Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    pau should be benched and come in as a reserve for howard. he's not a PF
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    because he averaged 19 and 11 and 18 and 11 in his "poor" last two seasons, and he is averaging like 12 and 8 now.

If you cant see how it is affecting his game .....
    Dont really think the tendenitis is affecting him too much. Pau's been a shadow of himself since the 2011 Playoffs. Hes the big reason the Lakers got swept by Dallas and he has been unable to find his usual form since. From 08-10, he played great. He has been nowhere neat that level since then. He essentially declined over night. One thing is for certain, if he cannot get his act together and get back to being a major contributor on this team, he has no chance at staying a Lakers passed this season. Which is really a shame because he brought so much for the organization and instantly made them favorites since the day he arrived. He deserves better than to get traded, but at the same time, the Lakers deserve much more from him then what they are getting.

The ball is in Pau's court. He either steps up his game, or hes gone. Its that simple.

mamba24 Guest
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ndinitis-knees

I see no benefit on having him play at half health, also jamison is stepping it up.

And if he is not traded we need pau 100% come playoffs time.

sure tendinitis dont seem like much of a risk, but if he does not take a rest it may become worse.

Opinions?
    I'll bet if it was a real problem they would sit him down. In Pau's case I think it is a combo of the pace being a little faster than he is conditioned for and that he is a p u $ $ y

vCash
    Apparently he has problems in his elbow too.

Just ****ing rest him for a month!!!!!

vCash
    He can't move out there. He can't jump at all anymore. He needs to sit.

vCash
    He should absolutely sit. People on here who are saying gasol's tendinitis is not affecting his play that much are clearly not watching him play. He has no lift whatsoever, no explosiveness, and his first step is very slow. This is not due to age, you can see he is moving around like a player who is hurt. Gasol is playing at around 50% right now and he might as well sit and recover. 2 weeks should do it. This team is playing at slightly above 500 basketball since firing brown, we can continue you to do that without gasol, no need to have his condition get worst. Just because Kobe plays through injuries does not mean gasol should. Kobe's ability to play at a high level with major injuries is unmatched and no player in the history of the game has come close to doing that. It's unrealistic to expect gasol to do the something similar to kobe just because they are teammates. Gasol should sit and come back when he is healthy.

vCash
    Pau should sit...but he knows he is getting all the criticism right now. I think he wants to keep playing because he knows he may lose his starting spot in D'Antoni's system. I don't think there is trust amongst D'Antoni in the locker room...and it is starting to reveal itself. In a normal team concept...a player of Pau's ability is allowed to rest and heal...the teammates carry the load until he can return to full strength...but now, the Lakers are losing...ALL BETS ARE OFF.

vCash
    Really Pau needs to go on a vacation to rest and find his mojo.

vCash
    Sitting Pau may provide a one way ticket out of town. The front office will see that Jamison and Hill will make up and more for Pau for less money he will be out.

This is a great idea and hope it happens to show everyone we don't need him. Then get some solid pieces in return and get back to championship level.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Initially I thought no. But now, I'd say yes. I don't know what it is but something is definitely wrong with him. If it's an injury then play until you're going to give it your all.

If nothing is wrong physically, then we have a real problem. He is regressing rapidly if that's the case.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Sitting Pau may provide a one way ticket out of town. The front office will see that Jamison and Hill will make up and more for Pau for less money he will be out.

This is a great idea and hope it happens to show everyone we don't need him. Then get some solid pieces in return and get back to championship level.
    yeah cause we traded kobe away when he didnt play in the last few seasons and we have very positive records...

vCash
    yeah cause we traded kobe away when he didnt play in the last few seasons and we have very positive records...

Positive records don't equate to championships just ask OKC and the Spurs the last 5 years.

Kobe is still a superior player to Pau in this stage of his career which is quite sad. The difference is his work ethic and desire to win. Pau should have gone down as one of the greats but the last 2 years or so has not helped his case. Don't get me wrong Pau was a beast the 1st three years with the Lakers and I cannot explain what has happened to the Spaniard.

Don't compare Pau to Kobe because its not even close. Kobe is still a top 10 player right now and Pau would be lucky to crack the top 30-40 right now and that is the sad truth.
    Last edited by Swift Game; 12-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    [/IMG]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123