Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hell yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    unlike your reply
    why I oughta.....

vCash
    I would say it depends on his contract... If it's friendly and were sure the calf injury is cool nab him... As others have said he has been good in the 4-3 and we need the help. At least he is quality depth of which we have none now. I'm sure RM and DA are checking it out...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    If the long term plan is to have him back next year then Yes.........otherwise NO.
    If they do bring him in, then, it's clear that some guys are going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Jason babin has been waived per PFT -

Not too bad a salary going forward. I'd do it. Forget what he's said about Philly fans or whatever...its philly fans.

What you guys think? Seems possible, but is it logical?

Do need some pass rush whether it be this year or the next..
    some kind of pass rush then what we have right now babin's age might be a issue but his power and speed are good

vCash
    I have no idea what the cap situation is for next year. I'm sure they doing a lot of thinking.....but can we afford him?
    They brought in/kept a lot of second line players to make the payroll.
    What would be the impact financially?

vCash

Jason Babin - a worthy risk?

Babin and okoye how about them both

vCash
    A key factor we have overlooked is: are we staying with a 4-3 as our primary set? If so then yes to babin plz, a top sack guy in the entire nfl. If we are truly going to a 3-4 then no point at even calling him
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 11-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Far from a reject player, in fact when healthy hes an impact player

Question is, is he healthy enough to be a starter and worth it?

I don't see him being signed but I'm not DA or RM.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Throw Seymour on Season ending Injury Reserve and sign this guy.. seems simple enough but with RM being as conservative as he is its highly unlikely. DA is over his head and has no balls to tell RM otherwise.

vCash
    2013-4.25 million
    2014-6 million
    thats a steal if hes got anything left....his numbers are worth the price tag, I would definetly pick him up off waivers and release some chaff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat:24484280
    Throw Seymour on Season ending Injury Reserve and sign this guy.. seems simple enough but with RM being as conservative as he is its highly unlikely. DA is over his head and has no balls to tell RM otherwise.
    ^this!!! Then move Houston to Dt and babin to the outside and see how that works out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdubbz View Post
    ^this!!! Then move Houston to Dt and babin to the outside and see how that works out.
    I agree the reason this team lacks in sacks is because the DTs (Kelly, Seymour) fail miserably at creating inside pressure. When a team lacks inside pressure an opposing offensive line can easily pull a gaurd to cover a blitzing linebacker or double team the strong side DE. The reason 49ers Aldon Smith is leading the league in sacks is because defensive tackle Justin Smith requires a double team every down by the center and guard which allows for a nightmare head up matchup against a lonely tackle. Moving Lamar Houston to DT with Babin on his outside would bring such an effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    I agree the reason this team lacks in sacks is because the DTs (Kelly, Seymour) fail miserably at creating inside pressure. When a team lacks inside pressure an opposing offensive line can easily pull a gaurd to cover a blitzing linebacker or double team the strong side DE. The reason 49ers Aldon Smith is leading the league in sacks is because defensive tackle Justin Smith requires a double team every down by the center and guard which allows for a nightmare head up matchup against a lonely tackle. Moving Lamar Houston to DT with Babin on his outside would bring such an effect.
    I agree that is what Tommy Kelly was supposed to bring but it's not happening and Seymour is playing hurt between the knees and the hammy he just doesn't have it. I don't think getting him here though has to do with DA not asking it will be more what RM wants to do. RM is trying to structure the payroll to get out of cap hell so that money needs to be accounted for. I like the move but it's definitely an RM call.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    no ty

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast