Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Its alway when it someone else Flipp...I think Ive shared that personal insite with you.
    People are always so willing to make judgements and throw stones...until its their kid,or wife, or parent.
    You know, i play devils Advocate at times in here and My hope often is to get people on both sides of an issue to think critically about what they are thinking, I do this because Im willing to bet 90% of the guys in here have enjoyed a lot of the blessings of what it means to be a 20-30 YO American suburbanite.
    You dont know pain, or suffering until your watching your child starve to death in front of your eyes like huge swaths of this planet do on a daily basis.

To say two clearly stupid kids deserved to die is obscene.
    I did plenty of stupid things when I was a kid.
    One of my friends that is now a Cop, would get lit and do donuts on an open field in the public park at 12:00am...I guess if a citizen patrol came by , he shoulda shoot him too...who knows what kind of Psycho is behind the wheel Right?

All this paralysis through fear is making people completely hysterical.
    Look up causes of death.Homicide is microscopic.then go to the federal crime statictics database and look up how often homicide is commited by a known asailant.Somewhere like 80% of the time.
    so, in a pool of more then 300 million souls, the CDC lists 17000 homicides and 80% are caused by premediatation that leaves 3400 random acts of voilence resulting in murder a year.
    Ill let anyone whos interested figure out how many zeros are needed behind the decimal point to reflect the odds of getting murdered, its like winning the lotto or getting struck by lightning...

vCash
    Stopping the threat is not the wrong thing to do. Unloading a mag in an unconscious person's chest is terrible. I hope he is made an example of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Not when they were on the ground unconscious and bleeding from their initial gunshot wounds.
    That is where I have the problem with what the guy did. I am assuming there was some rage in doing that, from all the other break ins that when unsolved. Also the guy seems like a nut case. He didn't want to call the cops because it was thanksgiving and then when taken to the police station he tells them everything...

vCash
    I think this guy will get off unless he gets a terrible defense team or he just acts like a lunatic with no remorse in court. Looks like these kids had robbed a few homes.

It sucks, young people should be able to make stupid mistakes and not die. But they were Los enough to know right from wrong.

My buddies brother in law is the most mild mannered laid back dare I say boring dude I've ever met. Last year went on a trip with him and a few other guys near his hometown and he started telling us stories of how they would break into houses in HS. He got caught one time and it took him like 25 years to get the felony off his record. This guys just a hard working guy in his 40's with a wife and a couple kids today. But back in HS apparently all he did was smoke weed and rob houses. Obviously he could of been shot if somebody would have been home in one of those houses. It's weird to think about.

vCash
    There's no way this guy gets off.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    There's no way this guy gets off.
    I mean as far as murder goes. I don't think he'll get life or even 10+ years. A good defense lawyer won't let his client go to jail for decades for killing people that broke into his house. Not saying its right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I mean as far as murder goes. I don't think he'll get life or even 10+ years. A good defense lawyer won't let his client go to jail for decades for killing people that broke into his house. Not saying its right.
    Oh I don't think he'll get life or the death chair since this wasn't premeditated. I think he'll get 1st degree maybe 2nd degree manslaughter. The intruders families will be awarded a few million in damages which will make headline of can you believe they won when their kids broke in? And in the end they won't see much money since the guy will be in jail for 10-20 years

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    He probably doesn't belong in jail. He probably belongs in a mental institution.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    He probably doesn't belong in jail. He probably belongs in a mental institution.
    Oh? You think he might have severe anger management problems? Of the psychotic variety?

I wonder if he would fail the McNaughton rule? I wonder if the impulse was completely irresistible? Or, I wonder if he was just so angry that this was his chance to "get even"?

Given the facts, as stated, I am just not sure what could or could not be proven.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Oh? You think he might have severe anger management problems? Of the psychotic variety?

I wonder if he would fail the McNaughton rule? I wonder if the impulse was completely irresistible? Or, I wonder if he was just so angry that this was his chance to "get even"?

Given the facts, as stated, I am just not sure what could or could not be proven.
    The legal definition of insanity is stupid from a psychologist point of view.

vCash
    The legal definition of insanity is stupid from a psychologist point of view.
    I have no opinion about the stupidity from a psychologist's point of view, not being a psychologist, or even playing one on tv. To me, that is not the relevant point of view in this thread. What seems to be the relevant opinion is about the criminality of the shooter.

I suppose the relevant question could be a clinical question, but in reading this thread, that does not strike me as the overarching question that is being discussed.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I have no opinion about the stupidity from a psychologist's point of view, not being a psychologist, or even playing one on tv. To me, that is not the relevant point of view in this thread. What seems to be the relevant opinion is about the criminality of the shooter.

I suppose the relevant question could be a clinical question, but in reading this thread, that does not strike me as the overarching question that is being discussed.
    It's actually really hard to leap the hurdle of McNaughton. I doubt he gets off that way. I would guess that most crimes of the moment are not truly considered by the person as a right/wrong. I just don't think intense human behavior that leads to a non prepared killing lends itself to any consideration of the morality of the situation. In essence I would guess a huge number of murders are not committed while "temporarily insane," but proving that is really hard.

vCash
    It's actually really hard to leap the hurdle of McNaughton. I doubt he gets off that way. I would guess that most crimes of the moment are not truly considered by the person as a right/wrong. I just don't think intense human behavior that leads to a non prepared killing lends itself to any consideration of the morality of the situation. In essence I would guess a huge number of murders are not committed while "temporarily insane," but proving that is really hard.
    And that would be why most insanity defenses fail.

I doubt he gets off. To me, the desired dichotomy of good v evil does not exist in this story. To me, this is just a question of evil and more evil. The burglars/robbers had no good intent, obviously. The shooter, might have started out with a defensible intent, but in the end, he crossed the line.

It strikes me that this is just a story with nothing to be learned, no good to be seen, just losers all around.

vCash
    Foxnews viewers = conservatives = god loving and compassionate christians

Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    The article you posted said they were 17 and 18 years old.

The guy is a nut case and should spend a long time in jail, but I have a hard time feeling bad about a couple of punks that were killed breaking into somebody house.
    We're not talking about hardened gangbangers here. Those you can just go ahead and kill. These were just a couple of suburban junkies, or so I assume. Neither had any weapons on them, and I suspect they thought the home was empty when they saw no one was inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    This has been all over the radio and news here. Let me just say it is not only fox viewers that agree with the man. This guys house has also been broken into multiple times before this. The guy sounds a little messed up in the head. Not condoning what he did or.
    I think you have to ask yourself why people are breaking into his home so many times to begin with. And if they are, are they doing it for the thrill of it, or are they actually attempting to steal from old man living in a shanty.

Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    well if these facts are true (which it's early so no that's probably not true) he went overboard in multiple shots. But I'd be shooting too if someone broke into my house. I like how home invaders are now the victims. No home invaders are felons. So lets rephrase it do you support killing felons who break into your house?
    Shooting to defend is one thing, but he stepped over the line. That is as clear as day.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Murder is murder IMO. I don't know I would have probably supported him if his life was in danger. But the guy clearly finsihing them off instead of firing in self defense, told me everything I needed to know.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast