Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was there really a religion forum?

I never saw it.

vCash
    I was one of the mods that pushed to get it killed and I am easily one of the more religious posters on the site. Nothing productive ever came out of the religion forum, it was just reported post after reported post. The religious people couldn't handle criticism and the atheists couldn't help but do everything they could but rain on the parade.

There is no "Oh wow that's interesting you believe that, tell me more" or "I disagree completely, but I totally respect your right to believe that" It is all chaos and trolling. Religious discussion here was nothing short of embarrassing.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I was one of the mods that pushed to get it killed and I am easily one of the more religious posters on the site. Nothing productive ever came out of the religion forum, it was just reported post after reported post. The religious people couldn't handle criticism and the atheists couldn't help but do everything they could but rain on the parade.

There is no "Oh wow that's interesting you believe that, tell me more" or "I disagree completely, but I totally respect your right to believe that" It is all chaos and trolling. Religious discussion here was nothing short of embarrassing.
    Sure you are

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Literally everything you guys are complaining about applies to politics as well.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Literally everything you guys are complaining about applies to politics as well.
    I'm not really sure where you are getting this from. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it right. The politics forum does not generate these problems. It is posted in by posters that do not cause problems and are not making it a hassle to post in or moderate. Ranging from people I couldn't disagree more with if I tried to people I agree with almost all the time, it is filled with people who are willing to discuss the issue and not make it personal. This is something that religious discussion on this site has never had and would never have if it were permitted.

Please bring something to substantiate this claim if you are going to make it again.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I'm a practicing catholic. but if PSD had a religious forum, I would not post there. It would lead to nothing but baiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Ha. OP wasn't here when that forum was made. There were times where that forum was such a disaster it wasn't funny. And even before it was a forum and it was just in the GD, it was an even bigger mess. People will tell you it was only 3 people causing all the problems and simply put, that wasn't true. Everyone's posts were constantly reported, the fighting literally never stopped and the backhanded insults were consistent. It was a disaster and not as entertaining as you would think.

Nobody likes to be told they're wrong and in a religion forum, there is nothing to back up either side. For a Jets-Patriots argument, I could argue for days but my team was just beaten 49-19. A Patriot fan saying there team is better is obviously right. In an atheist vs religion argument one side points to something, the other points to something else. And it goes on foreeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .
    Exactly. There's no way to prove either side correct, so the debates are interminable. I'll say this though, if people wanna have a religious forum and just go bash each other, it's no skin off my hide, I'd just avoid the forum altogether anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not really sure where you are getting this from. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it right. The politics forum does not generate these problems. It is posted in by posters that do not cause problems and are not making it a hassle to post in or moderate. Ranging from people I couldn't disagree more with if I tried to people I agree with almost all the time, it is filled with people who are willing to discuss the issue and not make it personal. This is something that religious discussion on this site has never had and would never have if it were permitted.

Please bring something to substantiate this claim if you are going to make it again.
    A two year gap seems like enough time to give it another go.

Also, getting mods who care, like you said about the politics forum.

Just do what is done in there and it will work. They're both extremely sensitive topics that people rarely change their opinions. If one works, the other can.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I personally don't think another go will fix anything.

Do you really think that posters on PSD have improved in the past 2 years? I think the quality has gone down, if anything.

There are too many conflicts in this world, and this site should be an escape from at least one of them.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    I personally don't think another go will fix anything.

Do you really think that posters on PSD have improved in the past 2 years? I think the quality has gone down, if anything.

There are too many conflicts in this world, and this site should be an escape from at least one of them.
    I wouldn't post in the forum but I think it can generate some good discussions. If you want to "escape" just don't go in that forum.

If good moderation can work in politics, I don't see how it won't in religion.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I wouldn't post in the forum but I think it can generate some good discussions. If you want to "escape" just don't go in that forum.

If good moderation can work in politics, I don't see how it won't in religion.
    Politics is a lot more factual based where as a good portion of religion is faith based.

The people who are attracted to the topic won't generate good discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Politics is a lot more factual based where as a good portion of religion is faith based.

The people who are attracted to the topic won't generate good discussion.
    While politics are factual, they're still 100% opinion based. Just like religion. It's literally no different.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Most people are more intense about their faith than their political views.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Most people are more intense about their faith than their political views.
    Agreed. That's where the moderation comes in.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Agreed. That's where the moderation comes in.
    Do you know of anyone that wants to moderate it or something? Because last time nobody wanted to do it which contributed to it getting nuked.

It is just so much work because EVERYONE gets their feelings hurt.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast