Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 263

Thread: SEC Overrated?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    well if we're just going to keep deflecting each other's statements, care to elaborate on the totality of one's schedule vs. a handful of OOC games?

    but, yes, i CAN answer that... 2007 BCS title game in glendale (across the country from g'ville). 41-14 over OSU. overwhelming number of OSU fans to UF fans there.

    oh wait... i forgot to add one of these
    So the answer is no, you are unable to remember a time when Florida actually scheduled a non-conference game in another state. Thanks for clearing that up!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,329
    vCash
    1500
    i will not pay the troll toll, frank...

    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Troll_Toll.jpg
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    every year they say the sec isnt as good as the year prior, but every year sec dominates. the southeastern part of the us has the best football talent in the us.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I will state this again. Florida had a tougher schedule than Oregon; thus, Florida gets ranked higher than Florida. Georgia beat Florida; therefore, Georgia get ranked higher than Florida and Oregon. It really is simple.
    Let's try this, you have 5 one loss teams, now rank them.

    Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, and Kansas State.
    I didn't mention Florida anywhere in my post, I DID mention Georgia.

    BTW, did you know Kansas State cancelled a game with Oregon which is why they ended up playing Tennessee Tech on short notice?

    Florida State had the same thing happen to them when West Virginia cancelled when they switched conferences, but it hurt FSU more because they already had one FCS team scheduled.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i will not pay the troll toll, frank...

    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Troll_Toll.jpg
    That is an admission of defeat, records don't go that far back? lmao

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,329
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    That is an admission of defeat, records don't go that far back? lmao
    care to discuss the merits of 1-2 games vs. the entirety of one's schedule, or are you just going to roll over and concede that point?

    or are you just going to continue to troll the **** out of this thread? at least pinstripe is making a somewhat reasonable argument, even though i believe he's misguided by his anger towards a vocal minority rather than the sane majority.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,728
    vCash
    1500
    Instead of arguing over Georgia's placement, I think I will argue that Georgia is not placed high enough. Florida had the strongest schedule of any other one loss team; therefore, they should be ranked #2 and Oregon should be ranked #3 becaue they barely lost to Stanford and it was an OT loss, and Bama should be ranked #4. Wait, Georgia beat Florida, so they have to jump Florida and since Florida is a stronger ranked opponent than Oregon, they end up jumping them too. So now we have Georgia at #2, Florida at #3, Oregon at #4, and Bama at #5. Now Georgia and Bama will be playing in the SEC Championship game, so if Georgia wins they stay at #2, but if Bama wins then they jump Florida who was beat by Georgia and jump Oregon because Oregon was ranked below Florida. Yea buddy. It looks like no matter how much you try to jumble the numbers around, either Georgia, or Bama will be playing for the NC with Florida and Oregon peeking in. What can I say? I tried to help some of you push Georgia, or Alabama out of the NC Championship game...right?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    And they are ranked #5 in the nation, so why aren't you harping on that. You keep saying the same thing over and over in post after post and there is absolutely no logic to what you are saying.
    becuas ethey aren't competeing for a national title. i very much was harping on that when they were undefeated
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    care to discuss the merits of 1-2 games vs. the entirety of one's schedule, or are you just going to roll over and concede that point?

    or are you just going to continue to troll the **** out of this thread? at least pinstripe is making a somewhat reasonable argument, even though i believe he's misguided by his anger towards a vocal minority rather than the sane majority.
    If you're able to even answer my simple question, we can move forward. When and who was the last time Florida scheduled a non-conference game outside of Florida?

    The question is very relevant because other schools have to play in a variety of weather conditions that never happen in Florida. A great example was our game at Iowa on Black Friday, the temperature was right at freezing but the wind chill in the single digits to below zero with that persistent 26 mph wind and occasional gusts well over 50mph. The weather literally acts like an extra defender in a game like that, unless you've experienced that weather you simply have no idea what it's really like.

    Or you can continue talking in the same circle about how great your schedule is, though the first post in the thread points out how little the SEC actually does to prove how great they are.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,329
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    If you're able to even answer my simple question, we can move forward. When and who was the last time Florida scheduled a non-conference game outside of Florida?

    The question is very relevant because other schools have to play in a variety of weather conditions that never happen in Florida. A great example was our game at Iowa on Black Friday, the temperature was right at freezing but the wind chill in the single digits to below zero with that persistent 26 mph wind and occasional gusts well over 50mph. The weather literally acts like an extra defender in a game like that, unless you've experienced that weather you simply have no idea what it's really like.

    Or you can continue talking in the same circle about how great your schedule is, though the first post in the thread points out how little the SEC actually does to prove how great they are.
    this is not some "you go, then i go" debate. if you are unwilling or unable to answer my question, why should i afford you the same benefit? if you don't like that, i don't care. if you think that's a concession to your point and that you've won some mythical prize, i also don't care. your antagonistic style has been the same for years. i have stated my point. you have stated yours. i suppose that's the end of that.

    btw... i was at a game in the swamp where it was cancelled mid-game due to hurricane conditions. so, yeah, i've experienced weather that greatly impacts the game. or did you forget that hurricane season in FL occurs right in the middle of football season?

    now please feel free to have the last word. i don't care about that either.
    Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 11-28-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,728
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    If you're able to even answer my simple question, we can move forward. When and who was the last time Florida scheduled a non-conference game outside of Florida?

    The question is very relevant because other schools have to play in a variety of weather conditions that never happen in Florida. A great example was our game at Iowa on Black Friday, the temperature was right at freezing but the wind chill in the single digits to below zero with that persistent 26 mph wind and occasional gusts well over 50mph. The weather literally acts like an extra defender in a game like that, unless you've experienced that weather you simply have no idea what it's really like.

    Or you can continue talking in the same circle about how great your schedule is, though the first post in the thread points out how little the SEC actually does to prove how great they are.
    One could make a similar type of argument using the heat in the south. Really. It just seems like people are reaching for straws to try to prove a point that is virtually nonexistent.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    One could make a similar type of argument using the heat in the south. Really. It just seems like people are reaching for straws to try to prove a point that is virtually nonexistent.
    I think we can all agree that the south offers much nicer conditions to play football in than having to go to Penn State in a snowstorm for example


    I'm not arguing either way, but honestly I'm disappointed how few quality OOC games the top conferences schedule. I'm not interested in seeing Florida demolish FAU. I would love however to see Alabama play Ohio State or Oregon playing Clemson more often. Would be great entertainment but unfortunately will never happen.

    Heck, it would be a great start if all conferences would play a round robin like the Big XII instead of playing the Savannah States of the world.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    BCS and regular bowl matchups are just as relevant. Bama went across the country to beat Texas in the national championship (and Texas did the same thing to beat Michigan and USC in Pasadena). UF went to Arizona to beat the Buckeyes, and Auburn did the same to beat Oregon for the crystal football. The only team who really plays in their own backyard is LSU, but they travel to play other teams all the time. Should the suits start moving the title games to Lambeau Field or something?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    One could make a similar type of argument using the heat in the south. Really. It just seems like people are reaching for straws to try to prove a point that is virtually nonexistent.
    The heat in the south does make an impact, but only when one of the teams playing isn't used to it. Ever notice how every year at the Orange Bowl you always see the northern team's players cramping up? Guess what, that is a home field advantage regardless of the crowd.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    BCS and regular bowl matchups are just as relevant. Bama went across the country to beat Texas in the national championship (and Texas did the same thing to beat Michigan and USC in Pasadena). UF went to Arizona to beat the Buckeyes, and Auburn did the same to beat Oregon for the crystal football. The only team who really plays in their own backyard is LSU, but they travel to play other teams all the time. Should the suits start moving the title games to Lambeau Field or something?
    Auburn....did they get to keep their trophy after they were caught cheating? Scam Newton, the gift that keeps on giving!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •