Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500

    Do The Mets Look To Deal Flores Next Week?

    Now that Wright is re-signed and Aderlin Rodriguez being arguably their best power prospect coming at some point in the next 2 years depending on his rate of further development (if he is not possibly dealt as well) do the Mets look to deal Flores soon (next week possibly?)

    I know they can probably maximize his value if he hits well again next year but he seems certainly expendable especially if they can't find another position for him.

    I wonder what his value could be considering his hitting prowess.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,869
    vCash
    1500
    Premature question. Flores has to establish what he is. He seems to be a genuine hitter. But can he play a corner outfield? Can he play second base?

    We don't know what his value is yet so it would be foolish to trade him now. The exception is if some team has designs on him and makes us an offer we can't refuse. That's not likely though.

    I'm looking forward to seeing him in Spring Training.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York,NY
    Posts
    2,263
    vCash
    1500
    Let's play Flores at 2nd or at right or left.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Let's play Flores at 2nd or at right or left.
    That's the thing does he have the range for second?

    Or the foot speed to play the OF?

    They didn't use him at anywhere besides 3rd in the fall league.

    I am not sure how confident they are he can play another position.

    He could have significant value if packaged right to help the OF.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    513
    vCash
    1500

    Way To Early To Evaluate

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Now that Wright is re-signed and Aderlin Rodriguez being arguably theit best power prospect coming at some point in the next 2 years depending on his rate of further development (if he is not possibly dealt as well) do the Mets look to deal Flores soon (next week possibly?)

    I know they can probably maximize his value if he hits well again next year but he seems certainly expendable especially if they can't find another position for him.

    I wonder what his value could be considering his hitting prowess.
    Flores finally had a solid year this year and his true value is not clear. They can't deal Rodriguez yet either because he has been exposed and some team can just pick him up as a Rule V. Highly unlikely because they would have to carry him on a major league roster for a year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,131
    vCash
    1500
    No unless someone overpays and they probably won't.

    Give Flores a year in AAA and hope he hits .320 in Vegas with 30 bombs. THEN let some other team decide if his numbers were a product of Vegas or his improvements. That's when you make a deal, not now. I mean look at what attention Wil Myers is garnering after his 2012 season. Give Flores AT LEAST a chance to net us that type of value.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    Flores finally had a solid year this year and his true value is not clear. They can't deal Rodriguez yet either because he has been exposed and some team can just pick him up as a Rule V. Highly unlikely because they would have to carry him on a major league roster for a year.
    I wouldn't expect Aderlin to be dealt yet either.

    To me he wont be dealt until after next year, seeing how he progresses defensively at 3rd and his continual power development.

    He isn't as known as Flores either, but that's why I can see Flores being expendable because they seem to have depth at the position and Flores may be able to bring us an OF of significant impact if packaged right.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York,NY
    Posts
    2,263
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    No unless someone overpays and they probably won't.

    Give Flores a year in AAA and hope he hits .320 in Vegas with 30 bombs. THEN let some other team decide if his numbers were a product of Vegas or his improvements. That's when you make a deal, not now. I mean look at what attention Wil Myers is garnering after his 2012 season. Give Flores AT LEAST a chance to net us that type of value.
    I respect that and your point makes a lot of sense, however Flores could get injured this year and his value gets reduced to a ton. I say we sell high on Flores and get a legit outfielder that's under control for 2+ years.

    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the thing does he have the range for second?

    Or the foot speed to play the OF?

    They didn't use him at anywhere besides 3rd in the fall league.

    I am not sure how confident they are he can play another position.

    He could have significant value if packaged right to help the OF.
    He could always play left, you don't need great range for that, hell Duda played left. I'm sure Flores has more range than Duda.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    No unless someone overpays and they probably won't.

    Give Flores a year in AAA and hope he hits .320 in Vegas with 30 bombs. THEN let some other team decide if his numbers were a product of Vegas or his improvements. That's when you make a deal, not now. I mean look at what attention Wil Myers is garnering after his 2012 season. Give Flores AT LEAST a chance to net us that type of value.
    Well I mentioned that in my original post (at least from a maximizing his value standpoint).

    I just wonder if he can play another spot and the Mets could use OF help this year.

    But I understand letting him rake in Vegas and then coming back to this idea next season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    I respect that and your point makes a lot of sense, however Flores could get injured this year and his value gets reduced to a ton. I say we sell high on Flores and get a legit outfielder that's under control for 2+ years.



    He could always play left, you don't need great range for that, hell Duda played left. I'm sure Flores has more range than Duda.
    True but Duda isn't much of an example to compare to in LF or RF lol.

    He's a butcher out there and arguably the worst defensive OF in the majors.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 05:33 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.
    Would hope they consider moving him there next year because we know he wont play third anytime soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    703
    vCash
    1500
    I kinda want them to swap Flores for another, decently rated OF prospect that is close to being ready but blocked

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    Let's play Flores at 2nd or at right or left.
    I think that is the problem with him. He has no home as of yet. What the Mets need to do, is pick a spot and leave him.

    THANK YOU PROKY!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,789
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sure if they package Flores and Familia/Mejia, they could get a real solid outfielder for us.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •