Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    18,639
    vCash
    1500
    Hell yes.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    unlike your reply
    why I oughta.....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,113
    vCash
    1500
    I would say it depends on his contract... If it's friendly and were sure the calf injury is cool nab him... As others have said he has been good in the 4-3 and we need the help. At least he is quality depth of which we have none now. I'm sure RM and DA are checking it out...


    "The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    828
    vCash
    1500
    If the long term plan is to have him back next year then Yes.........otherwise NO.
    If they do bring him in, then, it's clear that some guys are going.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    Jason babin has been waived per PFT -



    Not too bad a salary going forward. I'd do it. Forget what he's said about Philly fans or whatever...its philly fans.

    What you guys think? Seems possible, but is it logical?

    Do need some pass rush whether it be this year or the next..
    some kind of pass rush then what we have right now babin's age might be a issue but his power and speed are good

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    828
    vCash
    1500
    I have no idea what the cap situation is for next year. I'm sure they doing a lot of thinking.....but can we afford him?
    They brought in/kept a lot of second line players to make the payroll.
    What would be the impact financially?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    1500

    Jason Babin - a worthy risk?

    Babin and okoye how about them both

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,909
    vCash
    1500
    A key factor we have overlooked is: are we staying with a 4-3 as our primary set? If so then yes to babin plz, a top sack guy in the entire nfl. If we are truly going to a 3-4 then no point at even calling him
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 11-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Far from a reject player, in fact when healthy hes an impact player

    Question is, is he healthy enough to be a starter and worth it?

    I don't see him being signed but I'm not DA or RM.
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    414
    vCash
    1500
    Throw Seymour on Season ending Injury Reserve and sign this guy.. seems simple enough but with RM being as conservative as he is its highly unlikely. DA is over his head and has no balls to tell RM otherwise.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,931
    vCash
    1500
    2013-4.25 million
    2014-6 million
    thats a steal if hes got anything left....his numbers are worth the price tag, I would definetly pick him up off waivers and release some chaff

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    217
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat:24484280
    Throw Seymour on Season ending Injury Reserve and sign this guy.. seems simple enough but with RM being as conservative as he is its highly unlikely. DA is over his head and has no balls to tell RM otherwise.
    ^this!!! Then move Houston to Dt and babin to the outside and see how that works out.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdubbz View Post
    ^this!!! Then move Houston to Dt and babin to the outside and see how that works out.
    I agree the reason this team lacks in sacks is because the DTs (Kelly, Seymour) fail miserably at creating inside pressure. When a team lacks inside pressure an opposing offensive line can easily pull a gaurd to cover a blitzing linebacker or double team the strong side DE. The reason 49ers Aldon Smith is leading the league in sacks is because defensive tackle Justin Smith requires a double team every down by the center and guard which allows for a nightmare head up matchup against a lonely tackle. Moving Lamar Houston to DT with Babin on his outside would bring such an effect.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    I agree the reason this team lacks in sacks is because the DTs (Kelly, Seymour) fail miserably at creating inside pressure. When a team lacks inside pressure an opposing offensive line can easily pull a gaurd to cover a blitzing linebacker or double team the strong side DE. The reason 49ers Aldon Smith is leading the league in sacks is because defensive tackle Justin Smith requires a double team every down by the center and guard which allows for a nightmare head up matchup against a lonely tackle. Moving Lamar Houston to DT with Babin on his outside would bring such an effect.
    I agree that is what Tommy Kelly was supposed to bring but it's not happening and Seymour is playing hurt between the knees and the hammy he just doesn't have it. I don't think getting him here though has to do with DA not asking it will be more what RM wants to do. RM is trying to structure the payroll to get out of cap hell so that money needs to be accounted for. I like the move but it's definitely an RM call.


    "The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,844
    vCash
    1500
    no ty

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •