Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

East Carolina and Tulane to the Big East with more changes coming

I'm sure some of you guys have heard that Tulane and East Carolina are leaving C-USA to join the Big East in 2014. Tulane in all sports and East Carolina in football.

They should just rename the conference the Big C-USA and strip their AQ status.

But there are more moves coming as the Big 10 and ACC are looking to add more teams and Conference USA is looking to find replacements as well.

These are all rumors so grain of salt

Louisville - Interested in ACC and Big 12
    Cincinnati - Interested in ACC and Big 10
    Connecticut - Interested in ACC

vCash
    Apparently ACC officials met tonight on who they want to pick out of Louisville, Connecticut and wait for it.....Navy. Out of those three I'd see Louisville going in.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 11-27-2012 at 11:40 PM.

vCash
    The only academic fit for the ACC IMO would be Connecticut. And they would form a basketball super conference when Pitt and Syracuse join.
    Last edited by keymax; 11-28-2012 at 06:14 AM.

vCash
    So Louisville it is...

vCash
    as a uconn fan (yes, i'm a uconn fan... grew up in CT and my grandparents are alum. obviously the gators are my alma mater and my favorite team, but my childhood was spent in storrs seeing ray allen and donyell marshall tear it up on the court. /autobiography), i REALLY want to see them get out of the crumbling big east and get to the ACC.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    real pwoerhouses joing the big east!

serisously, take their AQ status away right now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Does the Big East have a tv deal anymore? I know they turned down a huge deal years ago that basically started the domino effect but do they have anything besides the AQ to attract teams?

vCash
    I mean seriously the Big East has took on teams in Memphis and Tulane that have struggled to win 3-4 games in Conference USA. They don't deserve the automatic bid anymore.

The Sun Belt is also now pretty much a new conference as they have been raided by Conference USA.

The next 2 years Conference USA will be adding North Texas, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee, LA Tech, Charlotte, Texas-San Antonio and Old Dominion.

vCash
    Clay Travis said today on the radio that last year the ACC said they wouldn't consider West Virginia because of their academics. And then they turn around and add Louisville which ranks 160th in the country and considerably behind West Virginia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Clay Travis said today on the radio that last year the ACC said they wouldn't consider West Virginia because of their academics. And then they turn around and add Louisville which ranks 160th in the country and considerably behind West Virginia.
    Times, they are a changing.

As a fan of an ACC program, I'll take Louisville + $50 million over Maryland any day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Times, they are a changing.

As a fan of an ACC program, I'll take Louisville + $50 million over Maryland any day.
    But who would you rather have Louisville or West Virginia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    But who would you rather have Louisville or West Virginia?
    Probably WVU, but not by much. I would rather have both, though.

vCash
    Didn't a Big East official say that by adding Tulane there were getting a foot into New Orleans? Hilarious

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Didn't a Big East official say that by adding Tulane there were getting a foot into New Orleans? Hilarious
    LOL The Big East gained some things by adding Tulane

(1) The other teams all should now have one more win per season.

(2) They have a team that they know isn't even remotely gonna jump to another conference.

vCash
    You gotta love the enthusiasm but wow these are some outrageous comments by the commish of the Sun Belt.

“While I am disappointed that Middle Tennessee State University and Florida Atlantic University have elected to depart the Sun Belt Conference, the SBC is still very well positioned for the future and I remain very optimistic that the momentum that has been created in the past six months will continue to grow. The continuing 10 members of the SBC are committed to excellence and I am confident that the SBC will take advantage of these latest changes in the landscape. As I have stated many times in the past six months, the SBC will be a major player in the future, especially within its geographic footprint.

As for future members, there are several outstanding universities that have indicated interest in joining the SBC. While we have conducted research on these universities in the past six months, we will now focus on identifying the ones that will be the best “fit” for the conference and the ones that will contribute immediately in achieving our goal of being the best of the FBS conferences that currently do not receive automatic qualification into the BCS.

The future is still very BRIGHT for the SBC and I look forward to working with the leadership of the SBC in the coming days, weeks and months to continue the growth and development of this outstanding athletic conference.”
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...of-conference/

Okay so this is how the Sun Belt is shaping up

Troy
    Western Kentucky
    Arkansas State
    Louisiana-Lafayette
    Louisiana-Monroe
    South Alabama
    Arkansas-Little Rock
    Texas State
    Georgia State

They are in talks to add

Idaho (Why? The rest of the teams are in the Southeastern US)
    New Mexico State
    Georgia Southern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast