Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

preventitive breast removal

I think this belongs here

Does anyone have insight into this procedure. It seems rather drastic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2158834.html
    Last edited by ewing; 11-30-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think this belongs here

Does anyone have insight into this procedure. It seems rather drastic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2158834.html
    What do you want to know? They remove the breast tissue and insert implants to make it look right.

If I said you had a 75% chance of getting ball cancer what would do? Take the boys and put in some neuticles is what I would do and I would probably up the size just for funsies.

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    What do you want to know? They remove the breast tissue and insert implants to make it look right.

If I said you had a 75% chance of getting ball cancer what would do? Take the boys and put in some neuticles is what I would do and I would probably up the size just for funsies.

I'd wonder if that was true and try to confrim it befroe chopping my balls off. I'd also want to know what else i might be in store for now that i don't have balls. when i saw this i looked it up and there seemed to be some debate on how likely it was that this women would get cancer. How concrete are the predictors? Are there a lot people with very high probability? if you are this sure someone will get cancer could early detection be seen as a better option? Is there a debate on this? Is it commen to do this etc

I know that certain types of cancer run in my family but i never heard figures as to how likely me or my brother were to get skin or lung cancer.

Other interesting info someone more familiar with this might have.
    Last edited by ewing; 11-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'd wonder if that was true and try to confrim it befroe chopping my balls off. I'd also want to know what else i might be in store for now that i don't have balls. when i saw this i looked it up and there seemed to be some debate on how likely it was that this women would get cancer. How concrete are the predictors? Are there a lot people with very high probability? if you are this sure someone will get cancer could early detection be seen as a better option? Is there a debate on this? Is it commen to do this etc

I know that certain types of cancer run in my family but i never heard figures as to how likely me or my brother were to get skin or lung cancer.

Other interesting info someone more familiar with this might have.
    Predictors are different for each cancer. They have certain mutations that can vary but with breast cancer more is known since its widely studied and their are known mutations that lead to a higher risk.

The opposite is prostate cancer. The trend now is to wait and see since its a slow progressing cancer that can be monitored.

Genetic mutation screenings are becoming more common and in probably 10-20 years it will be the norm.

As far as preventive surgeries are concerned it normally comes down to risk vs reward and how much it alters your life. The side effects of removing a tissue can be drastically different. Removing the breast is drastic but given the type of aggressive cancer that forms there and the aggressive treatments for it (which can cause Leukima) its the safiest way with certain mutations. Of course it all comes down to personal choice which was hers all along.

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Predictors are different for each cancer. They have certain mutations that can vary but with breast cancer more is known since its widely studied and their are known mutations that lead to a higher risk.

The opposite is prostate cancer. The trend now is to wait and see since its a slow progressing cancer that can be monitored.

Genetic mutation screenings are becoming more common and in probably 10-20 years it will be the norm.

As far as preventive surgeries are concerned it normally comes down to risk vs reward and how much it alters your life. The side effects of removing a tissue can be drastically different. Removing the breast is drastic but given the type of aggressive cancer that forms there and the aggressive treatments for it (which can cause Leukima) its the safiest way with certain mutations. Of course it all comes down to personal choice which was hers all along.

Thanks that helped. I think i'll look into the mutations. This really isn't my thing, so i have no background but i found it interesting. Thanks again