Why do people say Biggio is boderline for the hof? how is he not looked at as an absolute lock? Here's why he SHOULD be a lock IMO.
* From '91-2001 he had a line of .296, .390 OBP, .448 SLG, 124 OPS+.
* 32nd ALLTIME in Runs created
* Bill james ranked him as the 35th best player ALL TIME and as the 5th best 2nd basemen of ALL TIME (obviously not an up to date list, but obviously it cant be too old) and even compared his peak to griffey..
(Not to say James opinion is the end all to be all...But he is very well respected among Baseball.)
* Not a huge fan of counting stats, but for what its worth – he is the only player in history to have 3000 hits, 600 doubles, 400 stolen bases, and 250 home runs.
* Runs – Biggio is currently 15th on the all time list of runs scored in the majors. Again – the top 30 are in the Hall, except A-Rod and Jeter, and the usual suspects – Bonds and Rose.
So, like I said...I'd like to hear how he is "boerderline"? I just don't see it.
I also know people will be curious why I didn't put this in the HOF topic, But I wanted too talk strictly Biggio...But if a mod feels the need to move it I understand.