Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Overrated?

vCash
    If you think top heavy equals overrated, then yes it's overrated.

I live in an area where many actually believe the steaming pile of mediocrity that is the big 10 is a good conference. So I kind of refrain from calling a conference that actually wins championships overrated.
    Last edited by Max Power; 11-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Losing by 3 points in OT to a ranked team is not comparable to getting blown out by 4 TDs to a ranked team!
    didnt say it was. im just pointing out thats what is hurting oregon right now. they lost late to one of only 2 good teams they played
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    didnt say it was. im just pointing out thats what is hurting oregon right now. they lost late to one of only 2 good teams they played
    yeah, part of the "game" for positioning in CFB is not just HOW you lose, but WHEN you lose.

oregon losing when it did hurt them as much as UGA losing when they did helped them.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    oregon has the same problem as gerogia. they played two good teams all year, and are 1-1 in those games
    And they are ranked #5 in the nation, so why aren't you harping on that. You keep saying the same thing over and over in post after post and there is absolutely no logic to what you are saying.

vCash
    I just want desertrat18 to tell me he was opposed to Nebraska going to that 2001 Rose Bowl after they got drilled by Colorado something like 62-30 and didn't win their own division.

Like I said, all of us who are fans of big time programs have profited off the system at some point recently.

vCash
    The SEC has dominated for so long and caused some people to become extremely frustrated. lol

People are saying the SEC is "top heavy"...what conference ISN'T top heavy? You expect every team to be solid?

The ACC has Florida St and Clemson

Big 12 has Kansas St, Oklahoma, and Texas

Big East...lol

Big 10 has Nebraska and Ohio St

Pac 12 has Stanford, Oregon, UCLA

SEC has Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and now Texas A&M

EVERY conference has ****** bottom feeders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    as is the OOC argument you continue to make...

cowardly or not, we just went 11-1 with the toughest schedule in the nation. i don't really care, nor does any other UF or SEC fan, what some grumpy nebraska fan thinks of our program. if playing the toughest schedule in the country is cowardly, i'm proud to be a coward.

are you equally as proud to be the resident grumpy old man of this forum?
    Way to twist the truth into something distorted and false. Leave Florida just once in our lifetime....come on, don't be afraid!

vCash
    Way to twist the truth into something distorted and false. Leave Florida just once in our lifetime....come on, don't be afraid!
    like i said... #1 toughest schedule in the nation and 11-1 record to show for it. if that makes us cowards, call me a coward

the totality of the schedule is unequivocally more telling than 2-3 OOC games. if you want to argue otherwise, well, then you'll just continue to look foolish.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch
    Big East...lol
    And their three best teams are all leaving for another conference.

Louisville and Pitt to the ACC, Rutgers to the Big Ten. Damn.

vCash
    Georgia played 5 teams that are bowl eligible(South Carolina 10-2, Florida 11-1, Vanderbilt 8-4, Ole Miss 6-6, and Georgia Tech 6-6). Oregon played 8 bowl eligible teams(Arkansas State 8-3, Fresno State 8-3, Arizona 7-5, Washington 7-5, Arizona State 7-5, USC 7-5, Stanford 10-2, and Oregon State 8-3).

I still see this favoring Oregon, their schedule was far tougher overall than Georgia's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I just want desertrat18 to tell me he was opposed to Nebraska going to that 2001 Rose Bowl after they got drilled by Colorado something like 62-30 and didn't win their own division.

Like I said, all of us who are fans of big time programs have profited off the system at some point recently.
    Nebraska didn't belong in that 2001 game, just another failure of the BCS. We were crushed by Colorado and didn't even play for our own conference title. Oregon should have gone that year.

vCash
    Most of the SEC teams' wins come from in conference. Yep. That is because they now have 14 teams in their conference; therfore, there isn't much since scheduling a lot of out of conference games, especially against supposed powerhouse teams because, IMO, the SEC manages to beat each other up enough. Frankly, I wish Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Georgia would never schedule a game against each other and they would do away with the SEC championship game. This would probably give the SEC the opportunity to have the number 1 and 2, or least number 3 team in the nation year after year.

Where do most of Notre Dame's wins come from? Out of conference. Why? Because they are in that powerhouse conference which consists of 4 teams. That's right, 4 teams - ND, BYU, Army, and Navy. And yes, ND did manage to beat 2 powerhouses from their conference. They spanked Navy and they well, they squeaked by BYU. Strange that they weren't ranked higher in the polls during the season. I'm pretty sure had they been in the SEC, they would have started out higher and I'm pretty sure had Kansas State and Oregon not lost, ND would have gotten to play in the NC because they played so many games out of conference. Oh wait, they had no choice. Nope, they probably would have been on the outside looking in. Kind of like that 2004 Auburn team that went 13-0, but didn't get to play in the NC. Wonder what happened to that SEC bias that year? One can only assume USC and Oklahoma must have paid ESPN and others to rank them higher than Auburn and keep them there. Wait, I just realized that one of those teams was from the PAC 12 and the other was from the Big 12. It is a good thing that at least Kansas State, or Oregon lost; otherwise, I would have to break out the conspiracy theory.
    Last edited by Wingman; 11-28-2012 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    like i said... #1 toughest schedule in the nation and 11-1 record to show for it. if that makes us cowards, call me a coward

the totality of the schedule is unequivocally more telling than 2-3 OOC games. if you want to argue otherwise, well, then you'll just continue to look foolish.
    Are you even able to answer this question....when and where was the last Florida non-conference game that was out of state?

vCash
    Are you even able to answer this question....when and where was the last Florida non-conference game that was out of state?
    well if we're just going to keep deflecting each other's statements, care to elaborate on the totality of one's schedule vs. a handful of OOC games?

but, yes, i CAN answer that... 2007 BCS title game in glendale (across the country from g'ville). 41-14 over OSU. overwhelming number of OSU fans to UF fans there.

oh wait... i forgot to add one of these
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Georgia played 5 teams that are bowl eligible(South Carolina 10-2, Florida 11-1, Vanderbilt 8-4, Ole Miss 6-6, and Georgia Tech 6-6). Oregon played 8 bowl eligible teams(Arkansas State 8-3, Fresno State 8-3, Arizona 7-5, Washington 7-5, Arizona State 7-5, USC 7-5, Stanford 10-2, and Oregon State 8-3).

I still see this favoring Oregon, their schedule was far tougher overall than Georgia's.
    I will state this again. Florida had a tougher schedule than Oregon; thus, Florida gets ranked higher than Florida. Georgia beat Florida; therefore, Georgia get ranked higher than Florida and Oregon. It really is simple.
    Let's try this, you have 5 one loss teams, now rank them.

Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, and Kansas State.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast