Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Demar Derozan + Terrance Ross = Carter / Mcgrady 2.0!?!?

my gosh, ross was throwing down the hammer like vince did and DD was in lightning form to begin the season

if one of them can handle the small forward spot then it's a foolish young tendem moving forward

the way Raptors get blown out game after game is it better to tank for a top 3 pick as valinciunius matures at center

and finally nab a premium power forward or small forward

trade bargs + calderon + amir johnson this off-season (calderon by mid-season or walk as free agent)

let sorry colangelo go as well

then there's a future to Raptors by 2014/15 onwards

vCash
    i thought sonny weems was suppose to be tmac

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    my gosh, ross was throwing down the hammer like vince did and DD was in lightning form to begin the season

if one of them can handle the small forward spot then it's a foolish young tendem moving forward

the way Raptors get blown out game after game is it better to tank for a top 3 pick as valinciunius matures at center

and finally nab a premium power forward or small forward

trade bargs + calderon + amir johnson this off-season (calderon by mid-season or walk as free agent)

let sorry colangelo go as well

then there's a future to Raptors by 2014/15 onwards
    how about NO
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    At best maybe they're the lite version? But wouldn't it be ironic if for some reason we ended up bringing those two in to end their careers here, and DeMar and Terrence happen to benefit from them? (Wishful Thinking I know)

vCash
    Maybe. but Demar will never be VC. You're plan for tanking I agree with, always said it would work but BC is more focused on his job
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    I'm not sure we know what we will get with Terrence Ross yet, but early returns are encouraging even if they aren't overwhelming. McGrady didn't light the league on fire in his first season either, but he was drafted out of high school and entered the league 2 years younger than Ross did. I like Ross, but I don't think his handles are near good enough to throw out a McGrady comparison.

DeRozan is no where near Vince Carter's level. The only comparible is athleticism and position. They are worlds apart. DeRozan has been in the league for 4 years now? At that point in Carter's career he was already a Top 10-15 player (maybe better) in the league.

These comparisons are major reaches.

vCash
    It would be the dream.
    Frankly I'd settle for above-average at best on the wing. We could actually have a really athletic back/mid-court with Lowry/Ross/DD.
    I'm all for giving it a go, because it's not like we're doing anything else with our vets.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    no.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    No those 2 are not the next T-Mac and VC...but that combo didn't wok anyway so maybe that is a good thing. Neither one's head will balloon and say they need to be "the man".

Just look at VC and TMac's numbers when they were 23, and tell me if you think Derozan is on that kind of level. He is a good player, bot those 2 were both superstars.

vCash
    i dont think they want Ross starting. imo it will take an injury to get him in there, and even then they may just have him come off the bench but have most of the minutes. starting is just not the role they see him in. at least not yet.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    i dont think they want Ross starting. imo it will take an injury to get him in there, and even then they may just have him come off the bench but have most of the minutes. starting is just not the role they see him in. at least not yet.
    i'd love to hear the justification for that given our current situation
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'd love to hear the justification for that given our current situation
    I think I've heard someone say they aren't interested in starting 2 rookies, but I'm not sure if it was the coach, GM or a media person.

While it sounds logical on the surface, it strikes me as simplistic after seeing Ross play with extended time. He doesn't defend like most rookies I've seen.

vCash
    way too early to make these kinds of comparisons. Let's see some consistency from Ross before we try doing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We aren't good enough to define roles yet. We have to roll with the hot hand and see what works and who doesn't.

we're 3-12, id rather give the rookie & Ed some minutes because they are the possible future than give minutes to Bargs or Calderon.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast