Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Suh's groin kick to be reviewed

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=aCSVX...%3DaCSVXEH5kMo

NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson on Friday told ESPN that every form of discipline will be considered against Detriot Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh if next week's planned review of Suh's kick to the groin of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub determines that he made the contact deliberately.

Seifert: Intentional Kick?
    It's difficult to tell whether Ndamukong Suh intentionally kicked Matt Schaub on Thursday, but given his past actions, it's fair to at least question the Lions' defensive tackle, writes Kevin Seifert. Blog

• Kuharsky: Review rule shortsighted

"When you consider the history, everything is on the table," Anderson said.

Anderson watched Thursday's Lions-Texans game in the NFL command center at the league offices in New York and said his initial reaction after seeing the play live and from various network television replay angles was that "it didn't look good."

Last year, Suh was ejected from the Lions' Thanksgiving Day loss to the Green Bay Packers and was suspended two weeks after he stomped on the arm of offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Suh said that play wasn't intentional, but the NFL thought it was malicious enough to give him a two-game suspension.

The NFL follows a system of escalating punishment, which is the reason Anderson said Suh could be subjected to severe punishment.

"Repeat offenders are going to run out of benefit of the doubt faster than someone who is a first-time offender," Anderson said. "If I were a judge in the courtroom, and you're in for a third-time DUI, I'm going to look at that differently than if this is your first DUI -- even if you didn't maim anybody."

AP Photo/Paul Sancya
    Intentional or not, Ndamukong Suh's foot to the groin area of Matt Schaub on Thursday left the Texans' QB in pain.
    But Anderson did not want to pre-judge Suh's latest incident, preferring a critical review involving more replay angles that also will be critically examined by league executives Merton Hanks, Ronnie Hill and Joel Bussert, who are routinely involved in determining whether players should be disciplined.

Suh left the locker room before reporters were allowed in after Thursday's game, and Schaub was in no mood to talk about the play.

"I really don't have anything to say about that play or that person," he said following the Texans' 34-31 overtime victory.

The kick, intentional or not, happened with 6:49 to play in the first quarter after Suh split right guard Ben Jones and right tackle Derek Newton on a pass rush. Newton spun Suh to the ground as Schaub threw a pass short to wide-open tight end Owen Daniels.

Suh landed face-first with his left leg in the air and extended his foot into Schaub's midsection as the QB fell to the ground. Suh wasn't flagged on the play.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said he didn't see the play as it happened but said he'd "be very surprised if it was anything other than just the natural course of the game."

SPONSORED HEADLINES
    Selena Gomez Is Taken to a Hospital Emergency Room in L.A. (Wetpaint)
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 11-25-2012 at 03:02 PM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    It didn't look intentional to me but I wouldn't be stunned to see him fined/suspended. He has a very poor history and continues make stupid plays like that so a fine would be fitting.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    I honestly believe suh knew what he was doing if you go on you tube and watch it suh knew that matt was there and they would make some contact. It was just luck the kick landed where it did all of his tackles are overly aggressive. Trade this dude before he ends a career.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I honestly believe suh knew what he was doing if you go on you tube and watch it suh knew that matt was there and they would make some contact. It was just luck the kick landed where it did all of his tackles are overly aggressive. Trade this dude before he ends a career.
    I don't know if he did, he's looking downfield (Back to Schaub) then he trips over and spins around flailing his legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I don't know if he did, he's looking downfield (Back to Schaub) then he trips over and spins around flailing his legs.
    I think he ment to flail his legs to disrupt the play. I don't think he ment to hit him in the mommy daddy button though.

vCash
    cmon guys we all know suh is a dirty player the good thing is he on our team I have a question how would you feel if he was tackling Matt or shawn like this in practice. And garnotm you said you think he was trying to flail his legs to disrupt the play well his aim was awful lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    cmon guys we all know suh is a dirty player the good thing is he on our team I have a question how would you feel if he was tackling Matt or shawn like this in practice. And garnotm you said you think he was trying to flail his legs to disrupt the play well his aim was awful lol.
    Was it really ? Or was it deadly accurate??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Was it really ? Or was it deadly accurate??
    ok if he trying to tip the ball lol he was awful but im pretty happy with what happen lol

vCash
    Cool...people at the NFL can read minds and judge intent. I'm sure the government will be soon to follow.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Cool...people at the NFL can read minds and judge intent. I'm sure the government will be soon to follow.
    x100

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    I don't think he did it on purpose exactly, he was being spun towards the ground with his legs flailing already, but I think he saw Matt on his way down and without really looking flung his leg a little more dramatically that it normally would have to try and disrupt Matt in anyway he could, even if its just throwing off his follow through.

So I guess I think the motion was natural as he went to the ground but he exaggerated his movements to disrupt the play on purpose. I don't think that his intentions were necessarily toe kick to the nuts but that's what happened.

Having said that, I don't think anyone can find enough evidence in the video to warrant a suspension, maybe a fine but we really can't know what he was thinking and the video doesn't show his intent clearly enough

edit: oh yeah, 3000th post
    Last edited by UofAZ420; 11-23-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    I don't think he did it on purpose exactly, he was being spun towards the ground with his legs flailing already, but I think he saw Matt on his way down and without really looking flung his leg a little more dramatically that it normally would have to try and disrupt Matt in anyway he could, even if its just throwing off his follow through.

So I guess I think the motion was natural as he went to the ground but he exaggerated his movements to disrupt the play on purpose. I don't think that his intentions were necessarily toe kick to the nuts but that's what happened.

Having said that, I don't think anyone can find enough evidence in the video to warrant a suspension, maybe a fine but we really can't know what he was thinking and the video doesn't show his intent clearly enough
    Well at least you feel he should be fined

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post

edit: oh yeah, 3000th post

Congrats on 3k!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    This. He prolly meant to kick his dumbass.. but you can't prove that **** they just pickin on suh with this one lol

vCash
    who gives a flying ****. everyone in football use to play this way, just cause america has raised our generations to be ****ing pussys doesnt give them the right to turn the NFL into the NPLOG National ***** League of Goodell
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast