Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do The Mets Look To Deal Flores Next Week?

Now that Wright is re-signed and Aderlin Rodriguez being arguably their best power prospect coming at some point in the next 2 years depending on his rate of further development (if he is not possibly dealt as well) do the Mets look to deal Flores soon (next week possibly?)

I know they can probably maximize his value if he hits well again next year but he seems certainly expendable especially if they can't find another position for him.

I wonder what his value could be considering his hitting prowess.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    Premature question. Flores has to establish what he is. He seems to be a genuine hitter. But can he play a corner outfield? Can he play second base?

We don't know what his value is yet so it would be foolish to trade him now. The exception is if some team has designs on him and makes us an offer we can't refuse. That's not likely though.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in Spring Training.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Let's play Flores at 2nd or at right or left.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    That's the thing does he have the range for second?

Or the foot speed to play the OF?

They didn't use him at anywhere besides 3rd in the fall league.

I am not sure how confident they are he can play another position.

He could have significant value if packaged right to help the OF.

vCash

Way To Early To Evaluate

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Now that Wright is re-signed and Aderlin Rodriguez being arguably theit best power prospect coming at some point in the next 2 years depending on his rate of further development (if he is not possibly dealt as well) do the Mets look to deal Flores soon (next week possibly?)

I know they can probably maximize his value if he hits well again next year but he seems certainly expendable especially if they can't find another position for him.

I wonder what his value could be considering his hitting prowess.
    Flores finally had a solid year this year and his true value is not clear. They can't deal Rodriguez yet either because he has been exposed and some team can just pick him up as a Rule V. Highly unlikely because they would have to carry him on a major league roster for a year.

vCash
    No unless someone overpays and they probably won't.

Give Flores a year in AAA and hope he hits .320 in Vegas with 30 bombs. THEN let some other team decide if his numbers were a product of Vegas or his improvements. That's when you make a deal, not now. I mean look at what attention Wil Myers is garnering after his 2012 season. Give Flores AT LEAST a chance to net us that type of value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    Flores finally had a solid year this year and his true value is not clear. They can't deal Rodriguez yet either because he has been exposed and some team can just pick him up as a Rule V. Highly unlikely because they would have to carry him on a major league roster for a year.
    I wouldn't expect Aderlin to be dealt yet either.

To me he wont be dealt until after next year, seeing how he progresses defensively at 3rd and his continual power development.

He isn't as known as Flores either, but that's why I can see Flores being expendable because they seem to have depth at the position and Flores may be able to bring us an OF of significant impact if packaged right.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post

Give Flores a year in AAA and hope he hits .320 in Vegas with 30 bombs. THEN let some other team decide if his numbers were a product of Vegas or his improvements. That's when you make a deal, not now. I mean look at what attention Wil Myers is garnering after his 2012 season. Give Flores AT LEAST a chance to net us that type of value.
    I respect that and your point makes a lot of sense, however Flores could get injured this year and his value gets reduced to a ton. I say we sell high on Flores and get a legit outfielder that's under control for 2+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the thing does he have the range for second?

Or the foot speed to play the OF?

They didn't use him at anywhere besides 3rd in the fall league.

I am not sure how confident they are he can play another position.

He could have significant value if packaged right to help the OF.
    He could always play left, you don't need great range for that, hell Duda played left. I'm sure Flores has more range than Duda.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post

Well I mentioned that in my original post (at least from a maximizing his value standpoint).

I just wonder if he can play another spot and the Mets could use OF help this year.

But I understand letting him rake in Vegas and then coming back to this idea next season.

vCash
    I respect that and your point makes a lot of sense, however Flores could get injured this year and his value gets reduced to a ton. I say we sell high on Flores and get a legit outfielder that's under control for 2+ years.

He could always play left, you don't need great range for that, hell Duda played left. I'm sure Flores has more range than Duda.
    True but Duda isn't much of an example to compare to in LF or RF lol.

He's a butcher out there and arguably the worst defensive OF in the majors.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.
    Would hope they consider moving him there next year because we know he wont play third anytime soon.

vCash
    I kinda want them to swap Flores for another, decently rated OF prospect that is close to being ready but blocked

vCash
    I think that is the problem with him. He has no home as of yet. What the Mets need to do, is pick a spot and leave him.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    I'm sure if they package Flores and Familia/Mejia, they could get a real solid outfielder for us.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast