Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's a shame, too. I really thought we would have been able to beat the Heat last year had Rose stayed healthy.

vCash
    I understand what Deng is saying but the guy played 47 minutes yesterday and while we had a 27 point lead he did nothing to stop them or even helped our cause by scoring. The bench outside of Nate isn't great, but this is why I said signing Taj for the amount he got was terrible. And frankly speaking he took us out of signing anyone legit in 2014. Bulls management is a disgrace. We sign these mediocore players for 8-10 million and give them the high end of the spectrum and refuse to trade these guys when stars are available. I don't give a **** if the stars want to stay or not, that is a risk you take. If they decide to leave at least you got the money on your payroll to get a legit star in free agency as long as they don't low ball them. Maybe our organization is just fine with selling out games and making the playoffs.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    It's a shame, too. I really thought we would have been able to beat the Heat last year had Rose stayed healthy.
    Only way this happens is if our defense locks up Lebron and Wade kinda like Dallas did to Lebron in 2011 or Boston did to Kobe and Lebron in 2008. Other than Rose we have no one who can take over and get easy points for us.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,553113.story

That's what I've been saying too, Lu.
    What i've been saying as well. Fans get too worked up expecting things to click right away which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and thus jump into illogical conclusions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Even with Rose though what is the out come going to be? He can't do everything and Miami has proved that they can take us in a best of 7 series and that is who we need to get passed. I don't care about the division or making the playoffs every year. We have to structure our team to beat Miami in the playoffs. That doesn't mean keep signing bench players and veterans on 1-2 year deals and pray that Thibs defense and Derrick Rose can carry the load.
    you make it sound so easy... like great players are always available and easy to attain...

why do people continue to expect this team to excel right away when the former mvp isn't playing, and there are only 6 of the same players on the team from the year before? there is a reason he was the mvp in the first place...
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I understand what Deng is saying but the guy played 47 minutes yesterday and while we had a 27 point lead he did nothing to stop them or even helped our cause by scoring. The bench outside of Nate isn't great, but this is why I said signing Taj for the amount he got was terrible. And frankly speaking he took us out of signing anyone legit in 2014. Bulls management is a disgrace. We sign these mediocore players for 8-10 million and give them the high end of the spectrum and refuse to trade these guys when stars are available. I don't give a **** if the stars want to stay or not, that is a risk you take. If they decide to leave at least you got the money on your payroll to get a legit star in free agency as long as they don't low ball them. Maybe our organization is just fine with selling out games and making the playoffs.
    He got tired as you can tell. Playing as many minutes as he did, you can't expect a person to play high level the entire time. They are all humans after all, not machines. Also how did Gibson take the Bulls out of 2014? People here are claiming about Boozer being amnestied and there are multiple reports saying it as well (it may or may not happen idk) but that'll open up a lot of room. Remember at that point you only have Rose/Noah/Gibson/Butler/Teague under the payroll assuming they amnesty boozer (which again idk if they will or not). Teague/Butler make nothing really. The money will still be there and by that time hopefully Mirotic gets here.

Also you are running on a lot of assumptions as if the Bulls aren't looking to sign guys or trade them. Realize Chicago is NOT an attractive city to most ppl compared to others. It just isn't and unfortunatley that is a fact on what most think of this place. You can't force guys to come here and you can't force trades to occur. Players are linked to teams by the media meaning it isn't all necessarily true, hence you along with many others need to read these reports with a grain of salt and not take them literally.

Tell me an example of times the Bulls didn't trade these 'mediocre' players for stars? There are none that come to mind i bet. FYI don't even get started on the Melo trade (he always wanted to go to NYK) and plus Noah for him would have hurt Chicago in the long run. Realize Gasol/Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Kobe/KG/Johnson were never coming to Chicago due for various reasons outside of the Bulls wanting to keep these 'mediocre' players and not want to deal them.

vCash
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,553113.story

That's what I've been saying too, Lu.
    i said it too

vCash
    what are you talking about. the bulls were in the ecf. and probably would've been there again if rose didn't get injured...
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    Incorrect, Deng only gave up 2 points out of 30 in that fourth quarter and those were from a leaked out fast break from the opposing team.

vCash
    This poor team always has to explain things to their fans. First year it was injuries, second year it was injury, third year it's new players.

vCash
    You can't blame the bench players, they are what they are. Can't show much when you are glued to the bench.

The problem is for the sake of Reinsdorf saving money and paying as little tax as possible the players from the bench last year were replaced with cheap salary players who clearly are not as good as what we had. The Bulls dis not commit to putting the best players possible on their roster for the sake of saving money, even though the Bulls are one of the most profitable if not the most profitable team in the league. I think of all those years after Jordan when fans still kept filling the UC despite having horrific teams. It was time to give back to the fans, and the Bulls instead chose to put a lesser product out to help the bottom line. I don't care what anyone else says, my belief is the Bulls organization should have went into the tax to put out the best possible product. They owed this to the fans for thier loyalty and all the profits this team has made in some very lousy years. Reinsdorf chose not to, and I will never believe he is interested in anything other than lining his pockets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmontaine View Post
    you make it sound so easy... like great players are always available and easy to attain...

why do people continue to expect this team to excel right away when the former mvp isn't playing, and there are only 6 of the same players on the team from the year before? there is a reason he was the mvp in the first place...
    I never said it was easy. However you can't just sit on your *** and become afraid to move players. I am tired of players contracts running out and they leave for nothing. Only to be replaced with another band aid. We are not going to win with one all star. Our defense put up ALL TIME great numbers that may never be repeated and we still couldn't win.

vCash
    What stars have we missed out on because we didn't want to trade our guys?

Pau? We were interested in him, price was way too high.
    Kobe? Didn't want to come here unless Deng was here, Lakers were demanding Lu.
    Melo? Didn't want to come here, what has New York done with him?
    Dwight? Didn't want to come here.

This team got one real shot at winning, we were robbed last year to injuries.

vCash
    What stars have we missed out on because we didn't want to trade our guys?

Pau? We were interested in him, price was way too high.
    Kobe? Didn't want to come here unless Deng was here, Lakers were demanding Lu.
    Melo? Didn't want to come here, what has New York done with him?
    Dwight? Didn't want to come here.

This team got one real shot at winning, we were robbed last year to injuries.
    God forbid we try to over pay a little or go after players that may or may not want to be here. It is OK to go in a different direction with players once in a while.

Because just like in the Hinrich, Deng, Gordan run. We stay complacent and don't do anything. Then we finally move on after we have no choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    God forbid we try to over pay a little or go after players that may or may not want to be here. It is OK to go in a different direction with players once it a while.
    ...and when they leave us high and dry with nothing? There's a reason no other teams do what you're saying. The stars have all the power, that's just the way things are today.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast