Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Jason Babin - a worthy risk?

Jason babin has been waived per PFT -

NFL spokesman Randall Liu has tweeted the top 12 on the priority list: 1. Chiefs; 2. Jaguars; 3. Eagles; 4. Raiders; 5. Browns; 6. Panthers, 7. Chargers; 8. Bills; 9. Titans; 10. Lions; 11. Cardinals; and 12. Jets.

Babin, who entered the league in 2004 as a first-round pick of the Texans, will draw the interest of teams with 4-3 defenses that may be looking for a relatively inexpensive pass-rushing punch. Though he had only 5.5 sacks this year, which possibly was fueled by a calf injury that caused him to miss most of training camp and the preseason, Babin has shown that he can get after quarterbacks — especially via the “wide nine” defensive line formation.

Last year, the first of his second tour with the Eagles, Babin had 18.0 sacks.
    Not too bad a salary going forward. I'd do it. Forget what he's said about Philly fans or whatever...its philly fans.

What you guys think? Seems possible, but is it logical?

Do need some pass rush whether it be this year or the next..

vCash
    couldnt hurt obviously he can get to the QB which seems like something the raiders havent done much of all year..

vCash
    I think Reggie should do it.
    For the production he's had as a pass-rusher and the contract not being tooo heavy I'd do it.

Doubt it happens because Reggie wants 'good-guys' in here lol smfh

vCash

vCash
    No. We don't need any more reject players and wasting money. Ride out the rest of the season and save $$$ for GOOD players.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I dont know if I would call him a reject player. He was not getting along with philly but this guy has been a outstanding defensive weapon. I would welcome him, a position of definite need

vCash
    too add to that he would be our best player on the entire team possibly. Deff. on our defense. Ya he has had a rough year only 5.5 sacks, but news flash: our team has what like 12 total?

I would love this signing the more I think about it, one of our many needs, a proven player with years left

We only will have so many draft picks to try and clot the bleeding going into next year

vCash
    [QUOTE=HawaiiStyle;24481930]too add to that he would be our best player on the entire team possibly. Deff. on our defense. Ya he has had a rough year only 5.5 sacks, but news flash: our team has what like 12 total?

I would love this signing the more I think about it, one of our many needs, a proven player with years left

We only will have so many draft picks to try and clot the bleeding going into next year[/QUOTE

succinct and to the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    succinct and to the point.
    unlike your reply
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    unlike your reply
    why I oughta.....

vCash
    He's gotta be more productive than Andre Carter has been thus far.

vCash
    If for debth and a 1 year minimum deal then I'm all in, anything more than that would be a huge gamble for a injury prone, 32 year old player, who is liable against the run.

vCash
    Far from a reject player, in fact when healthy hes an impact player
    [

vCash
    No, don't grab him on the waiver wire, unless Reggie contacts him and Babin expresses an interest in playing in Oakland - and even then, it seems like a bad idea.

Claiming him off waivers means you claim his entire contract; that means the Raiders are on the hook for the entire duration and compensation of his remaining years. The hell with that.

If he clears waivers, yes - he'd be an excellent addition. Otherwise, it's not worth it, IMO, to grab him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Far from a reject player, in fact when healthy hes an impact player

Question is, is he healthy enough to be a starter and worth it?

I don't see him being signed but I'm not DA or RM.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast