2. The Giants weren't really that great, just got hot at the right time
3. The Giants and Redskins didn't play in a championship game
4. VPI didn't just lose to Clemson. The scored 13 points total in two games against a bad defense, and were dominated.
Some big differences in those scenarios, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. Logan Thomas for Heisman!
Also, LOL at the continuous Logan Thomas bashing. You should be thankful he's our QB, because it's about time VT stopped pounding on you guys. Before last season, we hadn't lost to Clemson since 1989.
It isn't homerism to go 2-0 against a team and beat them in a conference championship game. That's domination buddy.
Logan Thomas is garbage. I told you he was garbage before this season. The people who projected him as a first round pick were complete fools. He's inept.
Clemson and VT only played 5 times between 1990 and 2010, so we've beaten you almost as many times in two years as you beat us in twenty. Congrats. Clemson is also 20-12-1 against VT all-time, so you don't even have the historical argument going for you.
Yeah, the stuff that happened before Frank Beamer is really relevant. Especially all those games from the 1930's and 50's. You weren't even alive in 1989. Virginia Tech has as many ACC Championships in their 9 seasons in the ACC as Clemson has had in their past 25.
Winning head to head=/=being the better team. And if giving up 61 points in two games in 2011 is being dominated, WVU must have just murdered Clemson by putting up 70 in one game.
Also, I would be shocked if Jordan isn't taken in round one. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but pass-rushers with his length and athleticism don't fall to the 2nd round usually. He also has a good motor and has shown the ability to drop in coverage. He will probably be a top 15 pick.
Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011
I haven't looked at this thread in a couple of days. What the hell happened in here?
I guess to address a couple of concerns I've read quickly:
1. Teams just don't build around ILBs anymore IMO. Te'o will go in the top 10 and I easily could've slotted him higher, and wouldn't be surprised if he does go higher. I just think most of the teams at the top are desperate for pass rushers, like the Jets.
2. If Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder can go in the 1st half of Rd 1 then Bray easily can IMO. His arm talent is far superior to any of those 3 IMO.
3. For the most part I try to stick to BPA(see the Bray pick for when I don't). I know not all teams draft that way, but that is how I lean. I tend to stay away from positional value. That is why you see some guys like Lewan, Jordan, etc (guys that are popularly projected as 1st Rd picks) in Rd 2.
eagles wont draft OG in the 2nd. They need a safety. OT 1st round. Eagles when healthy are fine at guard. Herrmans is right now the RT. But he is at his best at guard. they also used a 1st in 2011 on a guard.
Program history is program history. Not sure why Clemson's history is dictated by Beamer's timeline.
Winning twice in dominating fashion is easily a statement of superiority. Winning one close game, sure, maybe the worse team won. But Clemson smacked the **** out of VPI twice in one year. Clemson was better.
WVU did murder Clemson, don't think you'll ever find me argue against that.
Baylor beat K State this year in dominating fashion. Would you say Baylor is a better team than K State? Should they be ranked higher?
I predict the Ravens will trade up for Te'o
No Tavon in the first 2 rounds?