Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    LOL, since I often waffle too many times on issues, I couldn't help but see myself in your post. You're right, too many times we take a damned if they do, damned if they don't approach when the fact is there just is no simple answer either way.

I think we can all be excused though for our negative perception of the Wilpons. They've done precious little over the years to inspire confidence.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LicptUy9Ay4

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    This isn't a Mets practice. This is a practice in all of sports.
    Its OK if the team is willing to spend through the back end bolus of the contract but the Mets will not do that. They will use it as a reason not to spend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Dickey is consistent? He seems to be consistent within a season, but last season was by far his best, the year before was by far his 2nd best, and he's had many terrible years.

I think he'll be mostly good moving forward, probably have campaigns that are a cross between his 2011 and 2012 seasons, but consistent? Not so much.
    What exactly is consistency? The same numbers, or numbers consistently within a range? In baseball, the latter, equates to consistency.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Oy.

Don't you just hate it when people randomly interject YouTube videos into the conversation?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    But how does that get us the additional players to turn the team into a contender as you suggested they would do with the near term savings fromthe deferral?

it shows they r willing to spend on players that make sence to spend on
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    it shows they r willing to spend on players that make sence to spend on
    The problem is that they're only willing to spend on players who make cents, not dollars.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456