Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    maybe if they #FreeTerrenceRoss then maybe they could be but as long as Casey is the ***** *** coach of the Raptors, we are doomed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think I've heard someone say they aren't interested in starting 2 rookies, but I'm not sure if it was the coach, GM or a media person.

While it sounds logical on the surface, it strikes me as simplistic after seeing Ross play with extended time. He doesn't defend like most rookies I've seen.
    very simplistic. i don't get hard and fast rules like that. it doesn't seem logical to play Calderon/Bargnani at the same time either but i guess since there is no rule regarding how many pylons on the floor at once...
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    very simplistic. i don't get hard and fast rules like that. it doesn't seem logical to play Calderon/Bargnani at the same time either but i guess since there is no rule regarding how many pylons on the floor at once...
    Did you see Ross' footwork on defense last night when guarding Harden in the second quarter? I haven't seen a Raptor's wing move laterally like that in years.

vCash
    Did you see Ross' footwork on defense last night when guarding Harden in the second quarter? I haven't seen a Raptor's wing move laterally like that in years.
    I was working my night job yesterday and couldn't watch the game but I got a text from my brother that was to the exact same effect. He was super impressed with both Ross' footwork, as well as a bit of 2-man game he saw between him and Val.
    No matter how bad Ross does, he can't make us lose more than we have been. We have to start looking for solutions somewhere and if it's not going to be a trade or a new coach it has to be with the assets we have sitting on the bench.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I was working my night job yesterday and couldn't watch the game but I got a text from my brother that was to the exact same effect. He was super impressed with both Ross' footwork, as well as a bit of 2-man game he saw between him and Val.
    No matter how bad Ross does, he can't make us lose more than we have been. We have to start looking for solutions somewhere and if it's not going to be a trade or a new coach it has to be with the assets we have sitting on the bench.
    There was one stretch in particular of 3 straight plays where Houston ran isolations for Harden on Ross. First one, Harden couldn't get by Ross with his first step and settled for an off balance contested jumper that he badly missed. Both of the other two isolations he was able to get to the basket but was forced further outside than he'd like because Ross was able to stay right with him and they led to very tough window attempts that were both easily missed. It was nice to see that type of defense for a change.

Valanciunas had a couple great moments in the Spurs game defending Duncan too. (he also had some rookie moments - but I expected that against the HoFamer).

They are both small samples, but for two rookies, it is nice to see that type of promise. Especially when they aren't exactly drawing much inspiration from their teammates (Jose, DeRozan, Bargs).

vCash
    i didn't but hearing you give such high praise has definitely got me interested. i haven't watched as many games recently and the ones i did, i didn't see a whole lot of Ross.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i didn't but hearing you give such high praise has definitely got me interested. i haven't watched as many games recently and the ones i did, i didn't see a whole lot of Ross.
    I've missed some too this year. I've gotten to see plenty of games live (3 so far) at least though. Last night I only watched the first half (thankfully). Ross got plenty of minutes last night (36) and 17 FGA to go with it. The only reason I regret not catching the second half last night is to see more of the things he can do on the court because, like you, I haven't gotten enough opportunity to see him do much this year.

vCash
    No. Not even close.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    honestly right now i don't even want to talk about comparing them to great duos. let's just get to where we can say with certainty that they are 2 solid starters first.

vCash
    I'm surprised Casey has not run any plays for Ross. They did a nice job giving him the ball off screens in the summer league. It would be a nice feature to this struggling Raptor offense.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash

vCash
    lmao at this thread......

vCash
    N + o = no.

vCash
    I actually think they're competing, not complementary.

vCash
    more like CURRENT tmac and vc comparison

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast