Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Julian Edelman

vCash

Julian Edelman

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11/...ury-concussion

Presumably, the New England WR is undergoing concussion tests after taking a big hit from LaRon Landry.
    Facebook
    Twitter

The Patriots are completely dominating the Jets, but the one-sided affair hasn't been without repercussions. Early in the third quarter, Julian Edelman ran the ball and was met by LaRon Landry, who delivered a punishing helmet-to-helmet hit to the New England wide receiver.

Landry was not flagged on the play, as NBC's Al Michaels explained helmet-to-helmet is not enforceable on a running play. That said, Landry could be fined for the hit by the league.

Edelman was clearly shaken up and could have a concussion. He went into the locker room to get checked out, and his return is questionable. But with the Pats up as much as they are, I'd say it's more like doubtful that Edelman would be brought back onto the field.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Hope he's alright. This has been his breakout year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11/...ury-concussion

Presumably, the New England WR is undergoing concussion tests after taking a big hit from LaRon Landry.
    Facebook
    Twitter

The Patriots are completely dominating the Jets, but the one-sided affair hasn't been without repercussions. Early in the third quarter, Julian Edelman ran the ball and was met by LaRon Landry, who delivered a punishing helmet-to-helmet hit to the New England wide receiver.

Landry was not flagged on the play, as NBC's Al Michaels explained helmet-to-helmet is not enforceable on a running play. That said, Landry could be fined for the hit by the league.

Edelman was clearly shaken up and could have a concussion. He went into the locker room to get checked out, and his return is questionable. But with the Pats up as much as they are, I'd say it's more like doubtful that Edelman would be brought back onto the field.
    I would bet every dime I own that he will be fined, as he should be. That was a text book example of what the league is trying to get rid of. Led with the helmet all the way, and went helment to helmet on the runner.
    -

vCash
    Landry is a jerk. I saw him chirping after Hernandez pushed off then he proceeded to miss Vereen on a tackle the very next play . And he wonders why we didn't want him. He stinks. I hope he gets fined for a blatant helmet to helmet hit.

vCash
    He better be fined, that was a blatant helmet to helmet hit.

I have huge man crush on Edelman.

vCash
    I hope Edelman is fine for the next game he has been playing lights out for us.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroia View Post
    He better be fined, that was a blatant helmet to helmet hit.

I have huge man crush on Edelman.
    no helmet to helmet rule on runners

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Correct, no helmet to helmet penalty in game on runners, but the league can still fine players for helmet to helmet after the game if they deem it worthy.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Correct, no helmet to helmet penalty in game on runners, but the league can still fine players for helmet to helmet after the game if they deem it worthy.
    This. I understand the rule, but with all the stupid fines I've seen. Landry is more than worthy of receiving something like 10k

vCash
    Landry is a scumbag. He cant cover a lick so be just talks and gives big hits. Pretty much the definition of a jets player

vCash
    Any updates on the health of Edelman? He'll have an extra few days to recover/pass the post-concussion tests.

vCash
    ^ we will have to wait till Tuesday for any real info

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    I know. I was trying to get at what penuch and bw84 said below.

Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_watson_84 View Post
    This. I understand the rule, but with all the stupid fines I've seen. Landry is more than worthy of receiving something like 10k

vCash
    Still no word on Edelman, when do the Pats have to release an injury report?
    Perfection.

vCash
    http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/1...C5K/story.html

Edelman was back at practice for at least the Media portion.
    Perfection.