Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    If the Rangers would trade Martin and Olt for Dickey, thats what I would do.

Olt in Right, Martin in Center and Kirk in Left. Olt has mostly been a third basement but with Kirk in left Martin could prob cheat a little bit towards right to cover more ground in the outfield.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Apparently most MLB execs believe Justin Upton will be moved this offseason.. *updated as of yesterday.

Do you think Sandy will put a package together with Jon Niese or Dickey headlining to acquire Upton?

This really is the perfect situation for the Mets to grab there one star OF and use Niese/Dickey as a trade chip to get him.
    Why trade a package headlined by one of them when you can trade one of them for Myers?

vCash
    Myers could be nasty
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Apparently most MLB execs believe Justin Upton will be moved this offseason.. *updated as of yesterday.

Do you think Sandy will put a package together with Jon Niese or Dickey headlining to acquire Upton?

This really is the perfect situation for the Mets to grab there one star OF and use Niese/Dickey as a trade chip to get him.
    I hope not, I understand if Wheeler and Harvey were lights out aces, but that's not the case. I still don't understand moving Niese or Dickey, when we have only two pitchers we can count on next year. If we're trying to "rebuild", why did they extend Wright and why are they considering to move Niese? On another note, the Mets FO are trying to sell us on "2014", but moving Dickey doesn't help us in that regard. If they're trying to win in a year or 2, keep Dickey, move guys who won't really have an important role w/ this team next year(Flores; Familia, Mejia, Tapia, etc) for some proven outfielders and a catcher. I don't understand this franchise.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FmartMVP View Post
    Why trade a package headlined by one of them when you can trade one of them for Myers?
    You seriously would rather have Myers than Upton? sheeeesh
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Actually, yes.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Myers has to be the goal here... Same as it was with Beltran you wait till someone bites and overwhelms you. I trust Sandy knows not to sell the franchise short in a R.A. trade.

vCash
    I don't see the Royals giving up Myers but I said the same with the Giants and Beltran so maybe they also get desperate. I want no part of Bubba Starling, his bat will be exposed in the upper levels. Our best bet outside of Myers would be a package from Texas IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    You seriously would rather have Myers than Upton? sheeeesh
    Yes.

Upton is likely the better player, but not by enough to make up for the fact that you'd be paying him $38M over the next 3 years, when Meyers would get under $2M.

vCash
    Why are the Royals interested in a 38 year old knuckleballer? What is their end-game in seeking an ace with just a few years left? They don't have enough to seriously compete even with RA. So why send a young prospect for him?
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Why are the Royals interested in a 38 year old knuckleballer? What is their end-game in seeking an ace with just a few years left? They don't have enough to seriously compete even with RA. So why send a young prospect for him?

They have a potentially great offense. Having dickey anchor that rotation would instantly make them a playoff contender. They need dickey(or any ace) more then the mets need dickey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    They have a potentially great offense. Having dickey anchor that rotation would instantly make them a playoff contender. They need dickey(or any ace) more then the mets need dickey
    Yep.

That's the same motivation for the Rangers, it can put them in the driver's seat in that division and potentially a WS contender.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-03-2012 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    My bad. I must have been sleeping when the Royals got decent again. Didn't even realize.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    My bad. I must have been sleeping when the Royals got decent again. Didn't even realize.
    Well they aren't that good yet. But the young positional talent there is going to be very good. They don't have enough pitching even with Dickey. But they could certainly win a lot of games when he's on the mound. And I think they are looking for some veteran leadership, to get those young players used to contending.

Still not sure they should give up Meyers though.

And if I were them, I might want both Dickey and Niese for Gordon.

vCash
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-trade-value/

So, what does that translate into? If Greinke goes to one of the LA clubs, then maybe you’re asking Texas for Mike Olt and Leonys Martin. If he goes to Texas, then maybe you’re asking the Dodgers for Zach Lee and Joc Pederson. If the Mets are willing to move Dickey, this is the kind of price they should be asking. Even with just one year left on his deal, the expected cost of an extension and the history of knucklers suggest that he’s not just a one year player. And, for multiple years of an impact pitcher, the Mets should be able to land a significant package. Maybe it isn’t on par with what San Diego got for Adrian Gonzalez, but it should be in the ballpark. Dickey’s worth that kind of return.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast