Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jason Bay must have given up on his Baseball Career he left the Mets cause he couldn't hit at Citi Field so his solution go to Safeco in Seattle, also D-Bags signed Eric Hinske
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    tic toc tic toc

vCash
    [QUOTE=Scully in 2012;24576784]What a mistake. We should have taken him for that x 2 years. Freakin' Colletti!!![/QUOTE
    The Dodgers, who are looking for two starting pitchers, never got heavily involved for Haren, unless they did so at the last minute. The reason likely has to do with questions about Haren's health. One team he was talking to asked him to get a physical before even beginning negotiations, a source said. Haren passed it easily.

The concern has not been over his back, which forced him to spend time on the disabled list last year, but with his hip. Haren has been dealing with on-and-off pain in his hip since 2005 and has had some pretty good seasons in the intervening years.

But for the Dodgers, who already have health concerns with Chad Billingsley and Ted Lilly, it would have added yet more uncertainty in spring training as they map out their rotation. Signing a pitcher is always a risky move, but it appears the Dodgers are looking for young, durable pitchers who they can reasonably hope will perform through the vast majority of a long-term contract.

vCash
    I'd be surprised if something big happens today. Dodgers are waiting to counter offer instead of bidding against them selfs like Yanks did when they signed CC. But I think we might get some small things done today. I think the Dodgers will come away with 2 starting pitchers, maybe a third base like Chavez. I still think the Dodgers will try and sign Hamilton . I think the Dodgers want the best players at all cost. I think Hamilton over Ethier is a up grade. 85 mill is a lot of money to spend on a guy that'll hit righties only. Don even toyed with the idea of platooning him in right. I think if they can get Hamilton they'll pay some of his salary to make a trade happen. Package him up with Dee , Zack, and Perderson, for a big name pitcher like Felix or the kid from TB.

vCash
    SOmebody just threw out a figure that we are offering 7 years 175 million to Greinke??!!!! Holy ****!!! I dont know if its true but its on twitter for those wondering.

vCash
    Rangers, Josh Hamilton Making Progress
    By Tim Dierkes [December 4 at 1:12pm CST]
    The Rangers and free agent slugger Josh Hamilton are making progress on what would likely be a four-year deal, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. However, it is still possible another team beats the Rangers' offer.
    Hamilton for 4 years? I'll take it. Just top the Rangers offer, sign Greinke, and trade Ethier and specs for Shields. Pipe dream.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDLAKDODG4LIF View Post
    I'd be surprised if something big happens today. Dodgers are waiting to counter offer instead of bidding against them selfs like Yanks did when they signed CC. But I think we might get some small things done today. I think the Dodgers will come away with 2 starting pitchers, maybe a third base like Chavez. I still think the Dodgers will try and sign Hamilton . I think the Dodgers want the best players at all cost. I think Hamilton over Ethier is a up grade. 85 mill is a lot of money to spend on a guy that'll hit righties only. Don even toyed with the idea of platooning him in right. I think if they can get Hamilton they'll pay some of his salary to make a trade happen. Package him up with Dee , Zack, and Perderson, for a big name pitcher like Felix or the kid from TB.
    Hamilton is close to resigning with Rangers if Dodgers get any OF I think it will be Bourn we have 3 guys too hit in the middle of the order with Kemp Gonzalez and Hanley and Crawford hates hitting leadoff so I could see the team signing Bourn shifting Kemp to RF (Too keep him fresher/healthier) Starting Bourn in CF and hitting him leadoff allowing Crawford to hit 6th which is where Crawford prefers to bat but I don't see us trading Ethier to sign another OF

vCash
    I think we'll end up with Greinke, Ryu, Youkillis, and Sean Burnett ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    I think we'll end up with Greinke, Ryu, Youkillis, and Sean Burnett ...
    Please no Youk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Please no Youk
    I'd be ok with Youk on 1 year 5-15 million

vCash
    I wouldn't be ok with Youk on any contract I have always hated that guy

Also I think we make at least one trade at the winter meetings I don't see us just signing 4 guys

vCash
    Based on last season ... the positions we absolutely need are: a backup catcher, a lefty reliever, a 4th outfielder that can hit lefties, and another starter .... how about Greinke, Reed Johnson, Barajas, and Sean Burnett ... I think they can really help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Based on last season ... the positions we absolutely need are: a backup catcher, a lefty reliever, a 4th outfielder that can hit lefties, and another starter .... how about Greinke, Reed Johnson, Barajas, and Sean Burnett ... I think they can really help!
    Greinke is fine
    No thanks on Reed Johnson
    No thanks on Barajas I wanna see what FedEx can do I don't want FedEx ending up like AJ Ellis and people saying he can't hit just to find out when hes 31 hes actually pretty solid
    Yes on Sean Burnett

vCash
    I doubt the rumor of 7/175 is true, right now anyway, with the Nats having signed Haren and Hamilton appearing to be headed back to Texas, as of last night Ned said he hadn't made any official offers.

So why would his first be 7/175 while the market for Greinke is clearly thinning?
    The Runnin' Rebels are back!!!!

UNLV Class of '14

LA Kings: 27-16-5 (4-2, 4-3, 1-4)
    LA Clippers: 56-26 (2-4)
    UNLV Runnin' Rebels:
    LA Dodgers: 33-42

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Greinke is fine
    No thanks on Reed Johnson
    No thanks on Barajas I wanna see what FedEx can do I don't want FedEx ending up like AJ Ellis and people saying he can't hit just to find out when hes 31 hes actually pretty solid
    Yes on Sean Burnett
    fair enough

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast