Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Overrated?

vCash
    ***plays dramatic conspiracy theory music***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    The reason why they have 6 teams with only 2 losses is because they somehow mostly avoided playing each other even though they are all in the same conference.
    which also probally means the other 8 temas are abysmal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The reason why they have 6 teams with only 2 losses is because they somehow mostly avoided playing each other even though they are all in the same conference.
    Florida played Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, and South Carolina (4/5)
    LSU played Texas A&M, Alabama, South Carolina, and Florida (4/5)
    Texas A&M played LSU, Alabama, and Florida (3/5)
    Georgia played Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama (3/5)
    Alabama played LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia (3/5)
    South Carolina played LSU, Florida and Georgia (3/5)

All of them played at least 60% of the other 2 loss teams in the SEC and 2 of them played 80%...

Keep in mind 3 of those teams also managed to play high quality non-conf. opponents (Ala-Mich./Florida-Fl. St./USC-Clemson).

It'd be possible to schedule more games between those teams, but even if they did, they'd still probably have 4 teams with less than 2 losses, which would still be double any other conference. They were undoubtedly the best conference at the top this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    which also probally means the other 8 temas are abysmal
    Mississippi State and Vanderbilt both went 8-4. That is 8 out of 14 teams above 8 wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-s.../view?id=33832
    CBS Sports’ coverage of the SEC ON CBS was highlighted by three of the top five highest-rated and most-watched college football telecasts of the 2012 season:

#1: # 2-ranked Alabama beating # 3-ranked Georgia (9.8/20; 16.2 million viewers; 12/1/12)

#3: # 1-ranked Alabama beating # 5-ranked LSU (6.8/12; 11.4 million viewers; 11/3/12)

#4: # 15-ranked Texas A&M beating #1-ranked Alabama (6.1/13; 9.6 million viewers; 11/10/12).

# # #

CBS Sports’ national coverage of the SEC Championship game on Saturday, Dec. 1 (4:00-8:00 PM, ET), which saw Alabama defeat Georgia, 32-28, delivered a 9.8/20 preliminary national average household rating/share, up 34% from last year (7.3/15; LSU-Georgia).

The 9.8/20 for Alabama-Georgia is the highest rating for a college football game during the 2012 regular season (Notre Dame at USC – 9.4/16; 11/24/12; ABC).

The 2012 SEC Championship averaged 16.2 million viewers, also making it the most-watched college football game of the 2012 regular season (Notre Dame at USC; 16.1 million; 11/24/12; ABC).

The Alabama-Georgia game rating peaked at 12.6/23 and 21.8 million viewers from 7:30-8:00 PM, ET.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    What might the BCS bowls look like without AQ bids or conference rules?

Alabama vs Notre Dame
    Florida vs Oregon
    Georgia vs Kansas State
    LSU vs Stanford
    Texas A&M vs Oklahoma

Or SEC vs The World because they have 6 of the top 10 teams in the country. No other conference has ever had more than 3....
    All I wanted for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I disagree. While Texas A&M could beat all of Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, and West Virginia they would've lost at least 1 just through the grind. 8/10 Big 12 teams had winning records...
    The only two teams to beat Texas A&M this year did so because their defenses had the horses to clamp down on Manziel. I don't think any of those teams do.

This is all what-ifs and opinions, but A&M beats all of those teams except K-State IMO. And even that one is a toss-up.

With the exception of Georgia and Alabama, who eventually played each other in the SECCG, there were a lot of interdivisonal games between the top ten SEC teams this year. I'm not sure where that post was drawn from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    The SEC has dominated for so long and caused some people to become extremely frustrated. lol

People are saying the SEC is "top heavy"...what conference ISN'T top heavy? You expect every team to be solid?

The ACC has Florida St and Clemson

Big 12 has Kansas St, Oklahoma, and Texas

Big East...lol

Big 10 has Nebraska and Ohio St

Pac 12 has Stanford, Oregon, UCLA

SEC has Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and now Texas A&M

EVERY conference has ****** bottom feeders
    So like, 6 of 12 teams in the SEC are dominant and you at best named 3 respectable teams in the rest of those conferences.

And EL OH ****ING EL if you think even 2 of those teams from those other conferences you named even equal SEC#6. Literally not one of them scares me.

I'd rather play a schedule of:
    Oregon
    Kansas St.
    Oklahoma
    OSU
    FSU
    Stanford

Than:
    Bama
    UGA
    LSU
    SC
    A&M
    UF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    So like, 6 of 12 teams in the SEC are dominant and you at best named 3 respectable teams in the rest of those conferences.

And EL OH ****ING EL if you think even 2 of those teams from those other conferences you named even equal SEC#6. Literally not one of them scares me.

Oregon
    Kansas St.
    Oklahoma
    OSU
    FSU
    Stanford

Than:
    Bama
    UGA
    LSU
    SC
    A&M
    UF
    I would say you don't know much about football. Keep watching the ESPN talking heads, people like you keep Las Vegas wealthy!

vCash

Oregon
    Kansas St.
    Oklahoma
    OSU
    FSU
    Stanford

Than:
    Bama
    UGA
    LSU
    SC
    A&M
    UF
    But they rarely have to play anything close to that schedule. The toughest schedule out of those teams was Florida's because their crossover games happened to be LSU and A&M but they also schedule FSU every year. The most any of the other teams played was 3 of the top 6. Nobody played all 5 of the powerhouse counterparts.

vCash

Oregon
    Kansas St.
    Oklahoma
    OSU
    FSU
    Stanford

Than:
    Bama
    UGA
    LSU
    SC
    A&M
    UF
    If anything Texas A&M shows how ridiculous this notion is. Texas A&M has been in the SEC for 1 year. All their players were recruited as a member of the Big 12.

They were essentially a Big 12 team playing an SEC schedule this year and they happened to beat the SECs best (Bama) and came very close to beating the other 2.

Texas A&M has proved the SEC isn't as superior as you SECheads make them out to be.
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    If anything Texas A&M shows how ridiculous this notion is. Texas A&M has been in the SEC for 1 year. All their players were recruited as a member of the Big 12.

They were essentially a Big 12 team playing an SEC schedule this year and they happened to beat the SECs best (Bama) and came very close to beating the other 2.

Texas A&M has proved the SEC isn't as superior as you SECheads make them out to be.
    Not to mention A&M was far from a powerhouse in the Big 12 the last 5 years. I think they only had one season (2010) above .500 in the conference. Manziel is a great player but hey this the SEC we're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Not to mention A&M was far from a powerhouse in the Big 12 the last 5 years. I think they only had one season (2010) above .500 in the conference. Manziel is a great player but hey this the SEC we're talking about.
    Another thing I think that really has helped the SEC's perception is the fact that they have 3 annual rivalry games with the ACC at the end of the year and the fact that outside of the National Championship game they seem to get very favorable matchups due to their bowl tie-ins.

Outside of the last few seasons Florida State and Clemson were both very underachieving programs and Florida and South Carolina were having their best runs probably ever during that time.

Also, look at this years bowl matchups:

#8 LSU vs #14 Clemson
    #10 South Carolina vs #18 Michigan
    #7 Georgia vs #16 Nebraska
    #3 Florida vs #21 Louisville
    #9 Texas A&M vs #11 Oklahoma

Every single SEC team is favored, and the majority of those games are against the Big Ten who people have been below expectations for a few years now, and the ACC.

What I want to see are more games between the SEC and the Big 12 and Pac12, the other 2 acknowledged strongest conferences.
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    What I want to see are more games between the SEC and the Big 12 and Pac12, the other 2 acknowledged strongest conferences.
    So do we. You think Florida fans are happy about playing Louisville? We went from having an outside shot at Oregon, to probably playing Oklahoma, to playing damn Louisville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    So do we. You think Florida fans are happy about playing Louisville? We went from having an outside shot at Oregon, to probably playing Oklahoma, to playing damn Louisville.
    I know it's not your fault, it just sucks as a fan.
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    And they are still far from being a powerhouse. Without Manziel, the Heisman winner, they would have probably had 5 losses. They are an average team that happened to end up with an outstanding player capable of carrying his team. They got lucky with the win against Bama which shot them and Manziel into the media conversation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    who cares? they didnt make the title game, so its not like their bowl game means anything. let Florida destory louisville, rack up the BCS money and call it a day
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast