Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    When I say "a lot" I don't mean most; I just mean a few that I've known. I could look up just about anything on Wikipedia and it's probably gonna be accurate. Too bad some people think it's just a website where anybody can write anything on any given subject.
    That's the entire concept of the website! You don't have to be any kind of recognized "expert" to write on any given subject.

Taking wikipedia as an absolute reference is like getting your news from Jon Stewart. There's truth to what he says, but is he credible or is he "reporting news" for other purposes? Is wikipedia a pretty good place to START research? Yes. Is it a place you should take as absolute truth? If you did, it would be incredibly risky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    That's the entire concept of the website! You don't have to be any kind of recognized "expert" to write on any given subject.

Taking wikipedia as an absolute reference is like getting your news from Jon Stewart. There's truth to what he says, but is he credible or is he "reporting news" for other purposes? Is wikipedia a pretty good place to START research? Yes. Is it a place you should take as absolute truth? If you did, it would be incredibly risky.

Ok yes, technically it's a website that anyone can edit. Like I said though, they have editors and fact checkers that correct most of the stuff on there if needed. Besides, they link their sources on every page at the bottom so if you don't believe what Wikipedia says, maybe check the NY Times link at the bottom that says the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post

Ok yes, technically it's a website that anyone can edit. Like I said though, they have editors and fact checkers that correct most of the stuff on there if needed. Besides, they link their sources on every page at the bottom so if you don't believe what Wikipedia says, maybe check the NY Times link at the bottom that says the same thing.
    absolutely true... for the most part. But why not just use the "NYT" as your source instead? That way there's no worry at all

vCash
    What does Wikipedia say about Zach Greinke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcculloch21 View Post
    absolutely true... for the most part. But why not just use the "NYT" as your source instead? That way there's no worry at all
    That's of course the safe route when doing an essay, article, etc., but my point is just that if you're quoting Wikipedia, chances are it's correct and a little bit of research will show that.

Anyway, this thread is about Zack Greinke, not Wikipedia lol.

vCash
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    sorry guys but looks liek the dodgers beat yall in the grenkie sweepstakes, better move in on dickey and send olt + somethign small for dickey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    sorry guys but looks liek the dodgers beat yall in the grenkie sweepstakes, better move in on dickey and send olt + somethign small for dickey
    No thanks. I'll pass on the 38 year old one trick pony.

vCash
    lol have fun having the angels winning the division

vCash
    Highly doubt that.

vCash
    I'm pissed. Yes, the pricetag was high, but surely we could've afforded $24.5m over 6 years...6 years...what we were willing to give Lee.

So now we give up prospects for a Dickey or Shields? **** that.

I'll be even more pissed if we are somehow able to pay Hamilton the $25m he wants. As if a position player that plays 3/4 of a season with a piss poor attitude is somehow more valuable than acquiring top pitchers.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    I'm kind of glad we didn't get greinke. Paying someone 24.5 mil a year for not even being a top 10 pitcher in the league isn't good business. Next year kersgaw and verlander will be free agents hopefully and maybe we can snag one of them. We will probably overpay Hamilton now though : (

vCash
    No dickey please. Too big of a risk

vCash
    wins some games then check back in when your team is relevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'm pissed. Yes, the pricetag was high, but surely we could've afforded $24.5m over 6 years...6 years...what we were willing to give Lee.

So now we give up prospects for a Dickey or Shields? **** that.

I'll be even more pissed if we are somehow able to pay Hamilton the $25m he wants. As if a position player that plays 3/4 of a season with a piss poor attitude is somehow more valuable than acquiring top pitchers.
    if they didn't sign Greinke for that contract no way we re-sign Josh.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast