Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,821
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    ^^^^nymfan crushed you dude you basically were done when u brought up acc championships

    dont worry cuse coming to take everybodys cookies next year
    Syracuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    We also didn't lose 31-17 to Georgia Tech, or 37-13 to NC State. Or give up 70 points in our bowl game.
    But you lost to Clemson. Twice. In dominating fashion.





  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    But you lost to Clemson. Twice. In dominating fashion.
    Because the Redskins last year were better than the Giants (they went 2-0 against them).

    Right.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,821
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Because the Redskins last year were better than the Giants (they went 2-0 against them).

    Right.
    1. Comparing CFB to the NFL is laughable
    2. The Giants weren't really that great, just got hot at the right time
    3. The Giants and Redskins didn't play in a championship game
    4. VPI didn't just lose to Clemson. The scored 13 points total in two games against a bad defense, and were dominated.

    Some big differences in those scenarios, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. Logan Thomas for Heisman!





  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    1. Comparing CFB to the NFL is laughable
    2. The Giants weren't really that great, just got hot at the right time
    3. The Giants and Redskins didn't play in a championship game
    4. VPI didn't just lose to Clemson. The scored 13 points total in two games against a bad defense, and were dominated.

    Some big differences in those scenarios, but I wouldn't expect you to understand. Logan Thomas for Heisman!
    You're right, I don't understand terrible logic. Sorry that the entire system of college football voting disagrees with your homerism.

    Also, LOL at the continuous Logan Thomas bashing. You should be thankful he's our QB, because it's about time VT stopped pounding on you guys. Before last season, we hadn't lost to Clemson since 1989.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,821
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    You're right, I don't understand terrible logic. Sorry that the entire system of college football voting disagrees with your homerism.

    Also, LOL at the continuous Logan Thomas bashing. You should be thankful he's our QB, because it's about time VT stopped pounding on you guys. Before last season, we hadn't lost to Clemson since 1989.
    As if CFB polls are infallible or something, that's great.

    It isn't homerism to go 2-0 against a team and beat them in a conference championship game. That's domination buddy.

    Logan Thomas is garbage. I told you he was garbage before this season. The people who projected him as a first round pick were complete fools. He's inept.

    Clemson and VT only played 5 times between 1990 and 2010, so we've beaten you almost as many times in two years as you beat us in twenty. Congrats. Clemson is also 20-12-1 against VT all-time, so you don't even have the historical argument going for you.





  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    As if CFB polls are infallible or something, that's great.

    It isn't homerism to go 2-0 against a team and beat them in a conference championship game. That's domination buddy.

    Logan Thomas is garbage. I told you he was garbage before this season. The people who projected him as a first round pick were complete fools. He's inept.

    Clemson and VT only played 5 times between 1990 and 2010, so we've beaten you almost as many times in two years as you beat us in twenty. Congrats. Clemson is also 20-12-1 against VT all-time, so you don't even have the historical argument going for you.
    As if some 19 year old knows better than everyone else, that's great

    Yeah, the stuff that happened before Frank Beamer is really relevant. Especially all those games from the 1930's and 50's. You weren't even alive in 1989. Virginia Tech has as many ACC Championships in their 9 seasons in the ACC as Clemson has had in their past 25.

    Winning head to head=/=being the better team. And if giving up 61 points in two games in 2011 is being dominated, WVU must have just murdered Clemson by putting up 70 in one game.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    No way Te'o falls that far.
    It really isn't that insane to project him there. There have been very few inside linebackers selected before the 10th pick in recent memory, and Te'o doesn't have great athleticism.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Also, I would be shocked if Jordan isn't taken in round one. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but pass-rushers with his length and athleticism don't fall to the 2nd round usually. He also has a good motor and has shown the ability to drop in coverage. He will probably be a top 15 pick.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,550
    vCash
    1275


    I haven't looked at this thread in a couple of days. What the hell happened in here?

    I guess to address a couple of concerns I've read quickly:

    1. Teams just don't build around ILBs anymore IMO. Te'o will go in the top 10 and I easily could've slotted him higher, and wouldn't be surprised if he does go higher. I just think most of the teams at the top are desperate for pass rushers, like the Jets.

    2. If Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder can go in the 1st half of Rd 1 then Bray easily can IMO. His arm talent is far superior to any of those 3 IMO.

    3. For the most part I try to stick to BPA(see the Bray pick for when I don't). I know not all teams draft that way, but that is how I lean. I tend to stay away from positional value. That is why you see some guys like Lewan, Jordan, etc (guys that are popularly projected as 1st Rd picks) in Rd 2.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500
    eagles wont draft OG in the 2nd. They need a safety. OT 1st round. Eagles when healthy are fine at guard. Herrmans is right now the RT. But he is at his best at guard. they also used a 1st in 2011 on a guard.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,821
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    As if some 19 year old knows better than everyone else, that's great

    Yeah, the stuff that happened before Frank Beamer is really relevant. Especially all those games from the 1930's and 50's. You weren't even alive in 1989. Virginia Tech has as many ACC Championships in their 9 seasons in the ACC as Clemson has had in their past 25.

    Winning head to head=/=being the better team. And if giving up 61 points in two games in 2011 is being dominated, WVU must have just murdered Clemson by putting up 70 in one game.
    Are you really going to argue the infallibility of the polls? Do you really think Kent State is the #17 team in the country, or ever was at any point in this season? I sure as hell do not.

    Program history is program history. Not sure why Clemson's history is dictated by Beamer's timeline.

    Winning twice in dominating fashion is easily a statement of superiority. Winning one close game, sure, maybe the worse team won. But Clemson smacked the **** out of VPI twice in one year. Clemson was better.

    WVU did murder Clemson, don't think you'll ever find me argue against that.





  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Are you really going to argue the infallibility of the polls? Do you really think Kent State is the #17 team in the country, or ever was at any point in this season? I sure as hell do not.

    Program history is program history. Not sure why Clemson's history is dictated by Beamer's timeline.

    Winning twice in dominating fashion is easily a statement of superiority. Winning one close game, sure, maybe the worse team won. But Clemson smacked the **** out of VPI twice in one year. Clemson was better.

    WVU did murder Clemson, don't think you'll ever find me argue against that.
    Comparing the situation for Kent State to a major school in a major conference is ridiculous. Kent State was ranked because at some point, the voters figured a 1 loss team was better than the 4 and 5 loss teams that are everywhere this year.

    Baylor beat K State this year in dominating fashion. Would you say Baylor is a better team than K State? Should they be ranked higher?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    vCash
    1500
    I predict the Ravens will trade up for Te'o

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,638
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I tried to keep explanations short. If you want further explanation just ask.
    I love the Margus Hunt pick for SF in the second round, but if the draft fell the way you have it, I'd like SF to take Louis Nix with the first round pick. The 49ers top 2 NTs are both free agents at the end of the year and Nix would be an upgrade over both. Then, take Hunt in the 2nd round to get developed behind Justin Smith for a couple of years.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,151
    vCash
    1500
    No Tavon in the first 2 rounds?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •