Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,240
    vCash
    500

    Deng pleads for patience

    In an impressive display of leadership, Luol Deng, the longest-tenured Bulls player and team captain, defended the much-criticized bench after Tuesday's practice.

    "I don’t know if you guys expected exactly the same bench," Deng said. "That 'Bench Mob' was great. We won a lot of games because of them. But they’re gone. Some of them are struggling with their teams. Some are doing well.

    "This is a new team. Not every team is going to be about a Bench Mob. I’ve been here nine years and every year has a different story. I think for this team there are going to be ups and downs until we get our chemistry right and start playing the way we want to play."

    Deng spoke in the wake of the Bulls' collapse Monday in which they lost to the Bucks after leading by 27 points in the third quarter. Coach Tom Thibodeau barely used his bench, particularly in the second half when three reserves played a total of 10 minutes, 23 seconds.

    Deng logged an astounding 47:18 against the Bucks.

    "We have to find our identity but it’s a totally different year," Deng said. "It’s not fair to the guys that are here, the new guys, to be compared to the guys from the last two years. They’re still getting used to it. Even the Bench Mob, the first year we had them, it took a while to get going. When we got going, it clicked.

    "The year after that, last year, what helped us a lot was we had a lot of guys returning so we knew how we play and how to play with each other. We’re still learning how to play with each other."


    The Bulls return to action Wednesday against Dallas.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,553113.story

    That's what I've been saying too, Lu.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,514
    vCash
    1500
    Boom. Trolls roasted.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,000
    vCash
    1500
    As bad as last night was, the first 2 quarters and half of the 3rd was probably the best the bulls have played this season. Loss will probably help the team, you can guarantee they don't settle with a lead for awhile again.



    Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    34,007
    vCash
    1500
    I sure hope so, Lu. And if it does happen, heaps of credit to Thibs.

    And I think people have forgotten what a 'troll' really is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    I sure hope so, Lu. And if it does happen, heaps of credit to Thibs.

    And I think people have forgotten what a 'troll' really is.
    I'm referring to the people who purposely share a different opinion just to get a rise out of people. Also those who attempt to belittle others.

    I genuinely hope you don't think I'm referring to you or any of the others respectful posters.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    Boom. Anyone who disagrees roasted.
    Fixed that for you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,743
    vCash
    785
    Lu tang clan ain't nuttin to **** w

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    34,007
    vCash
    1500
    My point is that if those people are truly giving dissenting opinions to merely get a rise out of people, threads like this aren't going to matter to them. They're not looking for justification for their opinion one way or the other, so it's not going to detract them from trolling.

    I've just seen people (not necessarily you) throwing around that term willy-nilly around here just referring to people that simply disagree with them and that if they aren't agreeing with the majority opinion, they're automatically a troll. I think that really discourages people from expressing their real opinions and just takes away from the whole idea of a forum, one of the big reasons why I think this forum has been on the downturn for quite a while.


    Anywhos, I'm truly hoping that something clicks with these guys. I'm not holding my breath, but we have the right coach in place to do it and good leaders in Jo and Deng. Needless to say, having a healthy Rose back will have to do wonders for us.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    I'm referring to the people who purposely share a different opinion just to get a rise out of people. Also those who attempt to belittle others.

    I genuinely hope you don't think I'm referring to you or any of the others respectful posters.
    That happens a lot on both sides. Hell I posted how I thought our FO was overrated and got mobbed and pitchforked for it. I don't really post much now because I don't feel like having to battle just because I have a different opinion of the current team and FO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    That happens a lot on both sides. Hell I posted how I thought our FO was overrated and got mobbed and pitchforked for it. I don't really post much now because I don't feel like having to battle just because I have a different opinion of the current team and FO.
    If you attempt to post in a respectful manner (ala not doing what you just did to my previous post), you generally won't be met with harsh opposition.

    There are multiple posters who tend to stay away from that sort of stuff and thus are generally more respected. My post was directed towards those that only aim to anger others and often provide little to discussions. I don't want you to think that was directed towards you as I'm quite sure you're more respectful than most others.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    My point is that if those people are truly giving dissenting opinions to merely get a rise out of people, threads like this aren't going to matter to them. They're not looking for justification for their opinion one way or the other, so it's not going to detract them from trolling.

    I've just seen people (not necessarily you) throwing around that term willy-nilly around here just referring to people that simply disagree with them and that if they aren't agreeing with the majority opinion, they're automatically a troll. I think that really discourages people from expressing their real opinions and just takes away from the whole idea of a forum, one of the big reasons why I think this forum has been on the downturn for quite a while.


    Anywhos, I'm truly hoping that something clicks with these guys. I'm not holding my breath, but we have the right coach in place to do it and good leaders in Jo and Deng. Needless to say, having a healthy Rose back will have to do wonders for us.
    Like I said, it was more towards those that don't really care and provide little to topics, or those that share their alleged "opinion" without giving any proof/support simply because their lone goal is to anger others. Those that carry out their posts in a disrespectful manner. Hell, I disagree with Bodupp a lot, but we are both still respectful to eachother and thus we are Internet buds.

    And yes, I completely agree. It's rough seeing the Bulls lose like this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    If you attempt to post in a respectful manner (ala not doing what you just did to my previous post), you generally won't be met with harsh opposition.

    There are multiple posters who tend to stay away from that sort of stuff and thus are generally more respected. My post was directed towards those that only aim to anger others and often provide little to discussions. I don't want you to think that was directed towards you as I'm quite sure you're more respectful than most others.
    I understand. The thing is though there are a group of posters on here that no matter what thinks the Bulls FO can do no wrong and agree with everything they do.

    An example was during the off season I literally watched poster after poster flip flop on the Asik situation within 3 days. 1 day he was being let go and everyone said that the money was just to much. Then there were reports that we were going to be bringing him back and everyone was on board. Finally when it was confirmed he wouldn't be back people once again talked about how it was to much money for him. Again this was like within 3 days of each other.

    I have stated many times that there was a reason we were in the position to draft Derrick Rose and it wasn't because this same FO put together winning teams through the draft and FA. During all those Hinrich, Gordan, and Deng years this FO fell in love with their core and I remember those quotes in the paper about how they didn't want to break up their core.

    We had a chance to trade Asik mid season. What was the point in hanging on to him for the rest of the year if the long term plan didn't involve him? Again falling in love with a player instead of having a plan.

    Now here we are 2 years removed from the best FA class and we are banking on another pipe dream to get a second star next to Derrick Rose 2014. I am honestly sick and tired of playing this cap space ******** game of no stability and band aids so we can keep having slim chances to land big FA's.

    It is time to break it up, grow some balls, and get some players.
    Last edited by metsbulls1025; 11-27-2012 at 04:32 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    58,431
    vCash
    1700
    Yeah, I hope so... But this bench isn't really that good, and they don't have any cohesiveness yet

    My big problem is Lu playing 47 minutes, that's insane.

    Thibs is going to have to start trusting Nazr for 10 minutes a game, because we literally have no one else and Noah is going to get injured or burnt out playing 40+ every night... I knew losing Asik would be a big blow, but I certainly didn't think it would be this big

    I don't think we're much more than a .500 team until we get Derrick back, and until we find some more offense on this team we probably aren't going to win a championship... Losing out on Mayo is proving to suck *** for us (I know it's not our fault, Mayo signed immediately after flying to Dallas), I hope GarPax can get us some help in the next couple seasons

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Luol is right for the most part but lets be real this team aint going anywhere even with a healthy Rose

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownkid773 View Post
    Luol is right for the most part but lets be real this team aint going anywhere even with a healthy Rose
    Even with Rose though what is the out come going to be? He can't do everything and Miami has proved that they can take us in a best of 7 series and that is who we need to get passed. I don't care about the division or making the playoffs every year. We have to structure our team to beat Miami in the playoffs. That doesn't mean keep signing bench players and veterans on 1-2 year deals and pray that Thibs defense and Derrick Rose can carry the load.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •