Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Well, the question really is how much value added is he? He is a good player but it could be $2 mil for 5 games if he gets a couple more sacks, and that $2 mil is money that could be pushed forward for signing the Patriots players entering FA next year.

The Patriots always surprise me, but I doubt the Patriots put a claim on him or attempt to sign him if he clears waives and become a FA.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Sure it would.

Babin has had two great seasons one of 12.5 and one of 18 sacks.
    Outside of that he has never had more than five, or an average of 3.8 sacks( 6 season total of 23 sacks, excluding his two big year).
    That is not worth 4-6 million per a season when we have players capable of averaging 3.8 sacks a season, 3 of which I outlined above, at a much cheaper cost than Babin who is nothing more than a situational pass rusher. He is very weak against the run. Yes is a know name, but that doesnt mean we should be in on him. We already have we he can give us on this team.
    If he clears waivers than we don't have to pay him more than minimum.

SOON

vCash
    If they don't even put a claim in after he clears waivers, Bill has some arrogance going forward with what he has now.

vCash
    Didn't clear waivers, Jags grabbed him.

/thread

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I normally am against this type of move, but the pass-rush has been pretty weak at times. I doubt the Pats will get him anyway (waivers), but Ninko and Cunningham are already among the most inefficient pass-rushers in the NFL, and losing Cunningham hurts depth even more.
    Hunh? Jones forgotten so soon?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Didn't clear waivers, Jags grabbed him.

/thread
    Yep, and I bet he's thrilled at the opportunity to play for a conten- errr..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Yep, and I bet he's thrilled at the opportunity to play for a conten- errr..
    I'd rather play for the Jags than the Eagles right now, damn they suck

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Hunh? Jones forgotten so soon?
    Jones is still in the mix (and has played very well), but we could still have used a situational pass-rusher. Ninko and Cunningham (out for 4 weeks now) have not been very effective pass-rushers, and it wouldn't have been a terrible idea to look into a situational pass-rusher. My hope is that Trevor Scott will get some snaps now that Cunningham is out.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12