Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    Bring him N y not he wont want us anyways

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Its clear we won't be competing so there isn't much point in signing a player that old.
    That old ? 32 ?

    You're signing him because you think he can give you a boost next season as well. Considering the roster, and the way the defense has performed, it's a no brainer move really. We need every talent we can get, at all defensive positions.

    Especially the line(s).

    13 sacks ALL YEAR ??? Really ?

    Somebody on that line should at least have 5.5 by himself to tie Babin. Yet, nobody is close to it. We need depth and talent. Babin provides that and is a veteran.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    Babin > Tollefson

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Babin > Tollefson
    Babin's a good investment for bad teams who are trying to improve via proven veterans. The price is reasonable on him. Very manageable contract this year and next.

    Get it done Reggie.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Babin's a good investment for bad teams who are trying to improve via proven veterans. The price is reasonable on him. Very manageable contract this year and next.

    Get it done Reggie.
    I think he would be great going into next year especially with the rest of this year learning the playbook etc etc. i think it would be a very positve move that would help us out in the years to come.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,365
    vCash
    500
    Babins one year removed from a 18 sack season. He has 5.5 sacks this year. Keep in mind he changed d coordinators midseason. Also his old d coordinator used to be a offensive line coach. Release guys on d Lik Kelly Seymour McClain. Bringing in Babin will also help guys like bidkudkelieleleili(spelling?). He can still get 10 sacks a season as well.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,230
    vCash
    1500
    Get him. Because that means one closer to getting rid of Kelly and Seymour and moving Houston inside

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,230
    vCash
    1500
    And we beg for a pass rush.. Getting him is an INSTANT upgrade. Pretty cheap and most Defiently not a reject

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    1,503
    vCash
    1500
    Unless we claim him off waivers, which will cost us. He's going to a contender. Why would he come to a loosing team. We need to save the money and go after players that fit our scheme. In the off season, this yr season is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Babins one year removed from a 18 sack season. He has 5.5 sacks this year. Keep in mind he changed d coordinators midseason. Also his old d coordinator used to be a offensive line coach. Release guys on d Lik Kelly Seymour McClain. Bringing in Babin will also help guys like bidkudkelieleleili(spelling?). He can still get 10 sacks a season as well.
    I'd also add that he had 12 1/2 sacks the year prior....So two solid years.

    Keep in mind a calf injury kept him out of training camp and preseason. So he had as much work as Aaron Curry got before the season started.

    Reggie's gotta get him & the chance should be there. We'll see.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,256
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree , he is not what we need. He was a better player when he was in Tenn.NOPE, I would not try to build this team with guys like him. He is not the answer also.

    I suggest we wait for the draft and free agency in June and July.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,515
    vCash
    1500
    IMO if a player of that caliber is available we start building now.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,256
    vCash
    1500

    Jason Babin - a worthy risk?

    He was waived for a reason. It's not because they wanted to give the young guys an opportunity , because that is BS. His presence was not making a difference in Philly.
    He is not the player you think he is.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,910
    vCash
    1500
    Too late. Jags got him, we were next on the list. 8 teams placed a claim on him. Apparently his contract wasn't too costly.

    I really wanted him on this team.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    He was waived for a reason. It's not because they wanted to give the young guys an opportunity , because that is BS. His presence was not making a difference in Philly.
    He is not the player you think he is.
    But how many of their "dream team" talent has been making a difference in Philly? I think their problems go deeper than individual players. It's organizational. I think Babin is still good, but that team is poison right now.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •