Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    No, it's not worth taking a cap hit to ensure he doesn't play in the division. First, there isn't any chance he goes to Seattle or St. Louis because they have their QBs and Alex is going to go somewhere where he thinks he can start. Arizona may afford him that opportunity, but behind that offensive line, he'll be in a poor situation to hurt us. And without much of a running game in Arizona, they'd have to rely on Smith to shoulder a larger role than he is used to. I don't see them hurting us all that much. I think he would be smart to look at teams like Kansas City, Oakland (they will get better once they start having draft picks again), or the Jets (assuming they have a new coaching staff).
    With Ari receivers and defense, if Arizona gets an offensive line and signs Smith in the offseason...They could be damn good

There is a pretty good chance they get something done with Goldson in the offseason. If not, they'll likely give him the franchise tag again. The 49ers will save some money on Patrick Willis' contract next year because they restructured it to give him $17 mil this year and lighten the load in future years. The team will save $7.5 mil by cutting Alex Smith before March 1st and $2.7 mil by cutting Parys Haralson. Letting Ginn and Jacobs walk will shed another $3 mil off the books from this year as well. As long as Kyle Williams recovers from the ACL injury, I see no problem with the 49ers moving forward with Williams, James, and Cox in the return game. Currently, Sopoaga is about a $5 mil cap hit for us and he is a free agent next year. If the team can replace him early in the draft, there is some more cap space. Randy Moss is currently $2.5 mil against the cap and I'm not sure he'll be back next year either. The team should have some wiggle room. They won't be able to go out there and buy a big name player, but they should be able to retain Goldson if they can come to an agreement.
    Great post. I like that you are wanting to bring Goldy back
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I forgot to mention Carlos Rogers cap situation. It is a little tricky so I'll explain it with 3 different scenarios:

1) If Rogers is on the roster past March 1st, then his entire base salary becomes fully guaranteed and there is no way that they will cut him after that date. He would count $7.1 mil against the cap.

2) If the 49ers cut him prior to March 1st, they will not owe him his $250k roster bonus or $100k workout bonus. Only $1.75 mil of his $5.5 mil base salary is guaranteed. If you include the prorated amount of his signing bonus, he would still give the team a cap hit of $3 mil if released (save the team $4.1 mil)

3) If Rogers plays out the 2013 season, none of his 2014 or 2015 season pay is guaranteed. He is due to count $7.85 mil against the cap and the 49ers would save all of that aside from his signing bonus if he were released prior to March 1st 2014 (save the team more than $6 million)

I think the likely scenario is that Rogers plays for us next year, but is cut prior to the 2014 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    With Ari receivers and defense, if Arizona gets an offensive line and signs Smith in the offseason...They could be damn good

Great post. I like that you are wanting to bring Goldy back
    IF Arizona gets an offensive line. They need to fix 4 of the 5 spots. Easier said than done.

Yes, I have changed my position on Goldson. Last year he didn't wrap up when tackling and was below average in coverage. This year, he has greatly improved in both areas. He is playing as good as any safety in the league at the moment. He should be re-signed, or franchised tagged if they can't agree on a deal.
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 11-29-2012 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    IF Arizona gets an offensive line. They need to fix 4 of the 5 spots. Easier said than done.

Yes, I have changed my position on Goldson. Last year he didn't wrap up when tackling and was below average in coverage. This year, he has greatly improved in both areas. He is playing as good as any safety in the league at the moment. He should be re-signed, or franchised tagged if they can't agree on a deal.
    Not always. Sometimes one good lineman can help the lineman next to him get better. Could that be the case in Arizona? Yes.

Atta boy!
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Great and smart ball player. He knows he's damn good...but also knows that being next to Willis and having a great defense around him not only makes him better...but allows him to be rich and play for a winner.
    And win multiple superbowls

vCash
    If Harbaugh were to win lets say a couple of superbowls in the next few years...how long do you see him staying?

vCash
    If Harbaugh were to win lets say a couple of superbowls in the next few years...how long do you see him staying?
    I don't see Harbaugh leaving unless he physically can't do it anymore. He'd win 10 in a row and still want #11.

vCash
    I see Harbaugh as a long term coach, He would like to attain Walsh status I'm sure

vCash
    I don't see Harbaugh leaving unless he physically can't do it anymore. He'd win 10 in a row and still want #11.
    I see him as a guy who wants to win every where and doesn't want to stay in one spot too long if he's already done it all there. I could see him wanting to go to Dallas or some where like that and win there, then retire. Or go coach Michigan eventually...stuff like that. Or become the NFL commish...

vCash
    I see him as a guy who wants to win every where and doesn't want to stay in one spot too long if he's already done it all there. I could see him wanting to go to Dallas or some where like that and win there, then retire. Or go coach Michigan eventually...stuff like that. Or become the NFL commish...
    There is no way Jerruh and Harbs could coexist lol

vCash
    I'm just saying Harbaugh seems to like challenges. And if it were to seem "easy" to him, I could see him wanting something else

vCash
    Nothing harder than winning a whole bunch of SBs...just sayin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Nothing harder than winning a whole bunch of SBs...just sayin
    Yeah, minus him getting fired (which I can't see happening) he's going to be our head coach for a long winning time.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I'm just glad we're trying to keep our defense strong. Championships are built on defense. Glad the 49ers see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I see Harbaugh as a long term coach, He would like to attain Walsh status I'm sure
    This.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast