Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500

    Jason Babin claimed by Jaguars (Post #38)

    Philly released DE Jason Babin today, he could be a big boost for our awful pass rush and we are second on the claim list.

    with a relatively cheap contract for a couple more years for a former 18 sack man from a year ago i think we should take this opportunity to improve the team even though we are FAR from contention this year

    what do you guys think

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    1500
    Without a doubt gene better sign him

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Without a doubt gene better sign him
    eh hes not that good. the only defensive linescheme he can play is the 9 wide. no thanks.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    1500
    If we can get Babin for a few years we can go a dif. route in the draft other than DE. Jones, Lotulelie, Milliner, or Warmack if we cant get help on the oline in free agency.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,948
    vCash
    500
    Yeah because the other guys we have are sooooo much better than him

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500
    im not gonna lie the only thing i knew about babin was his stat line, i hear alot of philly fans hate this guy because he has bad character and bad against the run, but then again their team is playing awful and philly isnt the most supportive fan base for a struggling team.

    so pretty much im not taking their criticism that seriously, and we are so weak at DE i think we need to explore this option

    but then again i really want bjoern werner in the draft sooo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    eh hes not that good. the only defensive linescheme he can play is the 9 wide. no thanks.
    Hes only had 36 sacks in the last not even 3 years. Yeah he sucks, he cant rush the passer at all which is what we lack.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully they release Trent Cole too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Hopefully they release Trent Cole too.
    id like adding him but Babins 3 best years came from playing in a 9 wide scheme all under washburn which means no thanks. sure hes been productive but hes no better than Chick or selvie at this point.

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,948
    vCash
    500
    yeah ok....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    id like adding him but Babins 3 best years came from playing in a 9 wide scheme all under washburn which means no thanks. sure hes been productive but hes no better than Chick or selvie at this point.
    that is quite the statement to make.. im not saying he is a pro bowl DE if he comes to jacksonville but he should be our best DE if he comes but more likely our #2 behind mincey

    to say that he is on the same level as chick and selvie is just false

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    id like adding him but Babins 3 best years came from playing in a 9 wide scheme all under washburn which means no thanks. sure hes been productive but hes no better than Chick or selvie at this point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_i91 View Post
    that is quite the statement to make.. im not saying he is a pro bowl DE if he comes to jacksonville but he should be our best DE if he comes but more likely our #2 behind mincey

    to say that he is on the same level as chick and selvie is just false
    idk if u noticed this bro but whenever chick comes into the game our pass rush becomes alot better and this happens with mincey moving to UT. Mincey is better at DT than DE.

    if i had to choose between paying babin millions or Chick and selvie half of that or so id take chick and selvie

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    idk if u noticed this bro but whenever chick comes into the game our pass rush becomes alot better and this happens with mincey moving to UT. Mincey is better at DT than DE.

    if i had to choose between paying babin millions or Chick and selvie half of that or so id take chick and selvie
    dont get me wrong i like chick hes a good DE to have in on obvious passing situations but babin has the skill set to be a DE on every down

    i wouldnt mind paying a couple mill to upgrade a bad DE group

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,872
    vCash
    1500
    we were are talking gene smith being our GM. why expect us to sign this guy. u know gene only signs scrubs

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •