Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Does kobe embellish his "flu" each time he goes through this act

I'm as big a kobe fan as the next and I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this observation, but "Flu-Kobe" makes me cringe. He has 2 or 3 "flu games" a year, tonight was one of them.

I feel like he overdoes it, makes sure that the world sees him constantly sneezing, coughing, and looking overly sick, especially when the camera pans in on him. If he ends up having a good game, its "OMG even with the flu the guy is a warrior", if he has a bad game "Oh well, he had the flu, at least he showed up guys!!". When the cameras cut to him laying on the floor on the bench during the game, towels on his head, pretending to be in his death bed.... lol. Not saying he isnt sick, I'm sure he feels sick, but I'm also sure he embellishes the symptoms even more.

Since he's Kobe and a top 10 all-time player, I'll let him get away with it. But it still makes me chuckle. Everytime I hear that he has "flu like symptoms" I immediately imagine him being that 12 year old kid who came home from school early, feeling sick, overly embellishing his symptoms, just to make people cradle him more. Just now in the post-game locker room interview, he had to clear his throat super dramatically ever 1.4 seconds and look super super sick...

Maybe this has something to do with his werid jersey biting he started this year. Or the black rip hamilton mask from last year. Or the stupid kobe grin face he started doing 2 seasons ago, just not becoming of you kobe. lol
    Last edited by 310Casper; 11-28-2012 at 02:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    I'm as big a kobe fan as the next and I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this observation, but "Flu-Kobe" makes me cringe. He has 2 or 3 "flu games" a year, tonight was one of them.

I feel like he overdoes it, makes sure that the world sees him constantly sneezing, coughing, and looking overly sick, especially when the camera pans in on him. If he ends up having a good game, its "OMG even with the flu the guy is a warrior", if he has a bad game "Oh well, he had the flu, at least he showed up guys!!". When the cameras cut to him laying on the floor on the bench during the game, towels on his head, pretending to be in his death bed.... lol. Not saying he isnt sick, I'm sure he feels sick, but I'm also sure he embellishes the symptoms even more.

Since he's Kobe and a top 10 all-time player, I'll let him get away with it. But it still makes me chuckle. Everytime I hear that he has "flu like symptoms" I immediately imagine him being that 12 year old kid who came home from school early, feeling sick, overly embellishing his symptoms, just to make people cradle him more. Just now in the post-game locker room interview, he had to clear his throat super dramatically ever 1.4 seconds and look super super sick...

Maybe this has something to do with his werid jersey biting he started this year. Or the black rip hamilton mask from last year. Or the stupid kobe grin face he started doing 2 seasons ago, just not becoming of you kobe. lol
    or he's just...sick?
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    GTFO with this bull question. guy looked mad sick when he almost got the 3 point play

vCash
    Yes.

He wants to be like mike.

And mike invented the concept.

vCash
    Kobe is a diva so it wouldn't surprise me but it is impossible to say if he was faking it or not.
    No real point in speculating I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew32 View Post
    kobe is a diva so it wouldn't surprise me but it is impossible to say if he was faking it or not.
    No real point in speculating i guess.
    Shaq is the GREATEST ****ING person ever forever and ever!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    GTFO with this bull question. guy looked mad sick when he almost got the 3 point play
    But Kobe is pursuing an acting career remember?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Shaq is the GREATEST ****ING person ever forever and ever!!!

vCash
    u know Kobe jockin' Mike for like 4 ever right. no biggy

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid & it influences their game & work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated." - Michael Jordan

"Without honor winning holds no value. When one lacks true virtues, victory becomes empty & the unethical triumphs." - B. Modigliani

#LoyaltyOverRoyalty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    But Kobe is pursuing an acting career remember?
    Indeed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ballbomber View Post
    u know Kobe jockin' Mike for like 4 ever right. no biggy

vCash
    I just think he was sick.

vCash
    I think some of u have nothing better to talk about. What would be the reason for him to fake being sick? In a regular season game. What, to get more attention? To cement his career legacy? CMOM MAN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan In NY View Post
    I think some of u have nothing better to talk about. What would be the reason for him to fake being sick? In a regular season game. What, to get more attention? To cement his career legacy? CMOM MAN!!!
    This
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Come on casper kobe has been biting his jersey for years now. I do see where you're coming from though. We will get a couple more "flu like games" definintley one in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast