Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,117
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    ...and when they leave us high and dry with nothing? There's a reason no other teams do what you're saying. The stars have all the power, that's just the way things are today.
    The Lakers most likely will get a year out of Dwight Howard. He is far from a lock to sign there.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,168
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The Lakers most likely will get a year out of Dwight Howard. He is far from a lock to sign there.
    Dwight at least said he would go to the Lakers. That's the difference. There was literally no chance Brooklyn could acquire him and he changed his tune and okay'd LA. Their situation was a bit different too, Bynum was a free agent after this year too. No risk for them.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,117
    vCash
    1500
    Look all I am saying is the same formula that we have been using of getting players and then staying stagnant hasn't been working. At some point we are just going to have to try something new because it isn't working.

    Lats year weather we had our best shot or not injuries are apart of the game. It is a new year now and it most likely won't our year this year either. Something is going to have to change I pray that it isn't 2014 and the pipe dream scenario.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    What i've been saying as well. Fans get too worked up expecting things to click right away which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and thus jump into illogical conclusions.
    this from the guy who said this (in reference to the "this team is better than last years team" thread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    It's been 2 games with a team that has a bunch of new players who have not fully established chemistry yet. They are only going to get better as they get more comfortable playing with each other yet they already look good right now hence the excitement.
    ugh... you were one of those who jumped to illogical conclusions and now you want to play both sides of the fence. First you not only compare the teams you secondly proclaim this ones superiority on paper(in previous posts that are now unobtainable), and then say this as well on the "team better than last year" thread. The only people getting worked up about this team being mediocre are the ones who thought it would be better than last years group, so dont suddenly distance yourself from the ones you helped excite. not trying to start anything just stating the truth, and also wondering what you meant exactly by your "What i've been saying as well. Fans get too worked up expecting things to click right away which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and thus jump into illogical conclusions" comment when you contributed greatly to the initial excitement.

    anyway, while I agree with Lu about not comparing the teams, I dont really see this team getting much better than it is currently. We arent really built around Rose like the last team was. while we have potentially better options for rose to drive and kick to, but our defense has fallen so flat that its honestly hard to believe. I do disagree with Lu about the Bench mob struggling similarly to this one, but all in all even with Rose back I see us as a 3rd-4th-or 5th seed. I will say that Jo has shown flashes of greatness this year but overall were pretty mediocre. hopefully Boozer can keep making himself look possibly tradeable tho lol
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 11-27-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typos... i hate them

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,222
    vCash
    1800
    Deng could plead all he wants but our biggest strengths last year was depth and continuity and we don't have that this year. We're not as good defensively, our spacing isn't as good, we're practically playing with no backup center. Our depth...or effective depth is just not there. That won't change until hopefully next year. Rose will bring some excitement when he comes back but we have no shot making a deep run this year.

    In hindsight since this is a punted season the bulls should have left kirk alone, kept korver and started teague. Get him some time and maybe even give him some trade value. End up with a worse record but better pick and try to put it together next season. I was against this idea over the summer but would definitely go that route now.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    7,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by emberblaze77 View Post
    this from the guy who said this (in reference to the "this team is better than last years team" thread)...



    ugh... you were one of those who jumped to illogical conclusions and now you want to play both sides of the fence. First you not only compare the teams you secondly proclaim this ones superiority on paper(in previous posts that are now unobtainable), and then say this as well on the "team better than last year" thread. The only people getting worked up about this team being mediocre are the ones who thought it would be better than last years group, so dont suddenly distance yourself from the ones you helped excite. not trying to start anything just stating the truth, and also wondering what you meant exactly by your "What i've been saying as well. Fans get too worked up expecting things to click right away which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and thus jump into illogical conclusions" comment when you contributed greatly to the initial excitement.

    anyway, while I agree with Lu about not comparing the teams, I dont really see this team getting much better than it is currently. We arent really built around Rose like the last team was. while we have potentially better options for rose to drive and kick to, but our defense has fallen so flat that its honestly hard to believe. I do disagree with Lu about the Bench mob struggling similarly to this one, but all in all even with Rose back I see us as a 3rd-4th-or 5th seed. I will say that Jo has shown flashes of greatness this year but overall were pretty mediocre. hopefully Boozer can keep making himself look possibly tradeable tho lol
    ugh, another example of why americans can't comprehend what was said/typed.

    anyway, as you quoted my post was that you can't get all worked up after so little has been done (still only 13 games). Seriously the last bench mob looked ****ING TERRIBLE when they first started off. What happened? They became one of the best benches in the league cuz they worked out their kinks. It took a couple months, the beginning was NOT pretty. whether it is 2 games or 13, it still hasn't even been a month yet (with only 6 returning players) and people like you are already *****ing and can't comprehend what you read still? I mean seriously Wow. Such a wrong way to try to make your point dude. You probably don't remember when the first 'bench mob' was assembled due, that is the problem. There are no quick fixes that occur in not even a month. It won't be that great next week either, cuz again it takes time but yet ppl like you are still going to ***** cuz again, somehow you think the pieces should all just fit together and flow smoothly right away. This isn't a video game dude, need to wake up and realize that.

    I am still excited for this team fyi. I still think this team is better on paper and will be better given some time. But again I knew it was going to take time to fully mesh, (again you definitly forgot the struggle the first bench mob went thru for you to even bring it up in such wrong context) so hence I'm not panicking. I do admit the loss to the Bucks was horrible (you don't blow a 27 pt lead at home late in the 3rd and up 17 in the 4th no matter who you are), but I'm not panicking like some are. You really do need to learn to understand what ppl say and write dude cuz look back at my posts and where the **** was I ever panicking? I don't care what other ppl do/say, just tell me where I personally went against my word.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 11-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    20,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Look all I am saying is the same formula that we have been using of getting players and then staying stagnant hasn't been working. At some point we are just going to have to try something new because it isn't working.

    Lats year weather we had our best shot or not injuries are apart of the game. It is a new year now and it most likely won't our year this year either. Something is going to have to change I pray that it isn't 2014 and the pipe dream scenario.
    Injuries are a legitimate excuse when your star PG and starting center get hurt. I don't know what you necessarily expected out of a team missing arguably its two best players.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Even with Rose though what is the out come going to be? He can't do everything and Miami has proved that they can take us in a best of 7 series and that is who we need to get passed. I don't care about the division or making the playoffs every year. We have to structure our team to beat Miami in the playoffs. That doesn't mean keep signing bench players and veterans on 1-2 year deals and pray that Thibs defense and Derrick Rose can carry the load.
    yea i agree

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    What stars have we missed out on because we didn't want to trade our guys?

    Pau? We were interested in him, price was way too high.
    Kobe? Didn't want to come here unless Deng was here, Lakers were demanding Lu.
    Melo? Didn't want to come here, what has New York done with him?
    Dwight? Didn't want to come here.

    This team got one real shot at winning, we were robbed last year to injuries.
    All of them because we wanted to keep role players around.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,168
    vCash
    500
    JB, you're delusional.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NW Suburbs of Chicago
    Posts
    2,865
    vCash
    1500
    Does anyone know the Family Guy reference of Buzz Killington? You know, how he makes all the characters facepalm/stroke their nose and sigh in frustration after he rambles? That's what I'm doing right now.

    Wow. Come on guys. We are really going to take this route, AGAIN? Our front office hasn't and doesn't settle. If you think otherwise then you need to get your facts straight and learn how events played out in reality. It's a franchise, a business, not some video game roster where things happen simply because you want them to.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    He's correct, this isn't the same bunch and there will be struggles, but to blow a 27 point lead, at home, is unacceptable. I don't give a damn what the circumstances are.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,041
    vCash
    1500
    Idk Deng hasn't been as productive as I thought he would...

    I thought Tom would give Deng more of a playmaking role so when Rose does come back Deng is never uncomfortable handling and playmaking with Rose on the floor
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    37,594
    vCash
    3109
    Typical Chicago fans. I'm surprised JB hasn't pulled a MJB yet.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NW Suburbs of Chicago
    Posts
    2,865
    vCash
    1500
    Last night's game just strengthened my point. Ya'll need to chill out, our guys will get rest as will Deng and our bench is going to produce nicely. When Rose comes back, each and every teammate of his becomes more deadly. When we capitalize on turnovers, make shots, hit free throws, crash the boards and get stops I still think we are a 50 win team. When we employ a combination of those things we can win.

    It's all about getting the W; something our current personnel up an down is very accustomed to doing. Our new team is starting to establish chemistry. It takes a while. But in the process anyone can step up. We got some very good minutes out of our bench last night. I can't wait to see how our positions blossom later this season. "Prime" Kirk/Nate/Drose/Beli/Butler/Deng/Noah/Rip/Taj/Boozer is ****ing scary. (By prime I mean healthy, productive, etc)
    Last edited by xxcubs22xx; 11-29-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •