Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Quit talking about King Felix, no chance in hell
    I am certainly not optimistic in that happening but there is always a chance.

vCash
    Mark Reynolds at 3rd. Free agent now.

vCash
    That .220 average and .335 OBP is legit.

I'd rather just put Cruz there.

vCash
    He strikeouts so much.....................

Another guy I've always kinda liked who strikeouts alot is Kelly Johnson, power hitting 2B, but he isn't an upgrade over Marky Ellis

vCash
    I think the Dodgers are going to flex their muscles this off season. I think Grienke, Ryu and another starter are on the shopping list. I think Ryu will start out in the bullpen and be worked into the rotation through injuries or poor performance. I think Sanchez, Haren, McCarthy, Marcum and Jackson are possibilities.

I think Colletti wants to bring back Victorino as a 4th outfielder, but will eventually sign Reed Johnson. I would like to see them sign Cody Ross for that role. I think Ty Wiggington, Mark Reynolds, Casey McGehe and Youklis are all targets to be a backup first base and maybe starting third baseman. I see Cruz being given the opportunity to be the starting third baseman, but he will have a short leash.

Capuano for Hanrahan would be great and I could see Colletti making that trade and signing Wilson for the bullpen. A bullpen of League, Belisario, Jansen, Hanrahan, Wilson. Lilly and Ryu would be solid. Even Tolleson instead of Wilson, that's a pretty stacked bullpen.

I can even see them make a move to get Hamilton if they think he might go to San Francisco if they don't sign Pagan.

I really dont think any move is out of the question this year as this team is being built with the next 5 years in mind. Be competitive as the big contracts run out and develop the farm system to replace the big contracts with home grown talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homerfan102 View Post
    I think the Dodgers are going to flex their muscles this off season. I think Grienke, Ryu and another starter are on the shopping list. I think Ryu will start out in the bullpen and be worked into the rotation through injuries or poor performance. I think Sanchez, Haren, McCarthy, Marcum and Jackson are possibilities.

I think Colletti wants to bring back Victorino as a 4th outfielder, but will eventually sign Reed Johnson. I would like to see them sign Cody Ross for that role. I think Ty Wiggington, Mark Reynolds, Casey McGehe and Youklis are all targets to be a backup first base and maybe starting third baseman. I see Cruz being given the opportunity to be the starting third baseman, but he will have a short leash.

Capuano for Hanrahan would be great and I could see Colletti making that trade and signing Wilson for the bullpen. A bullpen of League, Belisario, Jansen, Hanrahan, Wilson. Lilly and Ryu would be solid. Even Tolleson instead of Wilson, that's a pretty stacked bullpen.

I can even see them make a move to get Hamilton if they think he might go to San Francisco if they don't sign Pagan.

I really dont think any move is out of the question this year as this team is being built with the next 5 years in mind. Be competitive as the big contracts run out and develop the farm system to replace the big contracts with home grown talent.
    understatement of the year

vCash
    Slow down guys...

vCash
    Slow down guys...
    lmao true ... but we are doing it for fun ... it is fun to talk about the possibilities

vCash
    Mark Reynolds had alot of HRs because he only played in stadiums where balls fly (Arizona and Baltimore). Put him in Dodger Stadium, he would be terrible

vCash
    Slow down guys...
    I don't believe anything mentioned in free agency is really out of the question. The Dodgers are going to use every possible means to make this team better at every position. As long as good/great/elite free agents are available, the Dodgers have to be considered a possible destination - yes, for all of them.

I believe Hamilton, Greinke, and Wilson will be pursued by the Dodgers aggressively. It's not beyond imagination that they could all be Dodgers. Those signings would create surpluses of talent which would inevitably be used in trade. If the Pirates truly want Cap for Hanrahan Homer's scenario is much more likely than long shot.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 12-02-2012 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    What in the hell would we do with Hamilton?

We would then have 3 OF's with huge contracts that we couldn't get rid of, not to mention we still have puig in the minors.

I highly doubt we're going after Hamilton.

vCash
    Once Hamilton is off the market teams that are currently in the hunt for him will still have a need to fill.

I don't believe Dre's contract is really that cumbersome especially if the Dodgers are willing to eat about 5 mil per. I'd have to believe that the Phillies, Brewers, Rangers, even the Red Sox would show interest in Dre at $15m per season.

If you land Hamilton you are making more assets expendable. Puig, for example, becomes expendable if he can be included in a package to help land a David Price type ace. Not saying it'll happen, but looking at the Rays' contract history wouldn't you think Puig is sort of a perfect fit for them?

vCash
    I'm not predicting that Hamilton will be a Dodger, I'm just suggesting that nothing is beyond possibility with this ownership group and it's deep pockets. The only thing I can say for sure is that we've never seen anything like this group in American sports, so don't believe that anything is out of the question.

vCash
    Not seeing it

vCash
    Not seeing it
    Ok. Btw, thanks for your extraordinary contributions lately. I don't know that I would come in here anymore if I couldn't read your love fest with Giants fans and snide, one sentence remarks to everyone's ideas.

You've certainly changed your tone a bit since they announced the new mod. Hmmm... I wonder if those two items are interrelated? :/

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast