Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Coursera

vCash

Coursera

Anyone use coursera.com? Essentially it offers free online college courses from a variety of very prestigious schools both nationally and internationally (like John's Hopkins, Princeton, Stanford, University of Edinburgh, EPFL etc.).

I just signed up for Introduction to Astronomy, which started today. Figured it was something I never got the chance to actually take in college, and something I'd love to learn more about. I'm kinda excited to see how it goes. It's starts today and is taught Ronen Plesser, a physicist from Duke. I also registered for Think Again: How to Reason and Argue.

There are all sorts of courses from fields in biology, medicine, computer science, law, social sciences and so on. I'm gonna take a stab at Game Theory, Small Introduction to Guitar and perhaps a few neuroscience courses, since that's the field I work in and only have limited formal education in.

Anyone take on classes on it? Looks like a good/fun resource for fledgling nerds like myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Anyone use coursera.com? Essentially it offers free online college courses from a variety of very prestigious schools both nationally and internationally (like John's Hopkins, Princeton, Stanford, University of Edinburgh, EPFL etc.).

I just signed up for Introduction to Astronomy, which started today. Figured it was something I never got the chance to actually take in college, and something I'd love to learn more about. I'm kinda excited to see how it goes. It's starts today and is taught Ronen Plesser, a physicist from Duke. I also registered for Think Again: How to Reason and Argue.

There are all sorts of courses from fields in biology, medicine, computer science, law, social sciences and so on. I'm gonna take a stab at Game Theory, Small Introduction to Guitar and perhaps a few neuroscience courses, since that's the field I work in and only have limited formal education in.

Anyone take on classes on it? Looks like a good/fun resource for fledgling nerds like myself.
    It's great. I don't complete the course work because I don't need it but I do sign up to these classes to access some their class resources.

I like their philosophy of science/mathematics courses because it gives me a chance to dabble in something I wasn't given a chance to in undergraduate studies.

vCash
    I signed up for an organic chemistry and an analytical chemistry class, but the date has yet to be determined. I'm really excited for it, though, and I'm happy to hear good reviews thus far.

Coursera strikes me as a mini modern Renaissance.

vCash
    This is awesome. I am was planning to take some community college classes with computer programming. I still may, but this should help me quite a bit.