Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    But yes, it will suck to see someone walk, although I see what DerekRE said to be the most logical choice for odd man out.

vCash
    Bet you they used Alex's $$$$

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointer View Post
    Bet you they used Alex's $$$$
    Probably. I can't imagine they won't need to clear up that $7.5M on next years cap now.

vCash
    Something to remember:

Willis' cap figure this year: 17 mil
    Willis' cap figure next year: 3 mil

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I mean it's gonna be around $8M a year isn't?

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Bowman's extension doesn't kick in until 2014 I believe. He'll be making only 800,000 for 2013.

vCash
    Just got confirmation via ESPN text message, ESPN SC NFL - 49ers sign LB NaVorro Bowman (team leader in tackles) to 5-year extension through 2018 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    How am I getting ahead of myself? I just found it funny that Bowman was considered by many fans to be the odd man out. I'm simply commenting on the fact that he wasn't. Now if I said go out and sign Goldson, Sopoaga, and Walker and call it day, I'd be getting ahead of myself.
    Fair enough. Whatever the case, I'm glad we got this done this early. I figured it wouldn't be addressed until the offseason since we have to make some choices.

vCash
    Can anyone see Justin Smith hitting the FA market in 2 years? He'll be 35 by then, might not pay someone a lot of money for a lets say, 3 year deal when he's going to be in his late 30's by the end of the contract. Also, RJF should be seeing more action in the next two years and we'll probably draft a D-lineman with one of our high picks to build for life without Justin

vCash
    Dear Brian,

The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms with LB NaVorro Bowman on a five-year contract extension through the 2018 season. The 49ers now have all four of their starting linebackers under contract through at least the 2015 season (Ahmad Brooks - 2017; Patrick Willis – 2016; Aldon Smith – 2015).

“NaVorro epitomizes what we look for in a 49er,” said 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke. “We are excited that the All Pro tandem of Willis and Bowman will be together in red and gold for years to come.”
    See, Trent shoots me an e-mail when he does something. Now when Harb's makes a decision like our starting QB and he doesn't e-mail me... this is why it goes in his annual review!
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Per Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area
    Bowman, 49ers agree on extension through 2018
    November 27, 2012, 12:47 pm

The 49ers and All-Pro inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman have agreed on a five-year contract extension through the 2018 season, the team announced Tuesday.

Bowman's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, approached the 49ers several weeks ago to express a willingness to work out a long-term contract extension, but the sides did not make much initial progress.

This deal will keep intact the All-Pro duo of Bowman and Patrick Willis, who was named to the Pro Bowl in each of his first five NFL seasons.

[RELATED: NaVorro Bowman career stats | 2012 game logs]

“NaVorro epitomizes what we look for in a 49er,” said 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke in a press release from the team. “We are excited that the All Pro tandem of Willis and Bowman will be together in red and gold for years to come.”

The 49ers already have Willis signed through the 2016 season. Willis is the 49ers' highest-paid player at $10 million a year. Willis renegotiated his contract in November 2011 to push a lot of his cap money to this season. He currently counts $17.6 million against this year's cap. But his cap figure drops to $3.6 million in 2013, $6.5 million in 2014, $8.3 million in 2015, and $9.1 million in 2016.

Tags: San Francisco 49ers, navorro bowman
    Yup, its a done deal! Love this signing! Keeping that core LB unit in-tact!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Yeah buddy.

vCash
    Great News!! If we can re-sign Goldson in the offseason, then most of this superior defense will be together for a long time. I can't think of a single bad move made by our front office in the last few years! Looks like once again we will be able to go into next years draft with no real needs (maybe a CB), and just cherry pick some future goods. Some special teams upgrades would be nice. Maybe we take a page out of the Raiders playbook and draft a kicker high, lol. Boy it's nice to be proud of this organization again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Can anyone see Justin Smith hitting the FA market in 2 years? He'll be 35 by then, might not pay someone a lot of money for a lets say, 3 year deal when he's going to be in his late 30's by the end of the contract. Also, RJF should be seeing more action in the next two years and we'll probably draft a D-lineman with one of our high picks to build for life without Justin
    I can see him retiring at the end of his contract if the Niners win a SB in the next 2 seasons.

vCash
    So happy with this signing. I think Bowman could have held out for much more had he waited given his production the last two years.

Feel pretty confident in saying Willis, Bowman, Smith and Brooks are easily the best 4 linebackers in the league if not ever to be on the field at the same time. Just insane what each of these guys can do. So exciting to be a 49ers fan right now.

I know it's not realistic to expect to keep this defense fully intact but it's so awesome knowing Bowillis will be kept here at least through their prime.

You guys think Goldson can be retained? Or give Robinson a chance next year?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast