Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    I wonder who will DC next year. Crennel should be on the market. He runs a 3-4 so he should fit the personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I wonder who will DC next year. Crennel should be on the market. He runs a 3-4 so he should fit the personnel.
    I don't see Fangio leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I hope this is true, I worry about other organizations cherrypicking our coaches

vCash
    WOW! Talk about team

Quote Originally Posted by CSN
    Because of his signing bonus, Bowman's 2012 cap figure immediately rose from $717,887 to $2.217 million, the source said.

In order to fit Bowman's new deal under their salary cap, the 49ers turned to three veterans to clear nearly $2.5 million in cap space.

Davis provided the biggest cap relief for the 49ers of approximately $1.2 million. Davis' 2012 cap figure went from a little over $8 million to $6.8 million. The 49ers awarded Davis a $1.48 million signing bonus and had his remaining $25,000 per game active roster bonuses for the final five regular season games designated as an OATSB item (other amount treated as signing bonus).

Rogers' salary figure went from $5.5 million to $4.7 million, as he also had his per-game roster bonuses for the final five games converted to OATSB. McDonald's cap figure went from $4.154 this season to $3.6 million, as his original 2013 base salary was partially converted to an option bonus.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    WOW! Talk about team
    nice

vCash
    I think the Niners will lose both OC and DC this year. I don't know if the QB coach will just take over OC or if they'll look elsewhere, but either way they need to be ready for it. Fortunately with Harbaugh the system will stay the same, they'll just tweak some stuff with it.

vCash
    Me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I hope this is true, I worry about other organizations cherrypicking our coaches
    I don't. Sure I can't speak for other people like the coaches, but money isn't everything in life, and to compare it to more normal careers, I wouldn't be swayed to work for another company if I was happy and satisfied where I am. People like to say "well, it's about advancement and opportunity and a HC gig is a promotion and beefs your resume". Sure does, so do several titles as a OC or DC though. I know I am in the minority, but I would rather be a part of something special like we have in SF, than go to a higher position with another franchise an possibly never have that intangible feeling of something special like the red and gold, and possibly never win a championship. But to each their own.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-bowman-deal/

Kudos to all of them. This probably means Rogers isn't going to be released after this season.

vCash
    I think the Niners will lose both OC and DC this year. I don't know if the QB coach will just take over OC or if they'll look elsewhere, but either way they need to be ready for it. Fortunately with Harbaugh the system will stay the same, they'll just tweak some stuff with it.
    Roman maybe, but I can see Fangio staying for a good while. Dick LeBeau has been with Pittsburgh FOREVER and I'm sure teams have tried to pull him away.

vCash
    I can't see Fangio leaving either, think he enjoys just being a DC. Roman I can see getting snatched up rather quickly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I think Roman will get a job offer and Fangio won't. Fangio has been a head coach before and hasn't been successful. Him and Dom Capers seem to me to be like defensive Norv Turners; great coordinators, but not very good head coaches. Roman on the other hand, is likely to get an offer and he'll take it. He went on interviews last year, but didn't get any offers. If he wasn't interested in being a head coach, he probably wouldn't have gone on the interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    WOW! Talk about team
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-bowman-deal/

Kudos to all of them. This probably means Rogers isn't going to be released after this season.
    I don't see what the big deal about this is. None of them took a pay cut; they just changed their contracts so that the money they are getting this year counts like a singing bonus instead of salary. They are still getting the same money at the same time. It really doesn't impact anything. As far as Rogers is concerned, I noted the other day what his deal looked like and predicted he would still be on the roster for the 2013 season, but would be cut before the 2014 season. I don't think this changes anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal about this is. None of them took a pay cut; they just changed their contracts so that the money they are getting this year counts like a singing bonus instead of salary. They are still getting the same money at the same time. It really doesn't impact anything. As far as Rogers is concerned, I noted the other day what his deal looked like and predicted he would still be on the roster for the 2013 season, but would be cut before the 2014 season. I don't think this changes anything.
    The way I understand it is it actually benefits the players because they get more upfront money so it is actually a win-win

vCash
    I see Roman, Fangio and Tomsula all getting offers, not that I think they'd accept. I could see Roman declining college jobs, waiting for a shot in the NFL.

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I see Roman, Fangio and Tomsula all getting offers, not that I think they'd accept. I could see Roman declining college jobs, waiting for a shot in the NFL.
    Awww hell no. We can't loose Tomsula! He IS DA MAN!!!!! No really, I love that guy.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast