Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Overrated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218
    Auburn....did they get to keep their trophy after they were caught cheating? Scam Newton, the gift that keeps on giving!
    Yes they did, but you're directing that at the wrong person because I couldn't care less about Auburn.

Besides, are you Big Ten fans sure you want to crack jokes about probation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    The heat in the south does make an impact, but only when one of the teams playing isn't used to it. Ever notice how every year at the Orange Bowl you always see the northern team's players cramping up? Guess what, that is a home field advantage regardless of the crowd.
    the OB is played at night... in january... when it's usually 65-75 degrees out

if northern teams cramp up from playing in non-humid nighttime weather, that's on them.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Man, complaining about the heat now? Cramps? WTF?

Sugar Bowl - dome
    Fiesta - dome
    Orange - it's Miami in the winter.
    Rose - it's beautiful Pasadena in the winter.

Iowa Hawkeyes fans came in droves to see their team play in the Orange Bowl a few years ago, and I don't recall them or their team whining about anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Man, complaining about the heat now? Cramps? WTF?

Sugar Bowl - dome
    Fiesta - dome
    Orange - it's Miami in the winter.
    Rose - it's beautiful Pasadena in the winter.

Iowa Hawkeyes fans came in droves to see their team play in the Orange Bowl a few years ago, and I don't recall them or their team whining about anything.
    i go to the OB every year (one of the perks of formerly being in sports media... and still having friends in the business), and it's almost always perfect weather. not hot at all, not too chilly (maybe a little for us south floridians, but you know what i mean). really, it's just amazing weather this time of year.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    the OB is played at night... in january... when it's usually 65-75 degrees out

if northern teams cramp up from playing in non-humid nighttime weather, that's on them.
    You have no concept of what the difference is to go from playing in 30-50 degree weather and dew points in the 20s or lower to playing in mid 70s with dew points in the mid 60s to low 70s, there is no way to describe that difference until you experience yourself. I lived in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years and don't think our dew points ever topped 50 degrees even in mid-summer, no way Oregon ever plays in it.

Similarly, it would be equally difficult for a team from that warm moist climate to go play a game in November or December in Michigan or Nebraska or Oregon with temps in the mid 30s and rain or snow/sleet mixed in with a wind blowing 10-20 mph.

There are 10 bowl tie ins for the SEC and all 10 of them are literally home games within SEC states.

vCash
    You have no concept of what the difference is to go from playing in 30-50 degree weather and dew points in the 20s or lower to playing in mid 70s with dew points in the mid 60s to low 70s, there is no way to describe that difference until you experience yourself. I lived in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years and don't think our dew points ever topped 50 degrees even in mid-summer, no way Oregon ever plays in it.

Similarly, it would be equally difficult for a team from that warm moist climate to go play a game in November or December in Michigan or Nebraska or Oregon with temps in the mid 30s and rain or snow/sleet mixed in with a wind blowing 10-20 mph.

There are 10 bowl tie ins for the SEC and all 10 of them are literally home games within SEC states.
    i was born and raised in the northeast (NY, CT and NJ)... i think i know a little about cold weather this time of year.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    People can say what they want about the SEC, but if the BCS didn't have tie-ins to the bowls, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina would ALL be in a BCS bowl. It is a crying shame that 4/6th of those teams are going to be left out
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Focus on the big games because none of us cares about the smaller insignificant bowls. The weather is controlled in domes. Georgia Dome, Superdome, Jerry World, the Toaster in Glendale -- everything is equal, no excuses. The rest are in areas with near perfect weather. Did Michigan or VT fans complain about being in New Orleans? Did West Va whine about going to Miami when they dropped a cool 70 points on Clemson? What kind of person complains about a trip to Miami, New Orleans, or southern California?
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-28-2012 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i was born and raised in the northeast (NY, CT and NJ)... i think i know a little about cold weather this time of year.
    Did you ever play sports?

vCash
    Did you ever play sports?
    yes... as much as you troll

which is to say, a lot...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Focus on the big games because none of us cares about the smaller insignificant bowls. The weather is controlled in domes. Georgia Dome, Superdome, Jerry World, the Toaster in Glendale -- everything is equal, no excuses. The rest are in areas with near perfect weather. Did Michigan or VT fans complain about being in New Orleans? Did West Va whine about going to Miami when they dropped a cool 70 points on Clemson? What kind of person complains about a trip to Miami, New Orleans, or southern California?
    Actually yes, many have complained but the ones that can afford it go. Since we can play in domes, let's start moving that BCS Title game around to some northern cities with domed stadiums...say Indianapolis for example, or St Louis, or Detroit, or Minneapolis, etc.

vCash
    Actually yes, many have complained but the ones that can afford it go. Since we can play in domes, let's start moving that BCS Title game around to some northern cities with domed stadiums...say Indianapolis for example, or St Louis, or Detroit, or Minneapolis, etc.
    You realize those games are in places like Miami, New Orleans, California because for social reasons, right? Much like the NFL with Super Bowls, they want it in warm cities where people will actually want to go and spend money and have fun. What happened when the NFL last put the SB in Detroit? I'm not trying to offend those Northern cities because I have family up there, but.... nvm, just remember these bowl games are about money and sexiness of the matchups. And almost no one will turn down a trip to Miami or these other Southern cities, especially in the dead of winter.

vCash
    You realize those games are in places like Miami, New Orleans, California because for social reasons, right? Much like the NFL with Super Bowls, they want it in warm cities where people will actually want to go and spend money and have fun. What happened when the NFL last put the SB in Detroit? I'm not trying to offend those Northern cities because I have family up there, but.... nvm, just remember these bowl games are about money and sexiness of the matchups. And almost no one will turn down a trip to Miami or these other Southern cities, especially in the dead of winter.
    The BCS Championship game is not being played for social reasons, that was a thing of the past. There is big money involved now.

vCash
    The BCS Championship game is not being played for social reasons, that was a thing of the past. There is big money involved now.
    Not talking about why the game is played, talking about why it's played in those particular areas.

vCash
    Auburn....did they get to keep their trophy after they were caught cheating? Scam Newton, the gift that keeps on giving!
    Sure did, but USC didn't. Can't stand Newton.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast