Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Just kidding Alex, I love you, I love you!!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I was under the impression as to once it hits the offseason, you are free to trade. If that's the case, we cut him...and he signs with Arizona...
    Nope, you have to wait until trades are allowed in mid-March.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Nope, you have to wait until trades are allowed in mid-March.
    I wonder why its different than Baseball and Basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    bowman would of easily gotten like a 5 year contract 70 million extension in free agency. amazing we got him at a discount

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    bowman would of easily gotten like a 5 year contract 70 million extension in free agency. amazing we got him at a discount
    Great and smart ball player. He knows he's damn good...but also knows that being next to Willis and having a great defense around him not only makes him better...but allows him to be rich and play for a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Great and smart ball player. He knows he's damn good...but also knows that being next to Willis and having a great defense around him not only makes him better...but allows him to be rich and play for a winner.
    bowman choosing Willis as his twins godfather was a good indication too

vCash
    After the depressing Hunter news, this absolutely made my day when I first heard it. Absolute steal of a deal! Patrick Willis will always be my guy for everything he has done at the LB position for the 49ers, but my goodness, Bowman is something else and I can't believe we'll have BOTH OF THEM together in the coming years! Our FO = magical. Excellent, excellent, excellent extension for linebacker 1A of the universe! Woo!

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I wonder why its different than Baseball and Basketball
    It's part of the CBA; the players wanted it in there. That's why they put those dates as the roster bonuses in the contract, so that will be cut instead of traded.

vCash
    Fair enough
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It's part of the CBA; the players wanted it in there. That's why they put those dates as the roster bonuses in the contract, so that will be cut instead of traded.
    Ok....kind of a different angle. I know what the Niners would get in compensation if they traded him is not worth the cap hit...but for a second lets assume Rap is right in that Alex would be dangerous in Arizona or St Louis for that matter...is it worth taking the cap hit to make sure he goes somewhere he can't hurt SF?

vCash
    Ok....kind of a different angle. I know what the Niners would get in compensation if they traded him is not worth the cap hit...but for a second lets assume Rap is right in that Alex would be dangerous in Arizona or St Louis for that matter...is it worth taking the cap hit to make sure he goes somewhere he can't hurt SF?
    Alex isn't goint to St Louis, still pretty sure they have their man at QB. While Az. is possible, I doubt Alex would want to go there... have you seen their O-line. Alex has lived through O-line hell long enough, he's going to want to go some place where they have an O-line that can protect him. If he doesn't have options, then obviously he'll take what's offered.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Alex isn't goint to St Louis, still pretty sure they have their man at QB. While Az. is possible, I doubt Alex would want to go there... have you seen their O-line. Alex has lived through O-line hell long enough, he's going to want to go some place where they have an O-line that can protect him. If he doesn't have options, then obviously he'll take what's offered.
    I can see Alex going to Ari just to try and spite the 49ers. It'd be dangerous for him, but then again it could work out for him as well

vCash
    I wonder what this means for Goldson this offseason. Does he get the tag again. If they can keep Goldson on top of retaining the line backing core that's awfully impressive. This upcoming draft should be about defensive lineman and corners hopefully. Again, taking that into account this defense is amazing!

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    No, it's not worth taking a cap hit to ensure he doesn't play in the division. First, there isn't any chance he goes to Seattle or St. Louis because they have their QBs and Alex is going to go somewhere where he thinks he can start. Arizona may afford him that opportunity, but behind that offensive line, he'll be in a poor situation to hurt us. And without much of a running game in Arizona, they'd have to rely on Smith to shoulder a larger role than he is used to. I don't see them hurting us all that much. I think he would be smart to look at teams like Kansas City, Oakland (they will get better once they start having draft picks again), or the Jets (assuming they have a new coaching staff).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I wonder what this means for Goldson this offseason. Does he get the tag again. If they can keep Goldson on top of retaining the line backing core that's awfully impressive. This upcoming draft should be about defensive lineman and corners hopefully. Again, taking that into account this defense is amazing!
    There is a pretty good chance they get something done with Goldson in the offseason. If not, they'll likely give him the franchise tag again. The 49ers will save some money on Patrick Willis' contract next year because they restructured it to give him $17 mil this year and lighten the load in future years. The team will save $7.5 mil by cutting Alex Smith before March 1st and $2.7 mil by cutting Parys Haralson. Letting Ginn and Jacobs walk will shed another $3 mil off the books from this year as well. As long as Kyle Williams recovers from the ACL injury, I see no problem with the 49ers moving forward with Williams, James, and Cox in the return game. Currently, Sopoaga is about a $5 mil cap hit for us and he is a free agent next year. If the team can replace him early in the draft, there is some more cap space. Randy Moss is currently $2.5 mil against the cap and I'm not sure he'll be back next year either. The team should have some wiggle room. They won't be able to go out there and buy a big name player, but they should be able to retain Goldson if they can come to an agreement.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast