Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade proposal

vCash

Trade proposal

Not sure if this trade works. Since Jeff Green has not been consistent with his game, I was wondering if we should consider trading him.

Jeff Green + ______ + draft pick for Josh Smith???

vCash
    lol

vCash
    Smh.

vCash
    This was your first post and you decided to introduce yourself with that? For starters, they would never give up a known commodity in Smith for a question mark as big as Jeff Green being the centerpiece of the deal. Second, you'd need to add either Bass, Lee or Terry to make the money work. They'd want a young guy like Sullinger to add depth. You would also need to take back a player they want to get rid of. Something like;

Jeff Green for Josh Smith
    Jason Terry Anthony Tolliver
    Jared Sullinger
    Draft pick(s)

I think it's way too much to give up for a guy who is supremely talented but also tends to be moody and lazy at times. He's a head case. He's just not worth what you'd have to give up to get him.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Jeff Green is good. He's not suppose to be a superstar, but he's incredibly athletic for a bench player. If he was starting he'd have much better numbers, so dont go off of those.

vCash
    The dude just came off heart surgery, give him a break. Jeez
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow101 View Post
    Not sure if this trade works. Since Jeff Green has not been consistent with his game, I was wondering if we should consider trading him.

Jeff Green + ______ + draft pick for Josh Smith???
    Not trying to bash this post but you need to stop and think about this. WHy does Atlanta want to trade Smith to us for Jeff Green. Green is not playing well and does not help them in the future. If Green was a rookie with loads of potential there might be a case to be made but Green is in his 5th year(6th if you count hear surgury missing a year) and he is not a project anymore.

IF we want to get Josh Smith we'd have to include other players like Sullinger or perhaps Avery Bradley and draft picks etc...and even that probably does not get it done.

Again im not opposed to JSmoove but we need to be realistic.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Josh Smith isn't that good anyways. I'd rather not overpay for a player that has such bad habits offensively. We already have KG and Bass as deep mid-range offensive players at the 4/5...We dont need another.

Smith is a great defensive player, and he'd be fun to watch on a fast break, but his shot selection is awful and he's got terrible habits that haven't broken.

Sign him in free agency if you really want him, dont trade away all your assets to get him.

vCash
    OMFG, we need a CENTER!!!!!!!!

Not a PF.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    You can all say this and that, but J-Smoove would be a Bingo for this team. Itīs wrong to compare him to any PF on our roster, nobody has that qualities. He can be an animal, when he wants. Thereīs only KG in this team who can turn himself into that. He can jump on both sides, he can pass, he can shoot, he can block. Donīt you tell me we donīt need such player!
    I really do give a credit to Jeff, but I am now convinced that to trade him for Smith would be a positive thing, because I donīt see him ever playing the level of basketball that Smith does. The thing is just that he alone canīt be enough to get Josh. It would include at least 2 more players, good players.
    Last edited by iadera; 11-27-2012 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Josh Smith isn't that good anyways. I'd rather not overpay for a player that has such bad habits offensively. We already have KG and Bass as deep mid-range offensive players at the 4/5...We dont need another.

Smith is a great defensive player, and he'd be fun to watch on a fast break, but his shot selection is awful and he's got terrible habits that haven't broken.

Sign him in free agency if you really want him, dont trade away all your assets to get him.
    Agreed!^

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    OMFG, we need a CENTER!!!!!!!!

Not a PF.
    I know right, Guy's we need more at #5 spot....

question- Why does everyone like J. Smith AKA J. SMOOTH...just asking why?

Because you watch Sport Center and see him dunk? The guy isn't that good...he's not

I have watched a lot of Hawks games over his career, in most he's awful....He can just disapear...then take awful shots, disrupt flow of the offense, not run sets, miss reads, and he's getting older.

" The guy is top 5 NBA most overrated. J. Smith "- Bird Fan i'll pass, something he never does...

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Count me among those not understanding the bromance with J. Smith.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Count me among those not understanding the bromance with J. Smith.
    I just don't get it? Without hesitation J. Smith name comes up here all the time. I can think of 50+ players I would rather have than than J. SMOOTH.

The guy is the MOST SELFISH player in the NBA (1. J. smith 1A. Melo 1A. J.R. Smith).

But guy's here bring up his name daily, confused. It shows a lack of basketball knowledge when you say lets trade for him, here are the reason why.

1. He cost a lot of money.
    2. He is a " me first guy. "
    3. He takes awfuls shots.
    4. *Not a smart basketball player/ unable to run basic side out plays(NBA Exec scouts have been saying for years= basketball IQ low)
    5. He never passes the ball!
    6. He is getting older and injury history.
    7. He doesn't play hard every night or most of the game...ever( watched 200+ J. Smith games)
    8. He complains a lot, like every play.
    9. Scouts have said, he gives up on plays.

What about ^ this do you like

Please tell me, it sounds to me you like the name J. SMOOTH.

The guy is awful....no....

LARRY BIRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast