Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I heard Jason Bay is available.

Minute Rice: Put him in the bullpen, warm him up, and he's ready to serve.

vCash
    I'll say it again: the Mets need an outfielder that hits righty with some pop and preferably on the cheap. Scott Hairston matches this need 100%. Why aren't we talking to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    I'd rather them get one guy that is a decent prospect, but they can swap a minor leaguer for like Familia. A guy off the top of my head is Michael Taylor on the A's. And the other guy a veteran kinda gritty guy like Reed Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'll say it again: the Mets need an outfielder that hits righty with some pop and preferably on the cheap. Scott Hairston matches this need 100%. Why aren't we talking to him?
    probably because there are other place holders deemed more affordable. Seriously, Hairston was one of our best hitters last year and he won't be coming back? This is sick.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Juan Pierre would have fit perfect and cheap where the heck were we on that.

vCash
    Dickey and Familia for Myers

Get er done Omar

vCash
    Vlad Guerrero, Johnny Damon and Raul Ibanez. Sadly they are affordable and better than what we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    probably because there are other place holders deemed more affordable. Seriously, Hairston was one of our best hitters last year and he won't be coming back? This is sick.
    It is ridiculous. I know some people will clown me for even saying this, they'll be like, "It's Scott Hairston, no big deal." But that's precisely my point: here you have a guy that fits your needs and probably isn't asking for much and yet we still don't go after him. Give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    My money is on Ludwick.
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    It is ridiculous. I know some people will clown me for even saying this, they'll be like, "It's Scott Hairston, no big deal." But that's precisely my point: here you have a guy that fits your needs and probably isn't asking for much and yet we still don't go after him. Give me a break.
    It really is obscene when you think of it. How much lower can you go when Scott Hairston is deemed too expensive?
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It really is obscene when you think of it. How much lower can you go when Scott Hairston is deemed too expensive?
    What is Hairston's price? Two years, $12 million? More? What is the breaking point for you between obscene and no thank you?

The Yankees decided Russell Martin was pricey at 2 years/$17 million. How obscene is that when you think about it? It's the Yankees! Their best option is Chris Stewart.

The Mets are going to see what price the market sets for Hairston. Then all of will know whether the price is sensible or not.

vCash
    I think the Mets should contact the rockies on Dexter Fowler.

- RHP J.Familia, RHP D.Gee, & OF Cap Kirk for Fowler.

Lineup:

1. Fowler-CF
    2. Tejada-SS
    3. Wright-3b
    4. Davis-1b
    5. Duda-LF
    6. Murphy-2b
    7. Cap Kirk-RF
    8. Thole/Right-Hand bat Platoon-C

vCash
    Or maybe they think Scott gave them his one lightning in a bottle season and don't want to bother with 6 plus million dollars a year for 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSKOMANG4 View Post
    I think the Mets should contact the rockies on Dexter Fowler.

- RHP J.Familia, RHP D.Gee, & OF Cap Kirk for Fowler.

Lineup:

1. Fowler-CF
    2. Tejada-SS
    3. Wright-3b
    4. Davis-1b
    5. Duda-LF
    6. Murphy-2b
    7. Cap Kirk-RF
    8. Thole/Right-Hand bat Platoon-C
    I am all for this but did you clone Kirk?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Are you nuts?????

If Dickey continues to pitch like he did last year, during mid-season you trade him for a legit top notch young prospect, ala the Beltran-for-Wheeler deal.

You don't trade Dickey for a plug-in or a nice outfielder who's going to play for us for only the next 2 years while we're mediocre (4th place). At this moment, and in the situation we're in, we need to look 3-4 years ahead, especially considering our young pitching arms will be established by then.

Dickey's value is to be used for the future, not needs for next season's 4th place finish.
    "Beltran for Wheeler" deals are not the norm, also with the new rules that teams trading for a free agent to be not getting compensation picks, 3 month rentals will have even less value. (I know the Giants knew they weren't going to get compensation for Beltran when they traded Wheeler for him, but again that trade was not the norm)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast