And let me guess Bags, Bird and McHale would have never gone after someone like that if they were in that game, huh?
    They might have, but they were leaders and great players on top of it. Rondo is not a leader, nor a great player, nor any sort of physical specimen to be trying to fight.

Go to the locker room, and rabble rouse the team by calling for everyone to not get punked on the floor - through effort and intensity. Not assault.

In the words of Bugs Bunny: Rondo is a maroon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    They might have, but they were leaders and great players on top of it. Rondo is not a leader, nor a great player, nor any sort of physical specimen to be trying to fight.

Go to the locker room, and rabble rouse the team by calling for everyone to not get punked on the floor - through effort and intensity. Not assault.

And that sums it up bags.... in your subjective opinion (bias) Rondo doesn't measure up to YOUR expectations.

You conveniently disregard what his teammates have to say about him. In one breathe you allude to DA / Doc / KG / Pierce annointing him and in the next rip him for being a "flawed" human being. Seriously? You seek to hold Rondo to some sort of higher standard / perfection while ignoring the flaws of others. It's a ridiculous position to take.

vCash
    I think we have a new rival!
    El Presidente

vCash
    And that sums it up bags.... in your subjective opinion (bias) Rondo doesn't measure up to YOUR expectations.
    Who said perfect? How about not childish douche bag? So, you buy the PR campaign, you think he is a leader? A player that other players can trust to lead them to victory?

Words by players are cheap, you think Bass respects him for passing up a bunny to grab another assist? Players admire him for messing with film equipment, yelling at cameramen, bailing on Team USA because he was going to be cut, getting suspended in the playoffs? Tubby Smith, Coach K, Doc, and DA all labeling him as uncoachable. Yeah. Sure.

Nothing like being blind to the obvious.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-29-2012 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

So now he should do something in the locker room? You were the one ragging on him for throwing a water bottle during a team meeting in the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    So now he should do something in the locker room? You were the one ragging on him for throwing a water bottle during a team meeting in the playoffs
    Did you actually read what I wrote? If so, did you actually understand it?

"Go to the locker room, and rabble rouse the team by calling for everyone to not get punked on the floor - through effort and intensity. Not assault."

To make it easier for you, it says rouse/lead the team out of halftime with a plan of not playing soft - using effort and intensity, not assault.

I've actually seen some say that Doc wanted someone to prove we were not soft, and Rondo gave him what he wants. What garbage. Doc wants hard play on every play, not to get ***** slapped by a Division rival in your own home, then in frustration lash out like an out of control infant. EVERY play. Play hard, play physical, compete. Heck I'm all for egging other teams on to make stupid frustrated mistakes like Bird and KG. But don't you get it? They egged US on, and Rondo cracked under the pressure (he was playing like crap too BTW).

Rondo isn't a leader, and he is going to prove it in spades, and by his last day in uniform as a Celt almost none of you will be able to say otherwise. Too bad, really it is. I wish he was a great player (in all ways), not 6/10ths of a great player with High School JV level emotional control, leadership, and D2 shot making filling out the other 4/10th.

vCash
    The bolded part is the pertinent part.

Would I have rathered the Celtics did not find themselves being pushed around? Yes.

Would I have rathered someone other than Rondo step up and "say" enough? Yes.

The fact remains, no one else did.

You all seem to think Rondo "lost his cool", I'm not so sure. The kid has an unbelievable basketball IQ and from what I can discern has a fairly high IQ period. Was it calculated? I've been there and done that.

Watch it again. It's a fairly apathetic push all things considered. Don't know what if any verbage accoumpanied the push but am doubtful anything was said or was required. My first thought was Rondo was looking to get a "T" to spark his team and heighten the referees attention to get the game called tighter. Humphries needlessly and pointlessly escalated it.

Yes, I think his basketball IQ is very good, agreed. But his maturity and problem solving skills are very low. They are two sperate traits completely.

Remember, lessons in life untaught, become lessons unlearned. You just become older but never having ascertained the tools needed. They/ themselfs, form what is called a pattern. They have traits, that follow that pattern. They then become mistakes......over and over again.

Rondo, " Breaks TV in locker room and storms out. "

Rondo, " Having trouble with coaching and being coached. "

Rondo, " Issues with getting along with teammates at times. "

Rondo, " Threw towels in locker room after disagreement. "

I like Rondo....Im not a Rondo hater(for youth), I just think you must own your mistakes, LEARN FROM THEM, so they don't hurt YOU later in life.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast