Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 179
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    So because they are stupid and skip college to go pro and get paid (another greedy aspect) they should be rewarded?

    The ones that don't make it aren't the ones that take the bigger contracts like I'm talking about. Most people that are out by 26 aren't getting multiple offers.

    Wanting more money rather than being close to home or any other aspect is greedy.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    So because they are stupid and skip college to go pro and get paid (another greedy aspect) they should be rewarded?

    The ones that don't make it aren't the ones that take the bigger contracts like I'm talking about. Most people that are out by 26 aren't getting multiple offers.

    Wanting more money rather than being close to home or any other aspect is greedy.
    No it isn't. This is going beyond an opinionated discussion into just plain factually right and wrong. Wanting to make money does not make a person greedy. You seem to think that the two are synonymous and that just isn't the case. Being greedy is being obsessed with money to the point of someone else's detriment. Simply accepting a high paying job offer is not greedy.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    How can it be wrong? Didnt we just go over this? Opinions and interpretations of a word or other beliefs can't be wrong. Just cause you believe it doesn't make it a fact.

    I think it makes them greedy. You don't. Neither is right or wrong despite what you want to believe.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  4. 12-01-2012, 10:40 PM
    Reason
    insults

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    Me? How so?

    And reported for insults.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  6. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    How can it be wrong? Didnt we just go over this? Opinions and interpretations of a word or other beliefs can't be wrong. Just cause you believe it doesn't make it a fact.

    I think it makes them greedy. You don't. Neither is right or wrong despite what you want to believe.
    What you're basically saying is you can interpret any word, phrase or expression to mean whatever you want and it's not wrong because it's labeled an opinion (by you). This is not how language works. Sometimes people can be wrong, and simply hiding behind the "well it's my opinion" excuse just compounds the error.

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree with your idea of greedy. That doesn't make me wrong.

    Hate to break it to you, but your opinion does not always equal fact.

    I'm not changing the meaning if the word. I just think its greedy, and you don't. We both know what greedy means. We just have different ideas of what is considered greedy.

    Learn to accept that fact. Don't automatically assume opinions that differ from your own are wrong. It's one thing when it's fact based like player comparisons and stuff. It those situations, stats can clearly show right and wrong. This argument isn't like that. It's entirely opinion.
    Last edited by jej; 12-01-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  8. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I disagree with your idea of greedy. That doesn't make me wrong.

    Hate to break it to you, but your opinion does not always equal fact.

    I'm not changing the meaning if the word. I just think its greedy, and you don't. We both know what greedy means. We just have different ideas of what is considered greedy.

    Learn to accept that fact. Don't automatically assume opinions that differ from your own are wrong. It's one thing when it's fact based like player comparisons and stuff. It those situations, stats can clearly show right and wrong. This argument isn't like that. It's entirely opinion.
    You disagree with the definition of greedy which you yourself posted earlier. This makes you wrong.

    Hate to break it to you, but facts are not always subject to debate.

    You are changing the meaning of the word if you're saying that anyone who makes large quantities of money are greedy simply because it's more than they need to survive.

    Learn to accept facts. Don't automatically assume that something is opinion based when presented with facts to the contrary. This is a situation where multiple people have expressed to you that you are misinterpreting and misusing the word greedy, yet you still claim that it's just your opinion so it's not wrong. It's entirely wrong.

  9. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    When did i ever say that everyone who is rich is greedy? Now you are just making stuff up. I never disagreed with the definition.

    I'm not sure where you got any of that from. I simply disagree about what is "excessive" as stated in the definition.

    If you are gonna keep making stuff up and acting as though my opinion is wrong, then I think we are done here. I'm not trying to argue over facts like you suggest. None of this is fact. It's all opinion. Just cause multiple people agree doesn't make t right/wrong. That's something you need to learn.

    Lots of people believe in god and would disagree with me on that topic, but that doesn't make them right. That is awful logic.

    I think they are greedy. You don't. Deal with it. Not everything has to be a big debate or something.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  10. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    When did i ever say that everyone who is rich is greedy? Now you are just making stuff up. I never disagreed with the definition.
    I never said that you said everyone who is rich is greedy. You did say anyone who places more weight on money than on other factors is greedy, you cited proximity to family as one of these potential factors or chance to win a championship as another. This doesn't make a person greedy, it simply makes them practical.

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I'm not sure where you got any of that from. I simply disagree about what is "excessive" as stated in the definition.

    If you are gonna keep making stuff up and acting as though my opinion is wrong, then I think we are done here. I'm not trying to argue over facts like you suggest. None of this is fact. It's all opinion. Just cause multiple people agree doesn't make t right/wrong. That's something you need to learn.

    Lots of people believe in god and would disagree with me on that topic, but that doesn't make them right. That is awful logic.
    No, it's not your opinion which is wrong, it's your understanding which is wrong. Also, I never said consensus against you is what makes you wrong, it's merely an indicator that you should consider that you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I think they are greedy. You don't. Deal with it. Not everything has to be a big debate or something.
    There's nothing for me to deal with. I'm simply refuting your claims and comments as you make them. It's not really a big deal.

  11. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    You can't refute opinions. That's all this is. Just because you disagree and claim to refute what Isay, doesn't make it wrong.

    I think that if they value money over anything else, it makes them greedy. You don't. Neither is wrong or right, it's just opinion.

    Quit trying to fill your ego by winning debates that are really undebatable. There are no facts that we can use to support either side, it's all opinion. So what's there to debate? Nothing
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  12. #161
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    You can't refute opinions. That's all this is. Just because you disagree and claim to refute what Isay, doesn't make it wrong.
    No one is trying to refute opinions as no opinions are really being stated here. You're just interpreting the English language to mean whatever you want it to mean just so you can say "But I'm not wrong".

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I think that if they value money over anything else, it makes them greedy. You don't. Neither is wrong or right, it's just opinion.
    Actually no, that is quite wrong. What you said is a broad statement and doesn't fall within the definition of greed. A subset of it can, but not the entire human race that you've just grouped into your claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Quit trying to fill your ego by winning debates that are really undebatable. There are no facts that we can use to support either side, it's all opinion. So what's there to debate? Nothing
    My ego is not damaged or boosted by having a conversation or debate with someone on the internet whom I disagree with. Your concern is dismissed.

    I see you trying to end this discussion, however you want it to be on your terms with everyone acknowledging your re-arrangement of the English language to suit your needs and allowing you to exit the thread with the last word.

    If you truly wish to stop posting, you needn't try to make stop responding. You can just take the initiative yourself. I'll continue in this circular disagreement until a mod closes the thread, you acknowledge you're in error or you simply stop claiming "Okay, I have the last word and I'm not wrong because I'm labeling it an opinion and those are sacred and can't be wrong".

  13. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clearwater/St Pete, FL
    Posts
    559
    vCash
    1500
    I like money. They like money. We all like money. That isnt greed, thats life. Pretty sure if I was offered millions for any job I'd would be mine.

  14. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,975
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't rearrange anything. I believe it is greedy, you don't

    Our ideas of excessive differ.

    See, you just said what I think is wrong. That's exactly what in telling you not to do. I said I think that putting money over other things is greedy. That's not wrong just cause you disagree. That's my opinion. Yours is different. I didn't group everyone together either so I don't know where you got that from

    Having different ideals and values does not mean I am changing the language nor does it mean I'm wrong. It's what I believe. And it's just as valuable as your opinion despite what you seem to think. How am I changing the language? There are no specifics of what constitutes as greedy. Therefore, it's up to interpretation.

    Look, its obvious you really want to be right anout this and cant accept anything different from your opinion. you want to argue something that really cant ve debates because its all opinion. There's no facts to back up your idea of greed, and there isn't for me either.

    I respect your opinion. All I ask is that you respect mine. I never once said you were wrong, cause you aren't. Neither of us are. There is no one right answer. It's an open question up to interpretation.
    Last edited by jej; 12-02-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  15. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I didn't rearrange anything. I believe it is greedy, you don't

    Our ideas of excessive differ.

    See, you just said what I think is wrong. That's exactly what in telling you not to do. I said I think that putting money over other things is greedy. That's not wrong just cause you disagree. That's my opinion. Yours is different. I didn't group everyone together either so I don't know where you got that from

    Having different ideals and values does not mean I am changing the language nor does it mean I'm wrong. It's what I believe. And it's just as valuable as your opinion despite what you seem to think. How am I changing the language? There are no specifics of what constitutes as greedy. Therefore, it's up to interpretation.

    Look, its obvious you really want to be right anout this and cant accept anything different from your opinion. you want to argue something that really cant ve debates because its all opinion. There's no facts to back up your idea of greed, and there isn't for me either.

    I respect your opinion. All I ask is that you respect mine. I never once said you were wrong, cause you aren't. Neither of us are. There is no one right answer. It's an open question up to interpretation.
    That's all very diplomatic (well except for the part where you make assumptions about me), however it's still wrong when you say there's no facts to back up what greed is. You yourself said greed is defined as "excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions." and simply accepting a high offer is not conclusive evidence of such a desire. It's merely a common sense and practical approach to accepting a job offer.

    It would be quite easy to just say that what everyone says is valid because it's just an opinion, but it's not actually true. If I said all football players were dangerous members of society because they play a physical sport, you could say that I'm very wrong and you'd be right. You can't simply claim something about a group of people and then say "well it's just my opinion, so i'm not wrong."

  16. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,490
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    So because they are stupid and skip college to go pro and get paid (another greedy aspect) they should be rewarded?
    That's not what I argued.

    I argued that is the reason they don't have job skills, that's all.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •