Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: Zack Greinke

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas Tx.
    Posts
    580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Ummm, YOU might want to check that again...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ma...x_on_wages.svg
    lol not saying you are wrong, but don't ever quote Wikipedia if you wanna sound creditable

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    lol not saying you are wrong, but don't ever quote Wikipedia if you wanna sound creditable
    Wikipedia is pretty reliable. A lot of professors accept it as a credible source.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LongIsland
    Posts
    1,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    lol not saying you are wrong, but don't ever quote Wikipedia if you wanna sound creditable
    CALIFORNIA
    Sales Taxes

    State Sales Tax: California’s minimum combined state, county and local sales and use tax rate dropped to 7.25 percent (6.24 state-only portion and 1 percent collected by localities) on July 1, 2011. Rates will be higher in cities and counties with special taxing districts. Publication 71 lists combined sales tax rates for California cities and counties. (Food and prescription drugs are exempt.)
    Gasoline Tax: * 48.6 cents/gallon
    Diesel Fuel Tax: * 51.5 cents/gallon
    Cigarette Tax: 87 cents/pack of 20
    Personal Income Taxes

    Tax Rate Range: Low – 1.0%; High - 9.3%. For 2010 the state has enacted a 0.25 percentage point increase in each of the state’s income tax brackets. A tax credit for dependents was reduced from $309 to $98.
    Income Brackets: ** Lowest – $7,316; Highest – $48,029
    Number of Brackets: 6
    Personal Exemptions: Single – $102; Married – $204
    Tax Credits: Single - $99; Married – $198; Dependents – $309; 65 years of age or older – $99
    Standard Deduction: Single – $3,769; Married filing jointly – $7,538
    Medical/Dental Deduction: Same as Federal taxes
    Federal Income Tax Deduction: None
    Retirement Income Taxes: Social Security and Railroad Retirement benefits are exempt. There is a 2.5% tax on early distributions and qualified pensions. All private, local, state and federal pensions are fully taxed.
    Retired Military Pay: Follows federal tax rules.
    Military Disability Retired Pay: Retirees who entered the military before Sept. 24, 1975, and members receiving disability retirements based on combat injuries or who could receive disability payments from the VA are covered by laws giving disability broad exemption from federal income tax. Most military retired pay based on service-related disabilities also is free from federal income tax, but there is no guarantee of total protection.
    VA Disability Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: VA benefits are not taxable because they generally are for disabilities and are not subject to federal or state taxes.
    Military SBP/SSBP/RCSBP/RSFPP: Generally subject to state taxes for those states with income tax. Check with state department of revenue office.
    Property Taxes

    Property is assessed at 100% of full cash value. The maximum amount of tax on real estate is limited to 1% of the full cash value. Under the homestead program, the first $7,000 of the full value of a homeowner’s dwelling is exempt. The Franchise Tax Board’s Homeowner Assistance program, which provided property tax relief to persons who were blind, disabled, or at least 62 years old, and met certain minimum annual income thresholds, has been halted. The state budgets approved for the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 fiscal years deleted funding for this Homeowner and Renter Assistance Program that once provided cash reimbursement of a portion of the property taxes that residents paid on their home. For more information, call the Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711, or visit.

    The California constitution provides a $7,000 reduction in the taxable value for a qualifying owner-occupied home. The home must have been the principal place of residence of the owner on the lien date, January 1st. To claim the exemption, the homeowner must make a one-time filing of a simple form with the county assessor where the property is located. The claim form, BOE-266,Claim for Homeowners’ Property Tax Exemption, is available from the county assessor.
    Inheritance and Estate Taxes

    There is no inheritance tax. However, there is a limited California estate tax related to federal estate tax collection.

    For further information, visit the California Franchise Tax Board or the California State Board of Equalization.
    * Does not include 1 cent local option.
    ** For joint returns, the taxes are twice the tax imposed on half the income.


    TEXAS
    Sales Taxes

    State Sales Tax: 6.25% (non-prepared food, prescription and non-prescription drugs exempt); local option taxes can raise the rate to 8.25%.
    Gasoline Tax: 20 cents/gallon
    Diesel Fuel Tax: 20 cents/gallon
    Cigarette Tax: $1.41 cents/pack of 20
    Personal Income Taxes

    No state personal income tax
    Retirement Income: Not taxed.

    Retired Military Pay: Not taxed.
    Military Disability Retired Pay: Disability Portion – Length of Service Pay: Member on September 24, 1975 – No tax; Not Member on September 24, 1975 – Taxed, unless combat incurred. Retired Pay – Based solely on disability. Member on September 24, 1975 – No tax. Not Member on September 24, 1975 – Taxed, unless all pay based on disability, and disability resulted from armed conflict, extra-hazardous service, simulated war, or an instrumentality of war.
    VA Disability Dependency and Indemnity Compensation: Not subject to federal or state taxes.
    Military SBP/SSBP/RCSBP/RSFPP: Generally subject to state taxes for those states with income tax. Check with state department of revenue office.
    Property Taxes

    Property tax is imposed by local taxing units. Click here for details. For homeowners 65 and older, $10,000 (in addition to the regular $15,000 homestead exemption) of the property’s assessed value is exempt from school taxes and $3,000 is exempt from other local taxes. Once an over-65 homeowner qualifies for an over-65 homestead exemption for school taxes, that owner gets a tax ceiling for that home on school taxes. If the homeowner improves the home (other than normal repairs or maintenance), the tax ceiling is adjusted for the new additions. For details on the homestead exemption, click here.

    School district taxes are frozen for seniors (65 and older) and disabled persons at the level imposed on the residence the first year that the taxpayer qualified for the residence exemption. Counties, cities, towns, and junior college districts are permitted to establish a tax freeze on homesteads of those age 65 and older or disabled. For more information on exemptions, click here.
    Inheritance and Estate Taxes

    There is no inheritance and the estate tax is limited and related to federal estate tax collection.

    For further information, visit the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts site.





    I do have a Finance Degree with Honors, a CFP, and am a licensed investment representative


    In this case Wilkepedia is correct
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500
    Off topic, irrelevant, boring.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    Off topic, irrelevant, boring.
    It's certainly not off-topic or irrelevant. Considering that for some players, income tax does factor in to their decision. If Texas and LA offer similar contracts money wise, Hamilton would have every reason to accept Texas' offer due to the fact that he could get more money (not to mention return to a clubhouse he knows and who generally supports him). Same with Greinke, money wise.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas Tx.
    Posts
    580
    vCash
    1500
    lol like i said, not saying you are wrong but wiki isnt what people should use. Your professors should know better

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500
    From the rumors I'm hearing, Greinke prefers the Rangers and the Rangers would prefer to sign Greinke over Hamilton. The Angels are out of contention as they are moving on to Annibal Sanchez and Edwin Jackson and they have already signed Joe Blanton. It seems the Dodgers are falling off as well because Greinke is giving them the impression he prefers Texas. I'm assuming the numbers are a little off and Zach is waiting on a possible offer to really trump that of the Rangers. If nothing like that happens, I'd expect him to sign here in the next 3-4 days.

    The only problem is that the DBacks know that Hamilton would then be out of the Rangers budget giving them leverage in the talks for Upton. The DBacks want Profar, or to a lesser extent Andrus, and the Greinke signing could force the Rangers hand. I think JD wants to first work out a deal for Upton (most likely a 3 team deal with either the Rays and Shields/Olt or the Indians with Cabrera/Martin Perez), then sign Greinke so he wouldn't have to give up one of his young shortstops. Interesting scenario no doubt.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla91 View Post
    lol like i said, not saying you are wrong but wiki isnt what people should use. Your professors should know better
    Wiki has a very good team of editors and fact checkers, I trust it for the most part. I've tried editing pages and writing ridiculous things and it's taken down within minutes.

    Anyway, I'm still thinking Greinke signs with Texas and JD trades for Upton but I believe Upton will cost a lot more then expected, probably including Andrus.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Wiki has a very good team of editors and fact checkers, I trust it for the most part. I've tried editing pages and writing ridiculous things and it's taken down within minutes.

    Anyway, I'm still thinking Greinke signs with Texas and JD trades for Upton but I believe Upton will cost a lot more then expected, probably including Andrus.
    Hello All, first time post, but have lurked a bit. Fantastic news and some good insights.....

    however, am I the only one that thinks 160+ for Grienke is waaaay out of line- especially for a proven head case? He and Hamilton together in the same dugout would send the team chemistry over the edge IMO. Not to mention Grienke isn't all he's being made out to be despite what some writers wish to point otherwise.


    Perhaps it's me but he is a risk, a head case and a potential toxic additive to what appears to be the very talented but disturbed drama queen josh Hamiltion.

    Oh and um- No Way would I trade Andrus for Upton straight up, much less for additional players. Andrus is too good, too clutch and Profar is an unknown factor to this point.

    Now IF they want Kinsler, Cruz and a prospect that is doable, or a load of cash fine. Andrus on the other hand is off limits in my mind.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    i'd love to see grienke as part of the Texas rotation.
    i don't think he deserves the biggest contract ever given to a SP.
    there is a bit of a risk, given his disorder, but he seems to have put it behind him.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Wikipedia is pretty reliable. A lot of professors accept it as a credible source.
    What? No they don't. Most teachers automatically deduct when you use Wikipedia as a source.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,930
    vCash
    1500
    None of my college professors have ever done that, Y2K.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    344
    vCash
    1500
    All my business and english professors told us they would not accept wiki as an acceptable reference. I would agree. It's not a source to be trusted.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Wikipedia is highly underrated simply because of, honestly, rare trolling type events. For the most part, it's pretty damn accurate and at least a good base for finding facts. Once you find something on there, then you can explore deeper using the info you find there initially and searching for similar things on other websites.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    What? No they don't. Most teachers automatically deduct when you use Wikipedia as a source.
    When I say "a lot" I don't mean most; I just mean a few that I've known. I could look up just about anything on Wikipedia and it's probably gonna be accurate. Too bad some people think it's just a website where anybody can write anything on any given subject.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •