Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Favorite Indie Bands At The Moment

I'm a big fan of indie music and wanted to see if anyone around here was into it as well. My favorites have to contain: MGMT, Foster the People, Passion Pit, The Lumineers, Death Cab For Cutie, Of Monsters and Men, Noah and the Whale, and currently just started listening to The Naked and Famous.

I know a lot of people here probably are not into this music but we all have our differen't taste. Most of the bands I've mentioned above are obviously already pretty big. Anyone you guys like and indie bands I could check into?

vCash

ewing

If you want to pick this stuff up you're better off walking around in skinny jeans with a can of PBR and pretending you have opinions about the different translations of Dostoyevsky.

vCash
    MGMT, Foster the People,
    Can you honestly consider those guys "indie" ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Can you honestly consider those guys "indie" ?
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you want to pick this stuff up you're better off walking around in skinny jeans with a can of PBR and pretending you have opinions about the different translations of Dostoyevsky.
    So a genre has a style, or in a way a culture/lifestyle behind it, so you mock it?

Talk about ignorance. If anything, if a genre get's to the point
    where it does have that kind of following it's a great thing for music.

Look at Hip-Hop in the 80's and 90's, not comparing the two. Obviously
    one was much more influential to music historically than the other.

But if you call yourself a music fan, you should embrace moments like
    this while they come. Instead this generation being a bunch of squares
    that listen to the radio and the lack of expression we get from our pop
    artists in todays music, we actually have something of our own. (in a way)

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    So a genre has a style, or in a way a culture/lifestyle behind it, so you mock it?

Talk about ignorance. If anything, if a genre get's to the point
    where it does have that kind of following it's a great thing for music.

Look at Hip-Hop in the 80's and 90's, not comparing the two. Obviously
    one was much more influential to music historically than the other.

But if you call yourself a music fan, you should embrace moments like
    this while they come. Instead this generation being a bunch of squares
    that listen to the radio and the lack of expression we get from our pop
    artists in todays music, we actually have something of our own. (in a way)

What? I don't mock it b/c it has a culture, i mock its culture. I'm supposed to like something just b/c its has a scene? Sorry but that's ********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post
    I'm a big fan of indie music and wanted to see if anyone around here was into it as well. My favorites have to contain: MGMT, Foster the People, Passion Pit, The Lumineers, Death Cab For Cutie, Of Monsters and Men, Noah and the Whale, and currently just started listening to The Naked and Famous.

I know a lot of people here probably are not into this music but we all have our differen't taste. Most of the bands I've mentioned above are obviously already pretty big. Anyone you guys like and indie bands I could check into?
    All good bands you listed. I've been listening to those in addition to The Black Keys, The Kooks, The Wombats, The Strokes, The White Stripes, STRFKR, Metric, and Angus and Julia Stone.

vCash
    I don't like any of these bands but I like a lot of Jade Tree and Saddle Creek bands from the 90s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't like any of these bands but I like a lot of Jade Tree and Saddle Creek bands from the 90s.
    Was gonna say Cursive. Love that band.

I really don't know what indie music is at this point. Hipster music? Hipsters are the spawn of elitist emo kids but with even worse taste in music.

If Brand New is considered indie, count them in. Although they might have been around for too long to keep the label.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post

I consider a lot of those more as alternative than indie, but it's just a label anyway. Some others: Civil Twilight, Metric, The xx, Young the Giant, Atlas Genius
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

Favorite Indie Bands At The Moment

The Narrative
    Absolutely amazing
    Check out a few different songs. You won't regret it.

Also, Imagine Dragons

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Here's a mix of some stuff I like, some older than others

The Lighthouse and The Whaler
    Y LUV
    Geographer
    Blind Pilot
    JJAMZ
    The Drums
    Dirty Gold
    S O H N

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post

I really don't know what indie music is at this point. Hipster music? Hipsters are the spawn of elitist emo kids but with even worse taste in music.

If Brand New is considered indie, count them in. Although they might have been around for too long to keep the label.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Mount Eerie is really dope to me. Also Fleet Foxes and King Krule.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post

They are grand children of sonic youth and i am old

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast