Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77

Thread: Zack Greinke

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    When I say "a lot" I don't mean most; I just mean a few that I've known. I could look up just about anything on Wikipedia and it's probably gonna be accurate. Too bad some people think it's just a website where anybody can write anything on any given subject.
    That's the entire concept of the website! You don't have to be any kind of recognized "expert" to write on any given subject.

    Taking wikipedia as an absolute reference is like getting your news from Jon Stewart. There's truth to what he says, but is he credible or is he "reporting news" for other purposes? Is wikipedia a pretty good place to START research? Yes. Is it a place you should take as absolute truth? If you did, it would be incredibly risky.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,649
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    That's the entire concept of the website! You don't have to be any kind of recognized "expert" to write on any given subject.

    Taking wikipedia as an absolute reference is like getting your news from Jon Stewart. There's truth to what he says, but is he credible or is he "reporting news" for other purposes? Is wikipedia a pretty good place to START research? Yes. Is it a place you should take as absolute truth? If you did, it would be incredibly risky.


    Ok yes, technically it's a website that anyone can edit. Like I said though, they have editors and fact checkers that correct most of the stuff on there if needed. Besides, they link their sources on every page at the bottom so if you don't believe what Wikipedia says, maybe check the NY Times link at the bottom that says the same thing.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post


    Ok yes, technically it's a website that anyone can edit. Like I said though, they have editors and fact checkers that correct most of the stuff on there if needed. Besides, they link their sources on every page at the bottom so if you don't believe what Wikipedia says, maybe check the NY Times link at the bottom that says the same thing.
    absolutely true... for the most part. But why not just use the "NYT" as your source instead? That way there's no worry at all

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    1500
    What does Wikipedia say about Zach Greinke?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,649
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    absolutely true... for the most part. But why not just use the "NYT" as your source instead? That way there's no worry at all
    That's of course the safe route when doing an essay, article, etc., but my point is just that if you're quoting Wikipedia, chances are it's correct and a little bit of research will show that.

    Anyway, this thread is about Zack Greinke, not Wikipedia lol.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,359
    vCash
    1500
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    1500
    sorry guys but looks liek the dodgers beat yall in the grenkie sweepstakes, better move in on dickey and send olt + somethign small for dickey

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,649
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    sorry guys but looks liek the dodgers beat yall in the grenkie sweepstakes, better move in on dickey and send olt + somethign small for dickey
    No thanks. I'll pass on the 38 year old one trick pony.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    1500
    lol have fun having the angels winning the division

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,649
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    lol have fun having the angels winning the division
    Highly doubt that.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    I'm pissed. Yes, the pricetag was high, but surely we could've afforded $24.5m over 6 years...6 years...what we were willing to give Lee.

    So now we give up prospects for a Dickey or Shields? **** that.

    I'll be even more pissed if we are somehow able to pay Hamilton the $25m he wants. As if a position player that plays 3/4 of a season with a piss poor attitude is somehow more valuable than acquiring top pitchers.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    589
    vCash
    1500
    I'm kind of glad we didn't get greinke. Paying someone 24.5 mil a year for not even being a top 10 pitcher in the league isn't good business. Next year kersgaw and verlander will be free agents hopefully and maybe we can snag one of them. We will probably overpay Hamilton now though : (

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    589
    vCash
    1500
    No dickey please. Too big of a risk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    2,803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    lol have fun having the angels winning the division
    wins some games then check back in when your team is relevant.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    2,803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'm pissed. Yes, the pricetag was high, but surely we could've afforded $24.5m over 6 years...6 years...what we were willing to give Lee.

    So now we give up prospects for a Dickey or Shields? **** that.

    I'll be even more pissed if we are somehow able to pay Hamilton the $25m he wants. As if a position player that plays 3/4 of a season with a piss poor attitude is somehow more valuable than acquiring top pitchers.
    if they didn't sign Greinke for that contract no way we re-sign Josh.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •