Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For the outfield my gut is saying we are going to try the ol' get a guy who's past his prime but may be useful in name recognition or a young C-list outfielder that they hope will mature....

2 months ago Alderson promised an influx of fresh blood via trades...now the reports are there will be no such trades made, more double talk...more nonsense...another season of mediocrity at best...

Love my METS but HATE my front office/Owners!

vCash
    I would really like to get Wil Myers from KC. I saw reports that KC and TB had talks about James Shields for Myers, which tells me what I already knew... some of the people on here that I've seen saying that we should trade Niese for Myers straight up are delusional. KC would laugh at that proposal.

BUT.... if we wanna try a package of Niese and maybe Mejia+Familia... that could possibly be at least a start of getting that deal done.. they want young pitching so this would give them an already proven solid young starter plus 2 more young pitchers with decent potential. Maybe we get a mid-low level prospect in return too.

At worst, we should at least offer something like this and see where it goes from there.

We need outfield help for now and the future. They are more than willing to deal Myers and he seems to have a great shot at being a star OFer at the ML level. I want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    For the outfield my gut is saying we are going to try the ol' get a guy who's past his prime but may be useful in name recognition or a young C-list outfielder that they hope will mature....

2 months ago Alderson promised an influx of fresh blood via trades...now the reports are there will be no such trades made, more double talk...more nonsense...another season of mediocrity at best...

I wanna quit them so bad.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I would really like to get Wil Myers from KC. I saw reports that KC and TB had talks about James Shields for Myers, which tells me what I already knew... some of the people on here that I've seen saying that we should trade Niese for Myers straight up are delusional. KC would laugh at that proposal.

BUT.... if we wanna try a package of Niese and maybe Mejia+Familia... that could possibly be at least a start of getting that deal done.. they want young pitching so this would give them an already proven solid young starter plus 2 more young pitchers with decent potential. Maybe we get a mid-low level prospect in return too.

At worst, we should at least offer something like this and see where it goes from there.

We need outfield help for now and the future. They are more than willing to deal Myers and he seems to have a great shot at being a star OFer at the ML level. I want him.
    KC would laugh at a Niese proposal? They are stupid enough to put Myers on the trade market to begin with, but he has never seen the majors yet which means he is risky.

I'll laugh at your proposal, there is no way I'm dealing Niese and two young power arms for one prospect. If he was so special, the Royals wouldn't think of dealing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    KC would laugh at a Niese proposal? They are stupid enough to put Myers on the trade market to begin with, but he has never seen the majors yet which means he is risky.

I'll laugh at your proposal, there is no way I'm dealing Niese and two young power arms for one prospect. If he was so special, the Royals wouldn't think of dealing him.
    They know Myers best. Perhaps they are not being stupid. As you state he is "risky". Perhaps they are looking to deal risk for an established an proven player of significance. How is that stupid? How is it stupid to explore options?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-28-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I think Dickey will be traded for an OF. Now who that OF might be is a mystery wrapped inside of an enigma.
    Are you nuts?????

If Dickey continues to pitch like he did last year, during mid-season you trade him for a legit top notch young prospect, ala the Beltran-for-Wheeler deal.

You don't trade Dickey for a plug-in or a nice outfielder who's going to play for us for only the next 2 years while we're mediocre (4th place). At this moment, and in the situation we're in, we need to look 3-4 years ahead, especially considering our young pitching arms will be established by then.

Dickey's value is to be used for the future, not needs for next season's 4th place finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Are you nuts?????

If Dickey continues to pitch like he did last year, during mid-season you trade him for a legit top notch young prospect, ala the Beltran-for-Wheeler deal.

You don't trade Dickey for a plug-in or a nice outfielder who's going to play for us for only the next 2 years while we're mediocre (4th place). At this moment, and in the situation we're in, we need to look 3-4 years ahead, especially considering our young pitching arms will be established by then.

Dickey's value is to be used for the future, not needs for next season's 4th place finish.
    Who said I was trading him for a plug. I have stated all over this board that I want the moon for the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    They know Myers best. Perhaps they are not being stupid. As you state he is "risky". Perhaps they are looking to deal risk for an established an proven player of significance. How is that stupid? How is it stupid to explore options?
    Because they don't support large payrolls and he has an enormous offensive potential. They should be looking to trade a guy like Gordon who makes much more money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post

More lies from Spindy.

vCash
    Okay so I will probably get killed for this.

Jeff francoer 2009,2010,2011 hit .300 or better with power against lhp. He's good defensively and can also run the bases.

If he could be brought in be cheaply to platoon with Duda against lhp and a defensive replacement does it make sense?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post

Jeff francoer 2009,2010,2011 hit .300 or better with power against lhp. He's good defensively and can also run the bases.

If he could be brought in be cheaply to platoon with Duda against lhp and a defensive replacement does it make sense?
    I wouldn't mind him back but he would want to start he wont platoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post

Frenchy would be fine to platoon with Duda. He usually does great the first year or 1/2 year he is with a new team, although maybe the Mets wouldn't be a new team for him and he'd flop. Besides, he gets $7.5 million for 2013. Are you willing to pay that for a part time guy? (You could probably re-sign Hairston for 3 years/$7.5 million, and he's a better RH hitter than Frenchy.)

Oh, and that still leaves you needing 2 more outfielders.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Next week at the Winter Meetings, I'm offering:

Dickey (with a window to negotiate an extension) + Familia, Den Dekker, Tapia and Marte for
    Wil Myers, Jarrod Dyson and John Lamb.

Do I get a deal?
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Let's play true or false!

1. The Mets need at least 2 outfielders. Answer: true.
    2. Scott Hairston is an outfielder. Answer: true.
    3. The Mets need righty batters. Answer: true.
    4. Scott Hairston is a righty batter. Answer: true.
    5. The Mets need pop. Answer: true.
    6. Scott Hairston has some pop. Answer: true.
    7. Scott Hairston is better than any outfielder on the Mets roster. Answer: true.
    8. Scott Hairston won't cost much. Answer: true.
    9. The Mets will sign Scott Hairston. Answer: false.

WHY?????????????
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    I heard Jason Bay is available.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast